A Draconic Guide V1.4

Lets_3ekout

8/10

Very nice guide

but in the black dragons part..

I found

''The following is replaceable

Weapon: Rune Xbow > Dragon halberd

Helm: Robin > Archer <---would it be Robin>God Coif?(i know they have pretty good range attack)

Amulet: Fury > Glory

Body & Legs: Black d hide > Karil (Armadyl is better then black hide i think)

Shield: Zamorak book > DFS > Anti-dragon shield.

Cape: Accumulator > Anything

Shoes: Ranger > Snake

Gloves: Best RFD you got Barrows gloves give best range attack then black vamps.. so i think it should be B Gloves>Black Vambs>best Rfd

Ring: Archer > Row > Rol

Nice guide i felt like posting something that might help you

Yeah I forgot about those. I'll fix it up, thanks :P I'll look into the gloves, I have barrows so I never really bothered to check if rune/dragon gloves are better then vambs.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide! I never really thought of trying to kill Red Dragons but it looks like it would be worth me giving it a go!

Have you considered implementing summoning though...? Bunyips could reduce the need for as much food, or terrorbirds and other BoBs could let you carry more hides back with you and more food with you. There's a summoning obelisk right near the red dragons (in the gap between black demons and iron/steel dragons) so summoning could be used very easily.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Have you considered implementing summoning though...? Bunyips could reduce the need for as much food, or terrorbirds and other BoBs could let you carry more hides back with you and more food with you. There's a summoning obelisk right near the red dragons (in the gap between black demons and iron/steel dragons) so summoning could be used very easily.

Yeah that's got my attention, I only recently came back to RS and have been working to get my summoning to a standard level (67 atm). Once I get bunyip I'll try out some BoB's and bunyip, to see which is more useful. Gotta say though, I'm extremely jealous of anyone who can use pack yaks =P~

slayermask3.png

Lol weird guide i mean draconic visage cant be dropped by red dragons whats with that? And if you were really hunting for visage, make a metal dragons guide

The guide is nothing to do with visages, they just serve as a bonus if you want to hunt black dragons. Draconic isn't a word Jagex made up, it means something related to dragons, which this guide is ("Dragony" isn't a word :P ). I'm not planning on making a metal dragon guide either, there are already so many good ones out there I'd just be wasting my effort. :D

slayermask3.png

I tried out brutal greens and all I can say is: OMG

These things are insane cash (with my range level). I'm so glad I found this guide and I'm so glad you made this :D thank you so much!

Also i'm using your method but with karils instead of black d hide. Might also try with void, as I can get an extra 6 or 7 damage with it :P also maybe a t bird

wl7w9j.png

When hunting for red dragons it is helpful if you move your house in Brimhaven - saves time.

How? You still have to bank at Ardy and a tele from ardy bank to your house is pretty lazy (though I'm pretty lazy with my teleports :D ), doesn't really save that much time.

It seems like the best summon to take to any location is a terrorbird (or a yak if you can use it), I looked at war tortoises, they're really expensive :shock: . I'll edit my pictures and some info soon.

slayermask3.png

Seriously THE best guide i have ever read, The formatting, the information, the pictures!

=D> A well deserved 10/10 =D>

faiyaz101.png

Unfairly Banned-Appeal In Process, Its been slow due to the sheer number of them

Thanks for the replies :P

I've finally gotten around to improving the pictures in the red dragon section. Along with it I've added a summon to the inventory and recommended a different spot in the red dragon room. It turns out that wild dogs will nearly never bother you in the north eastern section of the dungeon! I was a bit lazy so you might notice some crappy edditing in the brim dungeon picture :D

I'm adding a charm section in a second, and then I'll start re-timing the trip with a BoB. Red dragons dont seem to be great for charms, they have an awesome drop rate (1 per drop) but far too many green charms, you'd expect that they'd drop red charms more with their colour theme and level :P

Edit: Added Charms and new gp/hr for red drags. New gp per hr is around 270k which is much better. I won't update the profit graph untill I've updated all guides with my new stats (got around 5 levels in each stat since I started red dragons) and summoning pouches.

slayermask3.png

Nice guide, god info. But i DO have to share my experiance, as I used to melee/range red dragons, however I could never actually find a buyer of hides. I have over 300 stored in bank, and they are basically sitting there. I've crafted some )about 50) into red d hide sets using Assist, but I've only sold 3 pairs. Only things that you can get outts this realistically is dragon bones, which can be gotten easier by greens.

There may be a lack of sellers, but I've seen plenty of buyers on forums, maybe even world 2 would get them sold. Perhaps you were just unlucky on the say you tried to sell them?

Just talk to people. They'll buy them, but often don't have offers as there aren't many sales.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Very good guide, 9/10 :thumbsup:

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

Nice guide! I have never though of killing Red Dragons, probably because I didn't know there were any not in the Wilderness. Too bad you can't get these as a slayer task, I would love to kill uncrowded Red Dragons instead of the crowded Blue Dragons.

You can get them as a slayer task, from Sumona <3:<3:

lurifax.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed some minor typos in your Black Dragons - Meleeing section. You misspelled the word "melee", instead entering "melle" a few times. Minor I know, but its the little things in life that matter. Also, I disagree with your recommended equipment for the same section.

In my opinion, a God mitre should be preferred over a Helm of neitiznot because a mitre has +5 prayer, whereas the Helm has +3 prayer and +3 strength. When you're praying constantly, an extra 2 prayer helps more than +3 strength, at least in my experience. Also, I've discovered an even better weapon for meleeing Black dragons with; The Leaf-bladed sword has +67 stab and has whip speed, but a Dragon longsword has +58 stab and, well, longsword speed lol. Not to mention the Leaf-bladed sword can train any combat skill, instead of being forced to train controlled with the Dragon longsword.

Furthermore, a skillcape (t) should be preferred over a God cloak because the skillcape (t) has +4 prayer and the cloak has +3.

Other than these things, your guide is great. I hope to try out your Red dragons section and will experiment with Brutal green dragons when I have 90 range.

9/10 :thumbsup:

Sir_Ddude.gif

I have noticed some minor typos in your Black Dragons - Meleeing section. You misspelled the word "melee", instead entering "melle" a few times. Minor I know, but its the little things in life that matter. Also, I disagree with your recommended equipment for the same section.

In my opinion, a God mitre should be preferred over a Helm of neitiznot because a mitre has +5 prayer, whereas the Helm has +3 prayer and +3 strength. When you're praying constantly, an extra 2 prayer helps more than +3 strength, at least in my experience. Also, I've discovered an even better weapon for meleeing Black dragons with; The Leaf-bladed sword has +67 stab and has whip speed, but a Dragon longsword has +58 stab and, well, longsword speed lol. Not to mention the Leaf-bladed sword can train any combat skill, instead of being forced to train controlled with the Dragon longsword.

Furthermore, a skillcape (t) should be preferred over a God cloak because the skillcape (t) has +4 prayer and the cloak has +3.

Other than these things, your guide is great. I hope to try out your Red dragons section and will experiment with Brutal green dragons when I have 90 range.

9/10 :thumbsup:

This guide is very much so incomplete and I'm finding it increasingly hard to put aside time to finish it :? When I get around to it I'll keep the leaf sword in mind though I tried whip on a black dragon task and the combination of dragon slayer gloves and slayer helm wooped d long so much so that I don't see a need to use stab weapons.

Also, not everyone has a trimmed skillcape :lol: But if I forgot to put that in the recommend equipment I'll go fix it. Thanks for the comments ::'

slayermask3.png

Congratulations!

This guide has been deemed worthy of the AOW by the PMG moderating team.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Your gear for meleeing black dragons is really not... good, I guess. You're sacrificing attack and strength bonuses for higher prayer boosts, which is not a smart thing to do. A fury or a glory would boost profits meleeing black dragons by a lot, as you get a LOT faster kills. And I'll take a whip over anything else any day -- its just like iron and steel dragons, they're weak to stab but a whip is still better. This is in my experiences though.

You need to try out other gears for the profit per hour too. Prayer conservation isn't always the best thing to do, and a higher range attack you might get more profit per hour even if you are using more prayer per hour, due to the fact that you get more kills and faster kills.

I can't deny it though -- this is still a great guide. I don't need any of the methods in here -- already have my own for black dragons and I don't need to kill reds or greens ever. I'm a slayer nub :P. Though I did use this guide a long time ago a couple times as a pure just to check out the brutal green dragons :P But yeah, I'm sure this helps a lot of people out.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Thank you very much for the AoW :D I've started at green dragons now, I just have to time it and try alternative spots :)

Your gear for meleeing black dragons is really not... good, I guess. You're sacrificing attack and strength bonuses for higher prayer boosts, which is not a smart thing to do. A fury or a glory would boost profits meleeing black dragons by a lot, as you get a LOT faster kills. And I'll take a whip over anything else any day -- its just like iron and steel dragons, they're weak to stab but a whip is still better. This is in my experiences though.

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't enjoy meleeing them so I suppose I overlooked some alternatives. ::'

slayermask3.png

Yep, added greens. I'll probably add wilderness green dragon spots next - but these are for pures and accounts with low defence really, because of the single combat - the crowding reflects that. I'll work on updating old gp/hr's from pre-summoning as well. Edit: Brutal greens updated with summoning - they are +70k gp/hr from before.

As always, I'd appreciate it if you could point out any errors I missed. :)

Edit: Method to verac brutal green dragons out. Surprisingly enough red dragons and brutals (both methods) seem to come onto par with each other when summons are used.

slayermask3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I got a red dragon task from Summona and thansk to you I know how to kill these in an efficient way \' .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.