A Draconic Guide V1.4

Lets_3ekout

thanks a LOT I didn't know brutal greens dropped 2 hides, and were so easy to kill.

I fell in love with killing them after 1 trip. gonna try reds tomorrow.

thanks again,

yondergod22

oh yeah and would a hally work(for any of them)? or no b/c it doesn't have crush?

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah and would a hally work(for any of them)? or no b/c it doesn't have crush?

Hally works, but range will get you faster kills and you can rack up a better prayer bonus using god books aswell. If you're looking to melee them then your best choices are either Veracs or any godsword (saradomin preferably).

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

lol...another question: do you have a method for ranging red dragons?

and in your profits did you count the money spent on potions?

For the first question, I wouldn't bother without 127+ combat, wild dogs are a pain when you can't block them out with the dragon. The guide was made pre-summoning (thus, no 127+ combat) and the idea of ranging red dragons seemed to have left me, but it's easily done. In the middle of the room is a large pile of rocks where you can easily safe spot from.

As for the second question, no. I use a super set on everything so it doesnt matter if I don't account for them (when comparing to other dragons at least), the only other pots I use are anti's when meleeing black dragons, which should only ever be done on tasks, and prayer pots at brutals/black dragon meleeing. The prayer pot usage is minimal (at brutals I believe it's ~3 prayer pots per hour) but I will try keep that in mind the next time I get around to updating the guide.

slayermask3.png

• 3 weeks later...

lol I have 2 more questions (this awesome guide needs a bump anyways :D )

Do you need to do a quest to enter the chaos tunnels?

And would ranging the green dragons work? Maybe with a little more food because d'hide doesn't have the greatest defense.

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

And would ranging the green dragons work? Maybe with a little more food because d'hide doesn't have the greatest defense.

No quest needed for hunting greens in chaos tunnels, though there is a miniquest in chaos tunnels which is a nice one to do if you like summoning: http://tip.it/runescape/?page=Hunt_For_Surok.htm

You can range green dragons, I'm not sure if chaos tunnels is the best place for it but you could safe spot the greens on the edges there. Bring extra food anyway though because I have a feeling the baby black dragons wont get blocked with the green.

Haven't been able to work on the guide much due to end of year exams :|

slayermask3.png

No quest needed for hunting greens in chaos tunnels, though there is a miniquest in chaos tunnels which is a nice one to do if you like summoning: http://tip.it/runescape/?page=Hunt_For_Surok.htm

You can range green dragons, I'm not sure if chaos tunnels is the best place for it but you could safe spot the greens on the edges there. Bring extra food anyway though because I have a feeling the baby black dragons wont get blocked with the green.

Haven't been able to work on the guide much due to end of year exams :|

ok thx a lot =]

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

• 3 weeks later...

Great guide but brutal green drags don't drop draconic visages (tip.it says at least) but if you've gotten them from them then its your chance to fix

but anyways congratz on your guide good job

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

Great guide but brutal green drags don't drop draconic visages (tip.it says at least) but if you've gotten them from them then its your chance to fix

but anyways congratz on your guide good job

I know, out of the guides I have only black dragons drop visages. I didn't mean "A Draconic Guide" to have people thinking a visage hunting guide, suppose I didn't think it out too well :lol: . I chose draconic because the word means something related to dragons, also it's a bit of an unintentional pun now that I look at it ;) .

slayermask3.png

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

If I decide on KBD it'll be after blues and possibly some more green locations 8-) Working on maxing melee atm so I don't constantly have to go back and re-do everything after a new guide, 6 defence levels to go ;) I'm not doing range though, can't be bothered with that skill :P

slayermask3.png

Love your guide, but you really must add Blue Dragons. Since I've tried Green Dragons in the Chaos Tunnel and found them to be crowded in nearly every world, I'm hoping some other dragon will be close to that profit (400k gp/h). If ranging Blue Dragons is close to that it'd be even better, because having maxed melees and 90 range isn't ideal. :oops:

Sir_Ddude.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guide is amazing :thumbsup:

do you have private chat on?

Thanks, but nah I like to keep my priv chat on friends/off since I'm usually power training my melee stats (and I get distracted too easily). The plan was to max melee stats (4 def levels to go) and then count everything one last time. Since I can't raise my stats in between tests I could be 100% sure they are all fair tests.

Anyway, I think I caught the slayer fever lately so it's slowed my training down abit :lol:

Congrats on the visage Peruvian

slayermask3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a few changes, added a HP/Lvl/Max hit/Drop list for each dragon and swapped the order the dragon guides are in to be lowest level --> highest level. If they're the same level or same dragon with different technique they're in order of easiest-->hardest.

I still have some things to do before I do blue dragons, I feel it'd be pretty much invalid to do if I didn't get 70 agil (from these last few days of agil training, I can say I now respect agility cape by far and away the most in all of Runescape :shock: ). Once that's done, I just need to fix up my computer; I believe I need a new power supply or my GPU is overheating. The latter is more likely since I'm in Australia and we're having the largest heatwave we've seen in 130+ years. Or so the media says. 50 degrees celcius is murder.

Hopefully once I'm done I'll be able to test enclave vs tav dungeon, 70 agil vs <70 agil and usual crowds (has crowding? Been 2+ years since I checked, lol) vs empty world.

slayermask3.png

Good job ^^ You must have spent alot of time on this guide! Well, thanks for enlightening me on where the chaos tunnels are (I've been wondering lol), and meh, this is gonna get me distracted from Theiving again :P

Just wondering, for ranging black dragons, wouldn't Range Void set be more useful than Black Dragonhide? You'd be getting the 15% bonus, and, IMO, that would speed up the trips a bit. I mean, the setup you use is to maximize range bonus, but wouldn't getting more potential damage outshadow the accuracy?

Either way, 10/10 for an excellent guide.

*Insert witty remark here*