A Draconic Guide V1.4

Lets_3ekout

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i descovered something on my dragon testing similar to this one.

1. for the brutal greens.

they are actually weaker to stab not crush, and also ranged. i tested a zammy spear and it hits incredibly often on them moreso then my whip even with a defender. so with your verac method make sure that the flail is set to [bleep]E.

also the verac method works on black dragon too.

2. for the black dragon.

i highly recommend the fury over the stole...the +10 attack and 8 to strength is too much to give up for a small extra +5 prayer bonus.

also i found another melee method. it involves tanking the drag and only if you have a dfs fully charged.

setup:

full verac, no flail

fury

skillcape(T)

dragon boots

barrow gloves

ONYX OR DRAGON RING (I)...from mobilising army, these extra attack and def bonus helps alot

d long- the overall best 1-handed stab weapon.

dfs fully charged

with this setup is similar to the proseyte method. however you replace half the prayer pots needed with monks. also you will bring a full super set with super def pot.inv: super set (4), 1 antifire pot (4), 2 prayer pots (4), holy wrench. rest is monkfish and a teletab.

with this method i you will use piety and item pro instead of protect from melee. this method is cheaper then the prossy way because piety speeds up kills and the 350+ defence from the gear along with super def pot+piety makes the drag hit very inaccurate.

note: melee pro method needs around 4-5 prayer pots...this method only needs 2 and a holy wrench...every since the bounty hunter update p pots cost a whopping 10k+ cash!. using my method you save 2-3 pots and thats 30k!...now a inventory of monk of around 20 or so is MUCH CHEAPER then those pots. plus more effective because of piety

D long is not the best stab weapon, the leaf-bladed sword is but it doesn't have a special attack :x

untitledtelle-2.jpg

Hey there I was wanting a black dragon egg. so i dont care aobut profit. i was wanting to know what gets more kills per hour? your range or mele method? i am maxed all lvls

From what I have in the guide, range is faster. However as people have mentioned, my melee section for black dragons is pretty heavily outdated. I believe melee is faster if you use whip/leaf bladed sword. I've found whip to be pretty accurate now that I've maxed my melee and piety. Not sure how no piety works, but I'd probably go with the lead bladed sword without it. Range is alot more easy killing though, since you don't have to worry about hp/prayer.

Thanks to everyone for contributing but I can't even find time to properly reply to each of you. I'm going through some tough times right now, our family lost our house to debt and we've had two cars completely written off since we managed to crash those, all in two weeks, while I have to keep up studying several hours a day for senior school. Just thought I'd share since I feel bad for not changing anything in this guide for quite awhile.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

This guide is just awesome, so I decided to make a banner for it:

[hide=]draconinguide.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=716694][img=http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8198/draconinguide.gif][/url]

[/hide]

Everything of that banner is made by me (I made the font with ms-paint, lol). Well, the pictures (hides, bones,... are from the RuneScape grand exchange database) :)

Feel free to use it, on the front page, but please credit me.

bannerzi.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

For a bit of input here:

I'm lvl 79 wearing rune plate, dragon legs, d boots, dragon long, antidragonfire shield, obby cape, amulet of glory, ring of wealth and Klank's Gauntlets from Underground pass quest.

Trip to green drags.

Ate 4 sharks. (I went with 4)

14 dragon bones, 14 hides.

dragon bones at 5.4k each, hides at 1.9k each.

so I got 103k for it.

lasted about 25 minutes so you can effectively get about 206k/hour

I contend we are both athiests. I just believe in one less god then you do. When you realize why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

- Stephen F. Roberts

For a bit of input here:

I'm lvl 79 wearing rune plate, dragon legs, d boots, dragon long, antidragonfire shield, obby cape, amulet of glory, ring of wealth and Klank's Gauntlets from Underground pass quest.

Trip to green drags.

Ate 4 sharks. (I went with 4)

14 dragon bones, 14 hides.

dragon bones at 5.4k each, hides at 1.9k each.

so I got 103k for it.

lasted about 25 minutes so you can effectively get about 206k/hour

I contend we are both athiests. I just believe in one less god then you do. When you realize why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

- Stephen F. Roberts