A Draconic Guide V1.4

Lets_3ekout

Wow... very impressive. :thumbsup:

Considering the amount of great information I've seen I can't wait for more dragons to come up (I'm some what of an active dragon slayer myself).

If you want, you could borrow my dragon drop logs from my blog, I record every single drop from my KBD hunts, black dragons, iron dragons, and steel dragons. It could give people an idea of what they would recieve after x amount of kills. I even have a picture of a visage drop if you need it. :wink:

A few details though on the guide. On some parts the information starts to get a tad boring, as if the sentences seem to be trailing on. This kind of boredom can cause people to skip over some paragraphs, searching for what they really need: short, to the point information. Try cutting out the important snippets and perhaps using a bit more bullets. Bullets seem to catch people's attention if they look short and important.

The pictures are great though, nothing wrong there. Nicely cropped, no unneeded pictures.

One last thing; perhaps include a quoted drop list for each dragon. That would help instead of going all the way to tip.it and looking it up in the bestiary. Even a link to the bestiary page would work.

Overall, awesome guide! <3:

PS: I haven't actually tried brutal greens but now your guide makes me want to do it. =P~

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the responce :)

If you want, you could borrow my dragon drop logs from my blog, I record every single drop from my KBD hunts, black dragons, iron dragons, and steel dragons. It could give people an idea of what they would recieve after x amount of kills. I even have a picture of a visage drop if you need it. :wink:

I really appreciate the offer, but for the moment I'm not planning on a KBD or a metal dragon section. KBD never really caught on to me and there are multiple high quality metal dragon guides already. I'll keep it in consideration for when I start on the black dragon section.

A few details though on the guide. On some parts the information starts to get a tad boring, as if the sentences seem to be trailing on. This kind of boredom can cause people to skip over some paragraphs, searching for what they really need: short, to the point information. Try cutting out the important snippets and perhaps using a bit more bullets. Bullets seem to catch people's attention if they look short and important.

I tried to avoid that, but these are the first guides (or anything near a guide) I've written, so I probably did go on a bit too much. I'll try cut it down to keep it short and sweet, first some time to relax though after writing up the brutal guide in a day :P

Thanks for the reply :XD:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

thanks for the great guide :)

i have started going to brutal greens now.

need to collect 1.8k bones haha.

that should leave me with 3.6k hides :)

thats a nice bit of crafting xp :)

then i will alch them for the cash :P or sell to f2p i think that makes me more?

but thanks again :)

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

A few notes from my own trials.

I'm a 126 wearing guth plate, guth skirt, guth helm, dragonfire shield, fury, drag boots, barrow gloves, whip, fire cape, ring of wealth. I get +380 slash defense with that.

Well, Here are the best and worst results of a few trips I did. My inventory was composed of: laws, waters, rune axe, anti fire, super attk, super str, 905 gp to start out with. I dropped all but the runes and axe before I left.

Best trip:

8:51:30 start at ardy

9:05:30 stop at ardy

ate 4 lobsters

used 2 doses of antifire potions

used 1 dose of super pots

12 bones, 13 hides, 8 rune arrows, 3 chocolate cakes

That comes out to about 300k/hour. (bones 2,300 each and hides 3,500 each)

Worst trip:

trip 2:

9:14:30 start at ardy

9:30:00 end

ate 10 lobsters

used 2 doses of antifire

used 1 dose of super pots

12 bones, 13 hides, no other good loot

257k/hour

Also, the max I was hit for was 14 damage.

I'd also like to point out that blue dragons are about 400k gp per hour (using the agility shortcut and falador west fall shortcut) if NO ONE is there, for me. However, seeing as that place is almost always full to the brink, it's worse than red dragons (and less fun one might say).

If you can get one spawn to yourself in a world with about 1,000 people...then I get about 250k/hour at blue dragons tops.

I just thought I'd give some input. :)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I've shortened and corrected a few things so it doesn't get too boring when reading through the entire guide, thanks mario :)

Additionally, I've thrown in a few animated GIFs in there for the heck of it, replacing the old dragon attack pictures. Thanks to Da_Latios for his guide on how to.

I'd also like to point out that blue dragons are about 400k gp per hour (using the agility shortcut and falador west fall shortcut) if NO ONE is there, for me. However, seeing as that place is almost always full to the brink, it's worse than red dragons (and less fun one might say).

If you can get one spawn to yourself in a world with about 1,000 people...then I get about 250k/hour at blue dragons tops.

I just thought I'd give some input. :)

Thanks for the input, I was confused for like 5mins thinking you were talking about brutals :lol: Blue dragons are indeed extremely good if you're alone, but then again I can't recall the last time I saw the place without seeing another 3-5 people there. Unfortunately I can't use the agil shortcut (as I'd imagine majority wouldn't) so I'd rather be in the enclave, which could very much so be even slower (though probably not slower if you can't use the shortcut. I'll have to look into that when I get around to blue dragons).

slayermask3.png

good guide, but wouldn't xbow be better than rune crossbow?

just a suggestion....

You can definetly use a Karil xbow as a replacement but the amunition is too expensive here (due to it always breaking when shot), you should use good weapon but nothing that is going to negate a large amount of profits you make. As a rough estimate I'd say you might require 200-400 bolt racks per trip which is pretty expensive when compared to the 50-75 addy bolts.

Next guide is in the making :)

slayermask3.png

V1.2 released, now including black dragons. Additionally I added a profit graph so people can choose which dragon they want to try out without having to read through everything.

It's dawning on me that I should have made another post incase I hit the word limit because I'm currently over 42k words :ohnoes:

Enjoy, the last time I trained there was a few months after RFD and I'm AMAZED at the crowds this place has attracted. A Tip.Iter I saw there told me it happened mainly at the realease of visages which I see as believable. Still a nice place to train though, I remember it's where I got my crystal bow bows recharge from 900k to 180k without spending a terribly large amount if anything.

slayermask3.png

Great guide! :thumbsup:

However, I like the brutals and Reds better. Mostly because theres nothing new in the black dragon guide that I didn't already know.

That's the problem, I'm having trouble finding something new for the rest of the dragons. I'm still making them because you can compare them and choose which is the best for you. Blue dragons are hunted everywhere and I don't know what's happening with green dragons now, with some spots removed for them I've seen them heavily crowded and don't know what spots still exist and which are crowded or not.

slayermask3.png

Great guide! :thumbsup:

However, I like the brutals and Reds better. Mostly because theres nothing new in the black dragon guide that I didn't already know.

That's the problem, I'm having trouble finding something new for the rest of the dragons. I'm still making them because you can compare them and choose which is the best for you. Blue dragons are hunted everywhere and I don't know what's happening with green dragons now, with some spots removed for them I've seen them heavily crowded and don't know what spots still exist and which are crowded or not.

You might want to try Mith dragons?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

v nice guide! however, i have a question. im lvl 111, with 72 pray, and with pure sup sets, i can kill a full oad of blues usign no p pots in my best prayer gear, in ogre enclave. do u think you could run a test to compare profit of this method to other dragons?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

With the release of summoning I figure it would make sense to list how well each dragon drops the new "charms", the most tedious item to retrieve for training summoning. Currently I've made a list for brutal green dragons, they seem pretty good for me. They drop 2 charms per charm drop and have a frequent rate of dropping charms. I'll soon add this to the guide, I'm too tired to dig through all of it right now :)

1 - Gold

2 - Gold

3 - Crimson

4 - Nothing

5 - Nothing

6 - Green

7 - Gold

------------------

8 - Green

9 - Green

10 - Gold

11 - Crimson

12 - Gold

13 - Nothing

14 - Gold

------------------

15 - Nothing

16 - Nothing

17 - Nothing

18 - Nothing

19 - Green

20 - Nothing

21 - Gold

------------------

22 - Gold

23 - Crimson

24 - Crimson

25 - Nothing

26 - Green

27 - Gold

28 - Green

------------------

29 - Green

30 - Green

31 - Gold

==================ONE HOUR==================

-------------------Rates--------------------

Charm drop percentage: 71.0%

---

Gold drop percentage (including nothing): 32.3%

Green drop percentage (including nothing): 29.0%

Crimson drop percentage (including nothing): 16.1%

---

Gold drop percentage (not including nothing): 41.7%

Green drop percentage (not including nothing): 37.5%

Crimson drop percentage (not including nothing): 20.8%

---

Gold charms per hour: 20

Green charms per hour: 18

Crimson charms per hour: 10

============================================

32 - Green

33 - Gold

34 - Nothing

35 - Nothing

v nice guide! however, i have a question. im lvl 111, with 72 pray, and with pure sup sets, i can kill a full oad of blues usign no p pots in my best prayer gear, in ogre enclave. do u think you could run a test to compare profit of this method to other dragons?

We're exactly the same combat and exactly the same prayer level, so if you wanted your question answered earlier your findings would probably be just as accurate as mine would be when compared to other dragons :)

Blue dragons will probably be my next one, I'm interested as to how much it will vary from crowds. Maybe I'll record two times where I only get one spawn and another for when I get two spawns all for myself. :-k

You might want to try Mith dragons?

I'm not much for making metal dragon guides, there are so many great guides for them out there now I don't know how I would ever be able to expand on them. I do reguarly fight them so perhaps I'll try a guide after I'm done with my goal of having all leather dragons.

slayermask3.png

• 7 months later...

Nice to see someone trying them out :P I haven't made changes in the guide for summoning because I stopped playing Runescape for awhile (came back 'bout 2 weeks ago). I'll look into new setups using summoning. Grats on the red dragon egg, I guess their pretty rare? ;)

slayermask3.png

8/10

Very nice guide

but in the black dragons part..

I found

''The following is replaceable

Weapon: Rune Xbow > Dragon halberd

Helm: Robin > Archer <---would it be Robin>God Coif?(i know they have pretty good range attack)

Amulet: Fury > Glory

Body & Legs: Black d hide > Karil (Armadyl is better then black hide i think)

Shield: Zamorak book > DFS > Anti-dragon shield.

Cape: Accumulator > Anything

Shoes: Ranger > Snake

Gloves: Best RFD you got Barrows gloves give best range attack then black vamps.. so i think it should be B Gloves>Black Vambs>best Rfd

Ring: Archer > Row > Rol

Nice guide i felt like posting something that might help you