Skeletal Wyverns

agira

Hey,

I think try to kill Skeletal Wyverns for granite legs, i have enought hight slayer level, just i know about they not a lot - just what is written about they in TIP.IT Bestiary ( http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=583 ), Questions:

1. Granite legs drop rate - I not sure how rare they drop granite legs, i don't think to waste week to get 1 granite legs, maybye day or two but not more..

2. Location - Location already i found is same F2P dungeon where is Ice Warriors just members part of that dungeon. *EDITED*

3. Equipment & tactics..

3.1 I have no Dragonfire Shield then i will use Mind elemental shield i think - i get more damage with mind elemental shield then using Dragonfire Shield, is very big diference or not ?

3.2 Like i understand they are similar to Metal dragons just they freeze, if they similar to metal dragons then maybye i can use Metal dragons tactics like:

A. Melee with pray stuff using prot melee pray ?

B. Range they with Rune C'bow and addy diamond/ruby (e) bolts ? or maybye exists better solution ?

4. They damage, or they can hit like metal dragons with magic from distance ?

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

1. I think Granite legs drop rate is slightly higher then whips,only Wyverns are much tougher then abby demons.

2. The ice cave,near the blurite rocks.

3.1. Never tried it with DFS so cant realy tell, my guess yes (even if u use melee prayer)

a. this is the tactic i used the last time i was there (right after the DFS was released), works well.

b. i tried to mage them from distance with mage prayer on. Didnt work. I still got hit pretty good.switched to range prayer.Again, severe injuries.

I guess their speciel attacks doesn't count as magic or range (maybe its a melee based range attack :D) . Didnt try ranging them.

4. see 3.2.b

Heh i done some research on google about they, found very interesting things:

1. TIP.IT guide say then they race is Dragon, but Wikipedia guide say then they are Undeads ( look: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Skeletal_Wyvern ), if they undeads then effective is Salve Amulet (e)... I wonder which guide is right then

2. I found some video where guy so easy kill they, look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8DtSP6KnJQ and what interesting first him drop was legs :) I wonder what equipment that guy wear, i think some mixed ? *EDITED*

I a bit missed about they race now and really it is important to me, because salve ammy (e) can add great damage if they are undeads and i hope then tip.it guide mistaked :) then they dragons..

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Heh i done some research on google about they, found very interesting things:

1. TIP.IT guide say then they race is Dragon, but Wikipedia guide say then they are Undeads ( look: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Skeletal_Wyvern ), if they undeads then effective is Salve Amulet (e)... I wonder which guide is right then

I'm relatively sure they're dragons, I've never seen a salve being suggested in a guide leading to believe they're not undead :P

2. I found some video where guy so easy kill they, look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8DtSP6KnJQ and what interesting first him drop was legs :) I wonder what equipment that guy wear, i think some mixed ? *EDITED*

I haven't watched the video but think I should warn you incase you don't know, that at some time these were nerfed and a certain method of killing them somehow became a deathwish due to the nerf. I can't remember what it was that changed, but you should check comments on youtube and be sure it's up to date.

I used to kill a decent ammount of them, never got granite legs. Combine that with what I hear on forums and I think it's safe to say it's very rare to get granite legs.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I just wonder or to go kill they or to get better stats like at least 90 attack and same defence level and highter slayer level for better drop chance, because currently i train that skills and at current moment i not use and i don't have any barrows or dragon armor set or set parts, just use:

Against physical damage (no pray):

Helm: Neziroth (if slayer tasks Black mask then if helm slot is free)

Body: Granite Body

Gloves: Barrows from recipe of disaster.

Legs: Rune

Shield: Obby

Weapon: Whip/Keris - kaphites (once i done 69 damage with 1 hit on they)

Cape: Skillcape (t)

Amulet: Glory/Salve(e) - for undeads;

Against magic (no pray):

Helm: Neziroth/Bear head (if slayer tasks Black mask then if helm slot is free)

Body: Black D'hide body

Gloves: Barrows from recipe of disaster.

Legs: Black d'hide chaps.

Shield: Mind elemental (Anti-dragon if for dragons)

Weapon: Whip

Cape: Skillcape (t)

Amulet: Glory/Salve(e) - for undeads;

If i will melee they then better to get anti physical or anti magical def set?

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

I am also quite sure they are Dragons (Visage drop/DFS charging)

I just wonder or to go kill they or to get better stats like at least 90 attack and same defence level

Your stats are fine to take a shot there (the melee prayer way)

... and highter slayer level for better drop chance

is there a new myth going on?

... and highter slayer level for better drop chance

is there a new myth going on?

I dunno where i readed it maybye is just myth, but is like i know it long time already then with highter slayer lvl is better chance to get better drop from slayer monsters, this fluent only to slayer monsters like i know..

Example: with 99 slayer level you have much better chance to get abyssal whip from Abyssal Demons then with 85 slayer level - from 85 slayer lvl just you are able to kill they..

Really i not 100% sure or is true.. just i believe in it :)

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track