A Draconic Guide V1.4

Lets_3ekout

A Draconic Guide

This is my guide to hunting dragons, I plan to constantly expand on it and [one day] to have all the best techniques for hunting all non metal, non boss dragons. These include Green, Blue, Red, Black, Brutal green dragons and even the skeletal wyverns.

Please note while reading this guide it is more so multiple guides on a similar subject other then one big guide. This is due to me making these one at a time and the nature of dragon hunting.

Versions

Version 1.0: Meleeing red dragons guide released.

Version 1.1: Brutal green dragons guide added.

Version 1.2: Ranging and Meleeing black dragons guide added. Profits graph created.

02/08/08: Seems that the new forums messed with my guide. Copied a backup in place and fixed a number of issues with size and hide commands (god that different size scaling is a pain :| ). Please reply or pm me if you find any more mistakes.

04/09/08: Updated red drags with summoning pouch, fixed red dragon map pictures & updated gp/hr and charm drops.

Version 1.3: Green dragons - Chaos tunnels guide added. Alternative green dragon spots in testing. Profit graph updated.

17/10/08: Updated Brutal green dragons with summoning pouch. Profit Graph updated. Better meleeing methods in testing.

Version 1.4 Meleeing brutal dragons (Verac) added.

07/02/09: Small update, added HP/Max hit/drop list info for all dragons. Slight re-formatting done.

-------------------------------------------------

Profit Graph

Note: This graph is due for an update to include effective use of summons, all are updated except black dragons.

Do not jump to conclusions with this graph, there are always things to consider like exp rates, additional drops and enjoyment when choosing which dragon to hunt. I will update this graph every time I release a new guide and get my hands on the GP per hour you receive at each location.

graphgz0.png

[hide=Green Dragons - Chaos Tunnels]greendragonoi3.gif

The green dragon is purely for hides and bones - it supplies them well and fast but sacrifices some of the other luxurious drops that you get from other harder dragons. These dragons are a measly level 79 with 75 hitpoints and there are a variety of places to kill them however all of them involve being in the WILDERNESS at some stage. The best area for higher levels is out of the wilderness but is located in multicombat amongst multiple level 83 baby black dragons who drop baby dragon bones - never hunt these baby dragons. Depending on where you kill these, they may be very crowded.

Info

Level: 79

HP: 75

Max hit: 8

Tip.It Drop list: Click me!

Requirements

75+ Defence

60+ Attack

60+ Strength

Helpful

80+ Defence

43+ Prayer

Inventory & Equipment

Keep in mind that I have 90 defence and 90+ attack/strength. If your stats differ make sure to adjust the amount of food. Take note of how much food you brought on your first trip and keep on adjusting it until you have it right.

greendragonsetupuu3.png

Alternatives:

• Helm: Helm of neitznot > Beserker helm > Barrows helm > Rune full

Cape: Fire > trimmed skill > skill/obby

Amulet: Fury > Glory

Weapon: Whip > dragon scimitar

Body: Bandos plate > Fighter torso > Barrows > Rune

Shield: Dragon fire shield > Anti-Dragon shield

Legs: Bandos tasset > Barrows > Rune

Gloves: Best RFD gloves

Boots: Dragon boots > Rune boots > Climbing boots

Ring: Beserker ring > Ring of life > Warrior ring

We begin our trip at bounty hunter (now on referred to as BH) - use a games necklace to teleport there instantly. While bounty hunter may be in the wilderness, the area you teleport to and the whole BH (besides the craters) area is NOT in the wilderness and revenant free. Wilderness starts at the bottom of the BH stairs.

wildyroutejb4.png

Bank at BH and summon your terrorbird when you're ready. If your energy isn't full (and it probably won't be after a trip) make good use of the cheap terrorbird scrolls that will provide you with run energy.

REVENANT!

Using the chaos tunnel technique revenants aren't a threat. The only time you may encounter them is walking from BH to chaos tunnels. If this ever happens, you really should just ignore them with protect from mage on. If you're determined to log before they attack you further, there are an abundance of trees amongst the trail - it only takes 1 tree to trap a revenant and calmly log out.

Enter the chaos tunnels and you will be in a room full of level 6 & 96 cavebugs. They are not aggressive. Once in, simply move north towards the portal and enter it.

insidechaostunnelskk4.png

Notice the black and green dots. Each represents a green dragon spawn (green dot) and baby black dragon (black spot). As you can see, there isn't really a "Best" spawn to kill because the baby black dragons are distributed equally. Note that the baby black dragon spawns tend to move around a lot and they may crowd around a green dragon more then another at certain times. I prefer the two northern spawns, with a world that has ~200 population 2 spawns is all you need and the gap between the northern ones is marginally smaller.

Drops & Profits

As most low end dragons, the charm drops are pitiful - the far majority of charms are green. Don't even pick up the charms that you get unless they're blue, they're not worth sacrificing the inventory spot for.

Profit.

Trip time: 9 MINUTES 37 Seconds

Traveling time: 00:49

Total: 10 MINUTES 26 Seconds = 626 SECONDS

19 d bones - 1957ea - 37183

19 green hides - 1659ea - 31521

Total - 68704

Trips per hr = 3600/626 = 5.75 Trips per hour

68704 * 5.75 = 395048 or 395k per hour

A lot of consistent money can be made here. Have fun killing these weak dragons but most of all enjoy the least crowded and least dangerous green dragons available :) .[/hide]

[hide=Meleeing Red Dragons]MeReDr

reddragonzg7.gif

This is my guide to melleing red dragons, which have been overlooked by many high levels for a long time as a profitable money maker. I am yet to see someone there as to slow down my rate of killing them, making the trips very fast and very profitable. I'll be taking and recording measurements of how long a trip takes me, and how much profit it gives.

Contents

•  
    Info

Requirements.

Inventory and Equipment.

Location and Wild dogs.

Drops, money and speed.

Credits.

Info

Level: 152

HP: 140

Max hit: 14

Requirements.

The requirements are flexible, but you may just have to alter your inventory to make your trips as efficient as possible, we want each trip to end with 12 red dragon hides and 12 dragon bones, and with any luck some extra goodies such as rune arrows :P

Minimum requirements:

70+ Attack

70+ Strength

70+ Defence

30+ Agility

"Dragon slayer" quest started

If you do not meet the "Recommended" melee levels, sharks or pineapple pizzas are advised to replace monks.

Recommended levels:

80+ Attack

80+ Strength

80+ Defence

51+ Magic & completed "Plague City" quest.

43+ Prayer (NOT required! No prayer pots will be used)

Monks suffice with these stats, if you are using a beast of burden bringing pineapple pizzas is advised.

Highly efficient:

90+ Attack

90+ Strength

90+ Defence

127+ Combat

96 Summoning

Inventory and equipment.

Here's the setup I've found to both get you through the red dragons easily and lets you're inventory allow a good amount of hides and bones. If you want to fit another dragon kill into your trip you can bring Ardy tele-tabs instead and pick up a bronze axe instead of constantly having a rune one on you. More on that later.

reddragssetupmf5.png

w904.png

Here's a list of efficient replacements I've found, feel free to change what you find better for you're stats.

Recommended/Minimum setup:

• Helmet: Neitznot helm > Beserker helm > Barrows melee helm > Rune full helm

Amulet: Fury > Glory > Strength

Cape: Fire > Trimmed achievement > Achievement/obby > Legends

Body: Bandos body > Barrows melee plate > Fighter torso (see note later) > Granite plate > Rune plate

Legs: Bandos legs > Barrows melee leg armour > Rune legs

Weapon: Whip > Dragon scimitar > Dragon longsword

Boots: Dragon boots > Rune boots > Climbing boots > Adamant boots

Gloves: Barrows > Dragon > Rune

Ring: Ring of life > Beserker > Ring of wealth

Arrows: NONE (important for their rune arrow drops)

Shield: Anti-fire shield > Anti-dragon shield

Pouch: Pack yak > Terrorbird > War tortoise > Bunyip

Secondary weapon: DDS > Dragon battle axe

Note on fighter torso: If you're defence isn't 90+ the red dragons are most likely going to get some good damage in if you don't wear the best protection you have, and the extra 1 damage the fighter torso gives you just doesn't compensate for the defensive power of Torags, Guthans, Veracs or Dharoks. This doesn't apply as much to the helm scenario, making the barrow helms less efficient overall.

You may be wondering why I put terrorbird over the tortoise, simple fact is tortoises are expensive (5kea) and birds are dirt cheap. The bank is close as well so a small difference in your BoB won't make a massive difference either.

Highly efficient stats equipment changes:

•  
    Ring: Beserker > Ring of life > Ring of wealth

Body: Bandos body > Fighter torso > Barrows plate > Granite plate > Rune plate

That just about sums up you're equipment on you, remember that you should try to adjust you're armour to suit you, the only item you must always have is a anti fire or dragon shield. Lower levels should focus more on defence for getting full inventories and high levels should focus more on strength to get full inventories faster.

Inventory:

The following items are required: Food, Ardougne teleport, 905 GP.

The following are optional: Secondary weapon (aka special attack weapon), Potions, axe (required, but can be picked up on a small detour for free)

I use pineapple pizzas because they're have one of the best hp healed per gp ratio in rs (if you buy the last two ingredients for them at least, very fast to add slices to pizzas) and they pack a whopping 22hp per inventory spot, allowing me to summon my BoB at the last moment and possible even get 2 trips out of one terrorbird. If you use monks (or similar food) and a Bob, you may want to pre-summon the terrorbird in Ardougne and give it extra monks.

Note on pots. Absolutely optional, I like them to speed up my trips but if you don't like using them then that's fine. HOWEVER do NOT bring 4 doses to red dragons! I highly recommend 2 dose potions, because you simply cannot efficiently use that many doses up in the small amount of time it takes to fill up your inventory. If you choose to bring 3 dose you may have to waste a dose in the end. Try to set a number of kills you need before you drink a dose to evenly spread out the levels you get from the pots.

Note on food. It may take you a trip to figure out what type of food you should be bringing here, because it can differ on both stats and equipment used. However higher levels are generally fine with lobsters, and as said before 80+ stats are good with monks and 70+ might need sharks for a full inventory.

Note on prayer. You may have noticed I recommended a prayer level of 43+ earlier, which in case you didn't know is protect from melee. The reason I suggest this is because of the inconsistent damage a red dragon dishes out. I've had many kills where I've never had to eat a single monkfish, but I've also had kills where I required 3 monks, which isn't good. The reason for that is that each and every dragon will always drop two things you want to pick up each time, their special bones and their hides. Accordingly, this means for a none-wasteful trip you should eat two pieces of food on average per dragon. This makes bringing sharks inefficient for high levels, because they will have to end up dropping their relatively valuable sharks to reap their reward. Back on the point of prayer, after a trip you should always teleport back to Ardougne so you can quickly start another trip again, and for another reason. Just north-west of Ardougne's south bank is a church where you can recharge you're prayer points, making no need at all for prayer potions, which can greatly impact profits from any monster hunting trip.

Location and Wild dogs.

Red dragons are easy to get to once you get the hang of it, the first time you may get a tad confused with the multiple paths you can take in the dungeon where they are located (I do not recommend hunting red dragons in the wilderness by any means). Here is route I've drawn on a map, courtesy of Tip.It and it's hard working crew :P.

ardougnerouteuj5.png

w342.png

brimhavenroutetw4.png

w329.png

You may note the additional easterly route on Karamja, this is a route ONLY TO BE TAKEN by those that used tele-tabs and didn't bring a rune axe. If you're both of those, you must take this small detour and pick up the bronze axe spawn in the house, amongst all the pirate NPC's.

brimdungeonrouteqp1.png

w622.png

When you finally get to the general area of red dragons, I recommend sticking to the northern end of the dungeon. Summon your terrorbird when you get to the final agility obstacle, or if you're a lower level who needs more food then summon it at ardy and don't stall on your journey to red dragons or it may be possible your summon wont last (though unlikely).

Wild dog misconception: Many people hate this dungeon from it's presence of wild dogs, and are blinded by the thought of the empty fire giant spots, profitable metal dragons, empty moss giant/greater demon spots and of course, red dragons. This dungeon is a great place, but only if you know how to go about it.

Before summoning, Jagex made these only JUST out of reach of no longer being aggressive from combat level. If you look at their level (63) and the aggressive formula (Monster CB * 2 + 1 must be equal or smaller to your combat) you will see you need 127 combat, what was just out of possibility. With summoning, we can now get 127+ without a single 99, and many have. If you don't have 127+ combat don't panic, there's a spot with one avoidable wild dog spawn, it will nearly never bother you ::'

If you still don't like the sound of it you can use the blocking technique instead. When you get attacked by a wild dog, you can actually run behind a red dragon, wait for the dogs "attack" period to end and start fighting the red dragon instead of the dog, done efficiently, this can take only 5 seconds each time, where the killing method can take 10 seconds at times when you have unlucky hits. Don't think that the dogs there make it slow money, because I lose no more then 20 seconds from them each trip.

4. Drops, money and speed. (4DRO)

Charms

Red dragons drop 1 charm per charm drop.

---------------------------Trip 1----------------------

1 green

2 green

3 none

4 green

5 crimson

6 crimson

7 crimson

8 green

9 gold

10 gold

11 gold

12 gold

13 green

13 green

14 green

15 crimson

16 green

17 gold

-----------------------------End Trip 1-----------------------------

-------------------------------Trip 2-------------------------------

18 green

19 none

20 green

21 green

22 green

23 none

24 green

25 gold

26 gold

27 green

28 gold

29 gold

30 green

31 green

32 gold

33 green

34 crimson

----------------------------End Trip 2-----------------------------

------------------------------Trip 3-------------------------------

35 green

36 green

37 none

38 green

39 none

40 crimson

41 crimson

42 gold

43 gold

44 green

45 green

46 green

47 green

48 gold

49 green

50 green

51 gold

---------------------------End Trip 3----------------------------------

=====================ONE HOUR===========================

From below calculations time per trip = 1199 secs.

Greens/hr = 26/3(average) * 3600/1199 (trips per hour) = 26 greens/hr (drop rate = 51%)

Golds/hr = 14/3 * 3 = 14 golds/hr (drop rate = 27.5%)

Crimsons/hr = 7/3 * 3 = 7 golds/hr (drop rate = 5.9%)

Note: The prices for hides will be adjusted when I finish updating each guide with summons & my new stats.

Now, for the reward for your work killing dragons :P In this section, I'll attempt to record as accurately as I can the money you can achieve in a trip, how long a whole trip takes, how long the killing stage takes and the money you can make in an hour here.

Firstly, red dragons have an awesome drop of 3 chocolate cakes at once unnoted! Which is awesome when you just finished killing a dragon that fluked a good bit of damage on you. Remember, if you don't need the hp LEAVE IT ON THE GROUND FOR LATER! It's a big mistake to eat at full hp just for inventory space or not having to watch things disappear. Drop the food instead. A quick picture of a choc cake drop:

choccakedropqj6.jpg

Before we get started counting the money we make per trip or hour, we have to get a fair price for each of these products. I'll write down my workings as best I can so if prices change over time or you disagree with my findings in the RS market you can adjust and quickly re-do it yourself to see how much you'll be getting.

While looking at prices of hides it became apparent that people have finally found out about black dragons in the RFD section of the lost city, and accordingly black hide prices have fallen considerably. When RFD came out I spent a long time down there making huge cash because few thought of coming back to the place to kill black dragons, and black hides were in demand with not so much supply. Now there is much more supply and in my eyes, red dragons have become the new black dragons, but killing them is many times faster, making them even more efficient.

Red dragon hide, untanned: 3.5K (Note, I'm finding it hard to find any distinct price, but I can see prices in the range of 3k-4k, so I'm using 3.5k to be fair.

Dragon bones: 1.55k

Rune arrows: 400ea

I average 4 rune arrows per trip, it's not exactly going to be doubling my net-worth but it compensates for the costs of getting into the dungeon and some of the pots I use, so I won't count them.

Money per trip (Assuming you will end up with 36 in total from bones & hides when you finish - This is using a terrorbird):

1,550 * 18 = 27,900

3,500 * 18 = 63,000

27,900 + 63,000 = 90,900

Money earned per trip: 90.9K

Money per hour. This one is highly dependant, it can change from the amount of attention you put in, how well you can block out wild dogs (It isn't that hard), your stats, your armour and weapons etc. However I have recorded my personal times and with 88 attack, 85 defense, 87 strength the following is what I found:

Time to get to red dragons from bank and from ardy teleport location to bank (total): 2 minutes 47 seconds. (167 secs)

Time taken to get a full inventory of hides and bones, includes wild dogs: 17 minutes 12 seconds. (1032 secs)

Total time per trip: 167 + 1032 = 1199 secs

Total time per trip = 20 minutes 59 seconds

Therefore, the money you make down here per hour = 3600 (hour) / 1199 (trip) * 90900 (Profit per trip)

GP per hour = 272927 GP. In other words, 272.9k/hour.

If you're wondering the following is what you're inventory should look like after a trip, I got lucky with the rune arrow drops, most of the time you end up with 0 - 4.

finishedtripqm4.jpg

finishedtripqm4.f14ad1643e.jpg

Enjoy the empty training spots at red dragons, it's relaxing and stress free killing that won't have you pulling your hair out when some random starts stealing "your" dragon :P.[/hide]

[hide=Brutal Green Dragons]BrGrDr

Slaying brutal green dragons.

brutalgreendragonjx6.gif

2nd January '08: Ranging method updated.

Here's my guide on how to slay brutal green dragons, these are mix between mithril, normal metal and leather dragons. As deadly as it may sound when approached correctly these are actually the easiest dragon to slay in ALL of Runescape! Not without a highly profitable reward either.

Why?

As some of you may have noticed, my first two guides have gone after forgotten and overlooked dragons that many have labeled inefficient without ever attempting to try slay them. That said, I'm not one to go slay highly populated monsters because you always end up fighting over them with some of the most immature morons you'll find on the Internet. Thus I like to make a challenge to myself to find ways to kill profitable monsters where the normal person would not be willing to venture. The reward is being able to find methods that allow me to kill monsters just as profitably without having to put up with certain players. If you enjoy dragon hunting and have the stats for red dragons or even more so brutal dragons I advise you not to judge before you try these for yourself, using methods that I advise here.

Details.

Level: 227

HP: 175

Max hit: 18

Not sure of what exactly a brutal green dragon is? He's a quick overview.

A brutal green dragon is the highest level leather dragon in all of RuneScape (well, same as black dragons actually. They're considered more dangerous then black dragons though, and offer more worth of hides and bones per kill), immune to poison, yet ridiculously easy to kill. They're level 227. They have a mage attack that maxes at 18 and a melee attack that maxes at 18 as well. However, neither of these attacks will ever hit you if you follow this guide.

Similar to all leather dragons, these always drop dragon bones and a hide of their colour, however, unlike every other dragon currently out, these drop two hides of their colour, which makes up for their high level. You will often end up with 40-80 blood runes at the end of a trip, Unfortunately, these do not drop the famous visage but still drop a variety of rune weaponry (scim, b axe, long), rune full, rune chain, d meds, half keys (more often then your typical monster), rune kites, half shields, high level herbs, lvl 3 clues and more.

Enough of that, let's get down to what we need and how we're going to do it.

Stat requirements.

Attemptable (Not recommended)

70+ Range

37+ Prayer

Completed tasks to enter whirlpool (Tip.It's official Barbarian training guide)

Recommended

80+ Range

60+ Prayer

80+ Hitpoints (You will not be taking damage, this is for safety)

Helpful levels

38 Herblore (So you can make use of their occasional ranarr drop)

60+ Defence (You will not be taking damage. This is for the extra 1-3 hits you may take from melee or range every trip, it's still very possible with 1 defence)

44 Prayer (Eagle eye lets you speed up that last kill when prayer points don't matter)

50 Construction (Recharge your prayer and use a teleport portal for free, tab to get to house only takes one inv space)

Equipment.

The equipment you bring should be a cross between prayer boosting and range attack armour, leaning towards range attack more. The following is a setup I've found highly efficient.

brutalgreensetupgz6.png

Here is a list of replacements and improvements to my setup:

• Head: God mitre > Robin hood hat > Archer helmet.

Amulet: Fury > God Stole > Un/Holy Symbol > Glory

Cape: Ava's accumulator > Fire cape > Trimmed skill cape

Quiver: Broad Bolts > Adamant bolts > Mithril bolts > Runite Bolts

Weapon: Rune-cross bow

Body: Black dragon hide > Kharils

Legs: Black dragon hide > Kharils

Shield: Zam Book > Guth book > Sara/Unfilled Book > Anti-fire shield > Anti-dragon shield

Boots: Ranger > Snakeskin > White > Frogleather

Gloves: Best RFD gloves > Black vambs

Ring: Ring of life > Archer ring

They may have a low range defence, but they're level 227 as well, so you must maintain a considerable range offense.

Inventory.

Your inventory should be kept as empty as possible, with as many disposable items as you can. For this reason, (excluding prayer potions) make sure you're anti fire and range potions are no more then 2 doses, else you'll be wasting valuable potions or have fewer dragons to kill before you are forced to bank. If you are using a terror bird or tortoise, bring 3 dose range potions and anti fires.

I'll go down the list of items I take and explain them.

Food - No body's perfect, thus, you will often take an extra 10-30 damage each run from running past green dragons to collect drops, or from the inaccurate range attack of the nearby waterfiends. If you get attacked by a waterfiend just run south to the 2nd brutal spawn and it'll stop attacking. If you plan on rummaging skeletons for the pages bring multiple pieces of food (up to 10).

Prayer potions - The only way to not get hit is to pray mage here. If you've ever been to iron or steel dragons, it's a very similar theme here except they have an additional mage attack.

Range potions - These really help at speeding up your trips, combine a high range level and these together and brutal greens stand no chance.

Games Necklace - Makes no difference of inventory space when using BA and provides insanely fast transportation to brutal dragons.

House teletab - Highly advised to bring a one inventory space teleport that is close to a place with an altar. If you don't have the con level for a portal and altar you can consider getting Ardougne, Lumbridge and Camelot tabs.

Summon - These increase your gp/hr. ALOT. Bring your best of beast of burden (I prefer to use spirit terrorbirds over tortoises unless I'm boss hunting), summon it ONLY when your inside the dungeon and store it full of hides and bones. A spirit bird increases my profit per hour by approx 70,000, A worth while investment!

Location.

Before you get started you must complete a small series of tasks laid down to you by a barbarian found just south-west of the whirlpool. These can be completed easily with the use of Tip.It's official Barbarian training guide.

When you're done with completing the tasks you can enter the whirlpool and begin killing brutals, don't go jumping down there just yet without reading what to do though!

Once you've used your games necklace to teleport to the barbarian outpost (NOT games room) head inside the barbarian assault mini game building, the one right next to you. Inside deposit your games necklace and head back outside.

bankinggamesnecklaceez0.png

Now head south, step onto the pier and jump down the whirl pool. Go down the stairs here and there should be a brutal dragon to greet you, with another two spawns just south. Be careful not to take the steps up towards mithril dragons.

maptobrutalgreensjy6.png

enteringdungeonfe9.png

Technique.

The technique to killing these is related to that of ranging iron and steel dragons. NEVER summon your familiar before entering the whirlpool - you will be DENIED access.

As mentioned before, these are a mix between ordinary metal dragon, mithril dragons and leather dragons. The reason why I say this is because their 100% drops are similar to that of a normal dragon (with 2 hides for every kill!), they have the exact mage attack of a mithril dragon, same max and attack graphics as a mith dragon as well (as waterfiends seem to have as well, this dungeon seems to share the same attack animations, this includes the range attack of waterfiends). The reason they relate to normal metal dragons is because you can stand anywhere in the room and safely range them never taking damage! Yes that's right, they are the only leather dragons to own long range dragon breath (and a mage attack).

At this points fellow metal dragon slayers will be able to guess how to kill these. All you do is drink up your anti fire, range and (if you need to) prayer pots and start ranging them out of their melee range while praying against magic. They will not budge as long as they can attack you with mage or their fire breath.

A note on your shield: Credits to jordanweb for this idea :) . Because you'll be using protect from magic the whole time down there you do NOT need an anti dragon shield. Magic protect and an anti-fire pot give full protection without an anti dragon shield. Thus a Zamorak book is extremely helpful for it's prayer bonus and range attack bonus. Magic protect and an anti dragon shield do not fully protect you.

That's all there is to it, no catches, no crowds, no getting hit and as long as you don't do anything stupid, no risk of dieing at all!

Profits.

Charms

1 - Gold

2 - Gold

3 - Crimson

4 - Nothing

5 - Nothing

6 - Green

7 - Gold

------------------

8 - Green

9 - Green

10 - Gold

11 - Crimson

12 - Gold

13 - Nothing

14 - Gold

------------------

15 - Nothing

16 - Nothing

17 - Nothing

18 - Nothing

19 - Green

20 - Nothing

21 - Gold

------------------

22 - Gold

23 - Crimson

24 - Crimson

25 - Nothing

26 - Green

27 - Gold

28 - Green

------------------

29 - Green

30 - Green

31 - Gold

==================ONE HOUR==================

-------------------Rates--------------------

Charm drop percentage: 71.0%

---

Gold drop percentage (including nothing): 32.3%

Green drop percentage (including nothing): 29.0%

Crimson drop percentage (including nothing): 16.1%

---

Gold drop percentage (not including nothing): 41.7%

Green drop percentage (not including nothing): 37.5%

Crimson drop percentage (not including nothing): 20.8%

---

Gold charms per hour: 20

Green charms per hour: 18

Crimson charms per hour: 10

============================================

32 - Green

33 - Gold

34 - Nothing

35 - Nothing

Here I'll count how much cash you can make every hour, I'll even account for how long it takes to walk to the dragons, as apposed to the money you'd get if there was a bank right next to you, which many people fail to remember when they try count how much you make in a certain place in an hour.

I personally timed each stage and the following is a consistent time for each stage:

Withdrawing inventory items to start another trip, teleporting to BA, banking necky and entering whirlpool: 70 Seconds.

Starting from entry of whirlpool, time taken to kill an inventory worth of brutal green dragons: 870 Seconds.

Total time per trip: 940 secs or 15 minutes & 40 seconds.

Trips per hour: 3,600 / 940 = 3.8 (rounded)

Now we just need to find out how much profit we make per hour. I use prices I manage to sell with at the time I make this guide, December 31st. Remember you also get drops such as bloods and rune chain (alchs for 30k), these can be inconsistent so I will not include them. Keep in mind you will receive more then this amount per hour.

Dragon bone price: 2226

Green dragon hide price: 1729

Bones per trip = 12

Hides per trip = 24

Profit per trip = (12 * 2226) + (1729 * 24) = 68,208 gp per trip minimum

Profit per hour: 68208 * 3.8 = 261000 gp or 261k per hour, only counting bones and hides.

Note on above Calculation: I had to round the 3.8 trips/hr down. However when calculating this I did not use the rounded down version, thus the math may appear wrong.

Keep in mind that you will receive many other drops that I'm unable to account for in the calculations (without make 1,000+ trips and recording each of those). To give people a faint idea the additional drops that you will get will normally be a minimum of 40 bloods, often 60 and every now and then 80. Additionally you will often on average get 1 additional drop worth keeping per trip, sometimes 2, sometimes none. For example, this wouldn't really be considered an uncommon trip, though it wouldn't be a minimum either:

endoftripeo7.png

Thanks to jordanweb: I'm yet to try these out so don't hold me to this but apparently using Veracs or a Dragon hally (on stab) works decent here as well.

FAQ

I've tried to cover these issues in the guide, but I'll make a FAQ to run through them anyway.

Q. I'm getting attacked by waterfiends and magic prayer isn't fully stopping them! This doesn't work!

A. Just run a few steps down and you'll be out of its "territory", itll stop attacking and a brutal won't waste a second to start attacking you.

Q. Prayer potions? I though this was for profit?

A. You will only use an average of 4-5 doses of prayer potion, which by itself is very cheap. When you consider the amount of bones and hides you receive for those 4-5 doses it's hardly even noticeable.

Q. How many bolts should I be bringing if I use adamant?

A. I've found I use aprox 50-75 addy bolts per trips at 86 range using range pots (and an accumulator)

Q. These guys mage and melee, how can you possibly not be hit damage?

A. It's a similar concept to ranging metal dragons, as long as you attack them out of melee range they will not move toward you to take advantage of their melee attack (which hits 18's). So we use our anti shields and an anti pot to negate all fire damage, while our mage prayer protects us from their mage attack, which is capable of hitting 18's as well.

Q. What do all the attacks look like?

A. The mage attack is a blue spell that is comparable to a bolt spell with no additional graphical effect when it hits. When cast, the dragon will stand up on it's hind legs, like so:

mageattackvidvl8.gif

It's melee attack animation is nothing special, the typical of any dragon. Not to be underestimated in strength though.

It's fire attack I see as a bit lazy from Jagex. It's long range fire like metal dragons have, but the animation is the same of leather dragons. This animation was made for melee range, thus looking incredibly lame when you put several squares between you and the dragon. This is what it looks like:

fireattackvidle0.gif[/hide]

[hide=Meleeing brutal green dragons]brutalgreendragonjx6.gif

Tired of ranging? Want something new? Well this might just be your thing. Meleeing works well here, if you do it right. At first I tested with a whip and the incorrect prayer - it was horrible. Now I've played around with setups and found a much better method, there is one last method that I haven't tested, and unfortunately can't - the godsword.

Details

HP: 175

Max hit: 18

Not sure of what exactly a brutal green dragon is? He's a quick overview.

A brutal green dragon is the highest level leather dragon in all of RuneScape, immune to poison, yet ridiculously easy to kill. They're level 227. They have a mage attack that maxes at 18 and a melee attack that maxes at 18 as well. Following this guide, the melee attack is the only one that will hit you - with a good setup and defence level you won't need to eat at all for a typical kill.

Similar to all leather dragons, these always drop dragon bones and a hide of their colour, however, unlike every other dragon currently out, these drop two hides of their colour, which makes up for their high level. You will often end up with 40-80 blood runes at the end of a trip, Unfortunately, these do not drop the famous visage but still drop a variety of rune weaponry (scim, b axe, long), rune full, rune chain, d meds, half keys (more often then your typical monster), rune kites, half shields, high level herbs, lvl 3 clues and more.

Stat requirements

Attemptable (not recommended)

70+ Attack

70+ Strength

70+ Defence

37+ Prayer

Recommended

80+ Attack

80+ Strength

85+ Defence

60+ Prayer

Equipment

Your equipment is pretty straight forward. if you aren't using full veracs, a verac brassard and skirt are still recommended because the defence bonus on proseleyte isn't sufficient.

veracingbrutaldragsxq4.png

•  
    Head: Verac's helm

Amulet: Fury > Glory > God stole

Cape: Fire > Trimmed skill > God cloak > Skill/Obby

Weapon: Verac's Flail

Body: Verac's brassard

Legs: Verac's skirt

Boots: Dragon > Rune > Climbing > White

Gloves: Dragon slayer gloves (ONLY ON SLAYER TASK) > Best RFD gloves

Ring: Ring of life > Beserker

Inventory

As you always should when hunting dragons - keep it as empty as you can but keep enough to fill you and your summon's inventory.

Food - Unlike the range method, you WILL get hit for damage. At 90 defence, 99 attack 94 strength, 10 pizzas (22hp ea) work out perfectly for me.

Prayer Potions - There's no way around it, you must use these. For my entire inventory + my spirit terrorbird's inventory I use pretty much exactly 4 doses (with 73 prayer).

Super set - Use them. I can't begin to explain just how much they help. Use them.

House teletab - Highly advised to bring a one inventory space teleport that is close to a place with an altar. If you don't have the con level for a portal and altar you can consider getting Ardougne, Lumbridge and Camelot tabs.

Summon- These increase your gp/hr. ALOT. Bring your best of beast of burden (I prefer to use spirit terrorbirds over tortoises unless I'm boss hunting), summon it ONLY when your inside the dungeon and store it full of hides and bones. A spirit bird increases my profit per hour by approx 70,000, A worth while investment!

Before you get started you must complete a small series of tasks laid down to you by a barbarian found just south-west of the whirlpool. These can be completed easily with the use of Tip.It's official Barbarian training guide.

When you're done with completing the tasks you can enter the whirlpool and begin killing brutals, don't go jumping down there just yet without reading what to do though!

Once you've used your games necklace to teleport to the barbarian outpost head inside the barbarian assault mini game building, the one right next to you. Inside deposit your games necklace and head back outside.

bankinggamesnecklaceez0.png

Now head south, step onto the pier and jump down the whirl pool. Go down the stairs here and there should be a brutal dragon to greet you, with another two spawns just south. Be careful not to take the steps up towards mithril dragons.

maptobrutalgreensjy6.png

enteringdungeonfe9.png

Technique

First things first - AUTO RETALIATE OFF. For those skimming through this guide I'll add this picture to gain some attention, because it is extremely important that you turn it off.

autooffad7.png

Secondly, NEVER summon your familiar before entering the whirlpool, access will be DENIED

Once you enter the whirlpool you will appear on a very small platform. Here you should pot up before you proceed. BEFORE you use the stairs to go down, turn on mage prayer. Now simply hack away at the brutals, potting when needed. Because you are mage praying, you will not only be immune to their mage attack, but the combination of mage prayer and anti fire potion will give you 100% protection from dragon breath.

One rather important aspect is how to eat here. If you're in the middle of a fight and need to eat, take a step BACK and eat, with mage prayer active. The dragon will not follow you and it's melee attack will no longer hit you, so it cannot do any damage to you. The same concept holds for potions, demonstrated here:

safespotpt9.png

Profits

Charms

Don't go hunting these for charms, but by all means pick up the charms that you do get. They drop 2 charms per charm drop and drop charms relativly often. I often leave with a bonus 6-8 crimson charms every trip.

1 - Gold

2 - Gold

3 - Crimson

4 - Nothing

5 - Nothing

6 - Green

7 - Gold

------------------

8 - Green

9 - Green

10 - Gold

11 - Crimson

12 - Gold

13 - Nothing

14 - Gold

------------------

15 - Nothing

16 - Nothing

17 - Nothing

18 - Nothing

19 - Green

20 - Nothing

21 - Gold

------------------

22 - Gold

23 - Crimson

24 - Crimson

25 - Nothing

26 - Green

27 - Gold

28 - Green

------------------

29 - Green

30 - Green

31 - Gold

==================ONE HOUR==================

-------------------Rates--------------------

Charm drop percentage: 71.0%

---

Gold drop percentage (including nothing): 32.3%

Green drop percentage (including nothing): 29.0%

Crimson drop percentage (including nothing): 16.1%

---

Gold drop percentage (not including nothing): 41.7%

Green drop percentage (not including nothing): 37.5%

Crimson drop percentage (not including nothing): 20.8%

---

Gold charms per hour: 20

Green charms per hour: 18

Crimson charms per hour: 10

============================================

32 - Green

33 - Gold

34 - Nothing

35 - Nothing

Money.

Brutal green dragons drop rune items ALOT, I can't account for them properly here so I'll just make sure it's known. I've left with as much as 100k in rune armour, weaponry and runes on some of my luckier trips. They also drop many blood runes, you will always leave with 40-80 every trip. But it's the bones and hides we're after and that's what I'll count.

Time per trip : 15:12 or 912 seconds.

Time travelling(to AND from): 70 seconds.

Dragon hides per trip = 24

Dragon bones per trip = 12

Profit per trip (hide/bone only) = (12 * 2226) + (1729 * 24) = 68,208 gp per trip minimum

Profit per hour: 68208 * 3.9 = 269242gp or 269k per hour.

Note on above Calculation: I had to round the 3.9 trips/hr down. However when calculating this I did not use the rounded down version, thus the math may appear wrong.

You CAN fit more bones and hides in your inventory, but those spots are better used for their other loot, on average 24hides/12bones is how much I bring back with me.

FAQ

Q. I'm getting attacked by waterfiends and magic prayer isn't fully stopping them! This doesn't work!

A. Just run a few steps down and you'll be out of its "territory", itll stop attacking and a brutal won't waste a second to start attacking you.

Q. These are level 227's and you expect me to bring just 10 pieces of food?!

A. I'm 90 defence 99 attack, 94 strength at the time of testing. If your stats differ, obviously your inventory will differ aswell. HOWEVER, because these dragons have a mage attack, they spend half their time maging you, which HEAVILY reduces damage taken.

Q. What about whip?

A. I've tried whip, forget about it. All you're going to see is a bunch of 0's. These guys have a significant weakness to both CRUSH and RANGE attacks. You may try other weapons, such as a Saradomin sword, however the verac's armour ignore special is priceless against these lvl 227's. A godsword works well here, and the setup doesn't change much at all if you choose to use it, since you still need the prayer and defence bonuses of Veracs, don't bother with prossy armour.[/hide]

[hide=Black Dragons]RaBlDr

Black dragons

blackdragonro4.gif

Intro

HP: 190

Max hit: 21

Tip.It Drop list: Click me

Black dragons, once one of the least hunted dragons amongst Runescape now are hunted much more frequently. Before the hype (apparently peeking at the time of the release of visages. I wasnt around at that time to confirm this) they were amazing and still may just be. Their hides may have dropped slightly (with some huge drops on their hide's armour) and it may be troublesome to find an empty world at times but they are still great monsters whom provide minimal risk of killing you.

As a quick overview, these are amongst the strongest dragons in RuneScape and not to be fooled around with. Don't take risks and you will never die in this care free killing.

Despite more hp, defence and higher max than brutal dragons, black dragons come to par with brutal's level, I won't question why but in general remember that these are NOT less fancy versions of brutals, they are tougher. Like all standard dragons they drop one hide of their colour and one of their bones. Additionally they have several valuable drops such as draconic visages, lvl 3 clues, multiple rune weapons, armours and much more.

Requirements.

Required.

Lost city (Quest)

Completed RFD sub-quest Sir Amik Varze: Crème brulee supreme to gain access to evil chicken's lair.

Recommended

70+ Range

OR

90+ Attack, 80+ Strength, 60+ Prayer

Inventory & Equipment - Range method.

The following is what I advice you to bring, it's incredibly easy to kill these and accordingly you don't really need anything. If this is your first time killing dragons I advice bringing 1-3 monks incase you make a few mistakes.

rangesetupfr6.png

The following is replaceable

Weapon: Rune Xbow > Dragon halberd

Helm: Robin > God Coif > Archer

Amulet: Fury > Glory

Body & Legs: Black d hide > Karil

Shield: Zamorak book > DFS > Anti-dragon shield.

Cape: Accumulator > Anything

Shoes: Ranger > Snake

Gloves: Barrow Gloves > Black D. Vambs > Best RFD gloves.

Ring: Archer > Row > Rol

Raw Chicken: This item is required PER ENTRY of this dungeon. Luckily, just north of the lost city is a chicken farm, a single trip of raw chickens will last you a good while and if you want you can stock up loads of these quickly using a glory to tele to draynor to bank.

Range pot: Dirt cheap potions that speed up your killing. Amount of doses to be brought are dependant on your range level and weapon/ammunition used. 3-4 doses is what I find I nearly always use.

Location.

There is only one feasible place to kill these, it's in the evil chicken's lair, released with RuneScape's 100th quest, Recipe for a Disaster. To gain access to this area you must complete the Sir Amik Varze: Crème brulee supreme Sub-quest of RFD, which also requires you to start the legends quest.

zanirismaphn9.png

zanirismaphn9.41b8d13e49.jpg

Firstly, enter the lost city via swamp or fairy ring, using a dramen or lunar staff. Now bank and withdraw what you'll need. Now towards the area you enter the lost city via the swamp. Use your raw chicken on the evil chicken statue and run east towards the entrance at the mining area where you are completely safe.

safespotuz0.png

Technique.

I'll try keep this short. Once you're there range the black dragons at the spot shown above. However, there was a not-so-recent update on the graphics of these dragons which permits us to do something else other then clinch at the previous graphics of these dragons. Each dragon in this dungeon has its own unique look, be it the shade of black, its head, tail or unique [bleep]es they can be identified.

Once in your safe spot look for ONLY these two dragons, they will not run away from you.

gooddragon1zj5.png gooddragon2zy4.png

If you try to attack these next two dragons they will retreat, forcing you to run out after them. Once at that stage they will rip out apart with dragon fire. Leave these two to meleers, you won't benefit from them.

baddragon1vu3.png baddragon2bu8.png

I do not advise any other safe spot in this dungeon, they either leave you open to other dragons or give you a smaller amount of dragons to attack.

Hint - If you're getting hit when you run out to collect your hides then flick on your melee protect prayer (don't forget to equip your shield when running out and book when you get back!) just for the time it takes for you to pick up the bones, hides and whatever else they may drop that you wish to keep.

Heres a map of which dragons you should attack and where they spawn. Note that they can wander.

whichdragonstoattackyo4.png

Profits.

As always, I'll count how much money you will get per hour. The following is what I receive using range (level 87) and addy bolts.

Time taken to get to bank from lair and back to lair: 76 Secs.

Time taken to get a full inventory of bones, hides and drops (13 kills): 1339 secs.

Time per trip 1339 + 76 = 1415.

Trips per hour: 3600/1415 = 2.54

Profit per trip:

D bones = 13 * 2226 = 28,938

Black hides = 13 * 2988 = 38,844

Total = 67,782

Profit per hour: 67782 * 2.54 = 172166 or 172k per hour

172K GP per hour, still lower then both brutals and reds is still considerable. You must remember however that these dragons supposedly give you the best chance around for a visage. Though they were once so much better for the first few months after RFD, where I hunted several hundred dragons there, they are still a good dragon to hunt, should you have high hopes for a visage. Remember though, never get your hopes up too much for a visage.[/hide]

[hide=Black Dragons - Melee]MeBlDr

blackdragonro4.gif

Note: This section is due to be revamped with a better setup.

Not my personal favorite but there are pro's here that range lacks. Because you can attack all the dragons in this dungeon crowding hardly matters, because over 90% of hunters there, in my experience, are rangers.

Info

HP: 190

Max hit: 21

Setup.

These guys hit hard, they're the same level as brutals and must be prayed against for any consistency. Additionally, it is wise to use their large weakness against stab attacks to your advantage. You can use a whip if you really want, but in my experience a d long on stab mode works better. If you're on a slayer task a slayer helm (and dragon slayer gloves if you have them) with a whip is better then a weaker stab weapon. This is yet to be put into this guide.

meleesetupnl2.png

Head: Neitznot > Prosolyte > Initiate

Cape: Trimmed skill cape > Fire > God cloak

Body & Legs: Prosolyte > Initiate > Monk

Amulet: God stole > Fury > Glory

Weapon: Dragon long (STAB) > Whip > DDS

Shield: Dragon fire shield > Anti dragon shield

Boots: Dragon > Rune > White

Gloves: Best RFD gloves

Ring: RoW > RoL

The prayer potions used actually varies for me from trip to trip. Their defence is really high and you hit constant 0's a t times making for inconsistency. You may have to experiment with your own stats, mine are 72 prayer, 90 attack and 89 Strength.

Technique.

Similar to meleeing iron and steel dragons. Pot up and attack them preferably with stab mode while melee praying constantly. Remember you can attack any dragon not just the two mentioned before in the range method, so take advantage of this and you'll never have trouble with crowded worlds.

Profits.

I personally do not like this method, for the only thing that really stands out is the ease of getting a dragon to attack. The potions that you use stack up in price and you will often hit strings of 0's which make for some pretty inconsistency making it hard to get the amount of prayer potions you should bring right.

Time take to get from lair to bank and back: 76 Secs.

Time taken to get a full inventory of bones, hides and drops (14 kills): 2128

Total: 2204

Trips per hour: 3600/2204 = 1.63

Bones profit: 14 * 2226 = 31,164

Black hides: 14 * 2988 = 41,832

Total: 72,996

Profit per hour: 72,996 * 1.63 = 118,983 or 118k per hour

As you can see, this method is not very good and only considerable to those that hunt for a visage alone, which is highly unadvised. Please note that those calculations do not account for the potions you will use.[/hide]

Credits.

Tip. It, for almost all of the pictures, details and maps.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice guide! Thanks for sharing it :). I'll have to try it sometime!

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Nice guide, god info. But i DO have to share my experiance, as I used to melee/range red dragons, however I could never actually find a buyer of hides. I have over 300 stored in bank, and they are basically sitting there. I've crafted some )about 50) into red d hide sets using Assist, but I've only sold 3 pairs. Only things that you can get outts this realistically is dragon bones, which can be gotten easier by greens.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Nice guide, god info. But i DO have to share my experiance, as I used to melee/range red dragons, however I could never actually find a buyer of hides. I have over 300 stored in bank, and they are basically sitting there. I've crafted some )about 50) into red d hide sets using Assist, but I've only sold 3 pairs. Only things that you can get outts this realistically is dragon bones, which can be gotten easier by greens.

There may be a lack of sellers, but I've seen plenty of buyers on forums, maybe even world 2 would get them sold. Perhaps you were just unlucky on the say you tried to sell them?

slayermask3.png

Nice guide, I have never even though about killing them and I think a lot of players haven't (which is of course the goal of this guide). Doubt I'll ever try it, but you never know.

This one is highly dependant, it can change from the amount of attention you put in, how well you can block out wild dogs (It isn't that hard), your stats, you're armor and weapons etc

Typo :wink: .

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

This one is highly dependant, it can change from the amount of attention you put in, how well you can block out wild dogs (It isn't that hard), your stats, you're armor and weapons etc

Typo :wink: .

eep :P

slayermask3.png

Lol, go w 2 outside of bank, like 5 steps left of the pplz who buy/sells green dhides, there u can sell other hides easy...

Thats the FIRST place I looked, only D bones and GREEN D HIDE

Btw, the trick I used instead of food was to bing guthans and heal off the wild dogs. It saved alot of food, but I still brought tuna to heal when the red dragon hit, and obivousl couldn't take off my anti dragonfire sheild.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Nice guide! I have never though of killing Red Dragons, probably because I didn't know there were any not in the Wilderness. Too bad you can't get these as a slayer task, I would love to kill uncrowded Red Dragons instead of the crowded Blue Dragons.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Wouldn't torags plate and legs be the best for barrows?

It's a marginal difference, but yes they'd be better. At the time I only had guthans and didn't really see much point in spending an extra mil just for a highly similar armour :P

slayermask3.png

Throughout reading the whole guide I was under the impression that the red drags were in wildy... lol

Great guide m8, I can definatly see myself attempting this.

=D> =D> =D>

Apparently, my signature was to big.

would it no tbe better to bury the bones it will mean more money per trip and you can buy twice as many bones with the hides sold?

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

y_anima"]would it no tbe better to bury the bones it will mean more money per trip and you can buy twice as many bones with the hides sold?

It would be hard to fit in that many red dragon kills consistantly, they can hit hard and most of the time with monks i end up dropping 1-5 or praying for a similar ammount worth of monks. It may be a decent idea if you're ranging them, but there would be too many three quater full invents for me :P

slayermask3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the process of killing green dragons lately (I'm just a big dragon fan), but I just don't care for the wilderness factors that much. Blue dragons are camped out like a mofo, and black dragons are just very cost inefficient.

So with all of those options not being that great - I think I'm going to give this a try. The ONLY factor for me not wanting to do it would be the wild dogs, but if it's as easy to make them obsolete as you say, then it'll actually be pretty worth it. I'm going to give it a try pretty soon and if you're interested, I can give some feedback on my experiences.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

• 2 weeks later...
doesn't seem that worth it.

imo, if you're going to kill reds, just grow a pair, go a few rooms over,

and kill irons,... dragon bones, better drops, ect ect.

I kill both metals and reds frequently, but metals are not a constant profit. If you melle metals their average drops only compensate for the anti's and pray pots and you have to get a dragon drop to really profit there. Having said that, I've killed well over 500 of each iron and steel (including when I melle, range and mage) and have NEVER gotten a dragon drop. Extremely unlucky? Perhaps. But I need a more constant profit then that, combine that with my hate of having to train in crowds and red dragons are my perfect solution. In any case, it isn't very efficient to pick up bones from metals, space is hard to find down there, not only that but instead of hides they drop iron an steel bars, yay?

Reds aren't for everyone and thus I'm considering making this into a guide for killing all dragons (non metal, there are already many high quality metal dragon killing guides out there) which would include green, blue, red and black (Though you pretty much have to range blacks without prayer). Don't expect this any time soon, it'll be a good load of work for me seeing as green dragons aren't what I usually kill and I'll possibly have to develop a completely different inventory now with revs.

Edit: Just fixed up alot of typos in the guide.

slayermask3.png