A Draconic Guide V1.4

Lets_3ekout

Just wondering, for ranging black dragons, wouldn't Range Void set be more useful than Black Dragonhide? You'd be getting the 15% bonus, and, IMO, that would speed up the trips a bit. I mean, the setup you use is to maximize range bonus, but wouldn't getting more potential damage outshadow the accuracy?

Either way, 10/10 for an excellent guide.

It's something to look into, I have limited experience with void since I only got it a week or two ago (haven't used it since, either :lol: ).

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/10 good guide, but i've found something easier for red dragons, switch ur poh portal 2 brimhaven and it's that much faster 2 get to, and u have an altar in ur house, and u can have ur servant bank stuff for u

2h87rk8.jpg

Drops:2x Dragon Chain, 8x Dragon Platelegs, 3x Dragon Plateskirts

Recently Demoted to F2P, now getting 99 attack via giant spiders

Will there ever be a blue dragon section?

Yes. I'm really sorry for the time it's taking but I've been both busy and distracted. I've finished up on maxed melees so I'll try to get back to this guide as fast I can!

slayermask3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel you should rewrite your black dragon section. The method you use to kill them make them seem a lot worse than they really are.

A d long is slower, and doesn't give you any more accuracy over a whip. The dds is also a poor choice for a spec weapon because of its inaccuracy. A mace, while not much more accurate, can pack a punch of 50+, and the d long's spec allows for fairly consistent damage. You can also flash piety on and off to conserve a bit of prayer while getting the benefit of the prayer. The dragons are also a LOT easier to kill with maxed melee, which isn't far off what you have. You also forget to mention the dragons drop 30 adamant javelins very often, which can be sold for around 100-115 ea at the void outpost.

If you factor in all that you can easily double the profit you show in your guide for someone of your level. You might even triple that, if you're maxed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What is the best barrows set for killing green drags?

Whichever melee barrows armour you have works fine. Don't use a full set since all barrow sets are two handed (and you need an anti shield).

As for the other posts: I don't plan on guides for metal dragons (GP/hr and XP/hr both suck there :? ), I'm planning on a blue dragon guide but senior studies hardly give me enough time to even log onto RuneScape. I do plan on re-doing the black dragon section sometime, after blues.

slayermask3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Using broad bolts instead of addy bolts ranging black dragons is a lot cheaper without a loss in power. The only con is you need 55 Slayer, but that's an easy enough level to get.

Other than that though, very good guide ::'

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the red dragon part:

Karamja Gloves 3 allow you to bank very fast in Shillo.You can use a cart to get to Brimhaven.There is an axe inside the pub, that you can use to get to the dragons then drop it.With the gloves(3), there is no entrance fee in the dungeon.You just have to wear them.

Really love the meleeing brutals section, but I have problem I don't seem to have enough food to fill up my war tort should I just stick to t bird instead?

Yep, T bird is fine. Banking is really fast if you use a games necklace, so you hardly lose out on any gp/hr :)

slayermask3.png

• 2 weeks later...

i descovered something on my dragon testing similar to this one.

1. for the brutal greens.

they are actually weaker to stab not crush, and also ranged. i tested a zammy spear and it hits incredibly often on them moreso then my whip even with a defender. so with your verac method make sure that the flail is set to [bleep]E.

also the verac method works on black dragon too.

2. for the black dragon.

i highly recommend the fury over the stole...the +10 attack and 8 to strength is too much to give up for a small extra +5 prayer bonus.

also i found another melee method. it involves tanking the drag and only if you have a dfs fully charged.

setup:

full verac, no flail

fury

skillcape(T)

dragon boots

barrow gloves

ONYX OR DRAGON RING (I)...from mobilising army, these extra attack and def bonus helps alot

d long- the overall best 1-handed stab weapon.

dfs fully charged

with this setup is similar to the proseyte method. however you replace half the prayer pots needed with monks. also you will bring a full super set with super def pot.inv: super set (4), 1 antifire pot (4), 2 prayer pots (4), holy wrench. rest is monkfish and a teletab.

with this method i you will use piety and item pro instead of protect from melee. this method is cheaper then the prossy way because piety speeds up kills and the 350+ defence from the gear along with super def pot+piety makes the drag hit very inaccurate.

note: melee pro method needs around 4-5 prayer pots...this method only needs 2 and a holy wrench...every since the bounty hunter update p pots cost a whopping 10k+ cash!. using my method you save 2-3 pots and thats 30k!...now a inventory of monk of around 20 or so is MUCH CHEAPER then those pots. plus more effective because of piety

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

really nice guide :D good work

~Cracky

Hmmm, alrite then. Not sure I rly care, but that's ok. No flaming here, I'll make sure I'm rly active on these forums...

I like this guide, especially meleeing brutal green dragons, was something new to me. Tried it out with pack yak and ended up with this kind of inventory:

090827201607.png

And cost of that supply:

090827201621.png

Important: I was using piety all the time. Well worth it, although didn't try without (okay, I will try later to give you info of it :P)

I used tunas simply because taking damage was so random. On some trips I use them all, on other trips have to drop all. And i can't stand dropping better food than those.

I wasn't getting full yak+inventory of loot all the time, just 12-14 kills per trip. It was a bit up to luck on sgs specs and on how quick kills i was getting. To make sure you get full loot just take 1 more prayer pot and change 2 dose antifire pot for 3 dose one.

(feel free to use this on your guide if you want)

Count this as bump :)

Tried out SGS method too, was wearing berserker ring (i) and neitiznot helm with veracs brassard and skirt. It was superior to using full veracs. Just make sure to use SLASH attack. I used exactly same inventory as above and was always able to get full load of loot before running out of antifire protection or prayer.

Just make sure you have good connection when meleeing them.. I disconnected once when doing it. Logged back on, saw 3 red splash on me and found myself in fally before having time to put mage prayer on. Lost nothing but repair costs of veracs :/