Buying more RAM

NorthernHero

I was thinking of buying more RAM to my computer but don't really know anyhting about buying ram, so since you guys here at tech forum know so much about computers I thought I'd ask here.

So,

1. How do youe xactly buy more RAM? Is it easy to instal?

2.Cost?

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

I bought mine online. 1GB cost me roughly AU$160

Easiest piece of hardware to install. Open your case, put the ram in the free slots.

You'd be best to not touch the gold stuff on it too much, too, but apart from that -^-> what he said ;)

Oh, and I would check the manual of your motherboard to see how much RAM it can handle, how many slots it has and how big one RAM stick can be. Checking if you actually have free slots is also a good idea :)

It depends on the age of your computer.... you might need PC ram or DDR ram, and if you buy the wrong stuff your kind of S O L... :wink:

Make sure you get the right stuff... and say you have DDR ram now, that runs at "slow speed", dont get something that runs at "fast speed" and waste your money because it, in return, will run at the same speed as the slow one

once you have that figued out, it is just a matter of turning your computer off, opening the case, grounding yourself, and sticking the stick in the slot :D

The rest is self explanitory from there

Ok, I have 256 Mt DDR RAM by default. So if I'd purchase https://www.teraset.net/product_details.php?p=213 this for instance, would it double my computer speed, is it that simple? Or is this even a thing that i'm looking for?

And how do I know if it's complitable whit my computer? For example, does the hardrive matter?

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Ok, I have 256 Mt DDR RAM by default. So if I'd purchase https://www.teraset.net/product_details.php?p=213 this for instance, would it double my computer speed, is it that simple? Or is this even a thing that i'm looking for?

And how do I know if it's complitable whit my computer? For example, does the hardrive matter?

Well it won't double the speed of your computer's "speed" but it will certainly help it err... process things fast if yo uwould like to put it that way.

See how it says "256 Mt DDR PC2700 muistikampa, Diamond"

What does your's specifically say, what PC 'speed' is it (like 2700) because say it is 2100, then both of your RAM will run at 2100, but if it is 3100, then they will only run at 2700 so there is no use wasting your money on something that is unneeded.

No, your harddrive or nothing like that matters, just as long as you know you have DDR right now it will work just fine.

You will probably want more then a 256 stick, I would suggest a 512 stick which runs around 70 dollars on http://www.newegg.com

:wink:

Ok, I thank you all. :) I hopefully will have alot faster computer in few days (512) :D .

Do you live in england? Ive got loads of RAM i want to sell.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thanks Mercifull but I already ordered and live in finland :) .

I already got the memory add on. But now i'm not sure if it's working or not. :? There wasn't any notification or anything and I don't know where I can see it. Help :P .

Haha nevermind that, I already got it working. Wow isn't slow anymore, thats how I know :wink: (It seems still to crash thought, well I quess you cant get antyhing.) . But, man, installing that thing was by no means easy, it was pain. Well but now im glad. :D