The method to Speed up Mozille Firefox- I know I've seen it

tetrisgod

Someone posted on TR boards I think it was the exact steps to speeding up Firefox and people were saying it doubled the speeds....

I just got it downloaded and am extremely discouraged due its slow moving.

...I have a 3.8 ghz processer ith 2 gig of ram and when I use Firefox the speeds are equal to my odl 1,8 ghz processor...

PLEASE POST THAT STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS.

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000803024910/

The instructions are pretty easy to follow. It's amazing how much extra speed you can get.

Its also amazing to see how quickly you get ip banned from some servers that think you are DDoSing them. :roll:

I do NOT reccomend you use this "tweak" and if you really must then certainly not to a number as high as 30. Id boot you from my server if you did this too often.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

its pathetic trying to make firefox go faster You can read a page that bloody fast anyway so why make it go faster than you can use? its like having a typewriter that can do 500wpm.

In addition the noobs who comeup with these tweaks dont think of the consequenses involved. (see Mercs post)

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

That's the downside to following the instructions to the T. I made my maxrequests something like 8 and the speedboost was incredible.

Also the other tip on the site wouldn't have any possible downside but it's great. Something I still think should be default in all browsers...

so should i set mine to 8 then? witht eh other tweaks that are on that site?

I am on dsl with a new, fast computer (amd atholon 2.2ghs) and firefox is very slow. My dsl is at 1.5-2 mps! and take for ever

Like merc said will i get ip banned from some sites (such as here, runescape, a few others) for chanrging those settings?

goldenblade995.png

The only thing I have noticed is that firefox sometimes takes a while to start up, and occasionally after I am done using it and closed it all out, firefox is still in my process list like 2 hours later, using like 30megs of RAM :(

Like merc said will i get ip banned from some sites (such as here, runescape, a few others) for chanrging those settings?

from the majority of site you could get away with 8 but it really depends on the administration of that site.

There are ways of auto banning IPs making to many requests

They can que your reqests meaning you still go one at a time

or even throttle your connection to the server

I personally wouldent risk it even if there was no way to detect it I still would not do it because im not an arrogant moron like the majority of internet users.

I wouldent want someone to do it to me so I wont do it to them, unfortunatly some people cant think beyond themselfs

Yes, I would boot(or que requests) someone from my server if they used to many requests (8 is tolorable depending on server load)

EDIT: I should probably point out that these days as webmasters are getting better and better controll of their server/website (webhosts are giveing better controll panels to their clients) more and more websites will adop thing such as auto bans as a way of protection.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I personally wouldent risk it even if there was no way to detect it I still would not do it because im not an arrogant moron like the majority of internet users.

I wouldent want someone to do it to me so I wont do it to them, unfortunatly some people cant think beyond themselfs.

Why does using http pipelining make you arrogant?

It doesn't use any extra bandwidth, it just compresses the time taken to use that bandwidth. It'll make a considerable difference on high latency connections (where the ping is extremely slow but the bandwidth is high.)

Mozilla.org[/url]":2n31yksn]Pipelining can also dramatically reduce the number of TCP/IP packets ... ... Reducing the number of packets required to load a page benefits the internet as a whole, as fewer packets naturally reduces the burden on IP routers and networks.

The only thing I have noticed is that firefox sometimes takes a while to start up, and occasionally after I am done using it and closed it all out, firefox is still in my process list like 2 hours later, using like 30megs of RAM :(

That's probably because either the WMP plugin or JAVA sucks. They tend to hang the process. Firefox developers are working on a workaround - but essentially it's a plugin problem, if I recall correctly.

Is there anything to this article? Is it true or just a hoax?

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2858

Clicked reply instead of new topic?

As for the article: The software is in beta, and this is clearly stated. Any software that's in beta is of course still in development, and is not perfect. I'm sure google did not intend to make users' private information avaliable to others.

Oh and they say everyone worships google? I don't think so. But I found thisinteresting though...

Is there anything to this article? Is it true or just a hoax?

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2858

Clicked reply instead of new topic?

As for the article: The software is in beta, and this is clearly stated. Any software that's in beta is of course still in development, and is not perfect. I'm sure google did not intend to make users' private information avaliable to others.

Oh and they say everyone worships google? I don't think so. But I found thisinteresting though...

I would also like to add that 99% of information, if not 100%, given at somethingawful.com is not to be taken seriously... the site is based on jokes and gags. It is supposed to be funny stuff :wink: