When did runescape came out?

Killlgore

I remember the good old days. I remember the black hole in which you could visit players that were sent there and you could buy disk of returning for 10 gps (i think) :shock: :x :roll: . It was so long ago. there was likw 50 people per the server. :P . so there wasnt much lag. I still remember when you created a character you could of chosen different classes such as, "Adventurer", "Wizard", "Miner" and i think that was it i cant see to remember. Adventurer normally got a hatchet, pot, tinderbox and something else. i cant rememer long time ago lol. Wizard got the hat, robe, and yeah. and the miner got the pickaxe of course. Back then when i was a noob (still am) I chose Adventurer because it gave more stuff :lol: . I remember selling iron daggers to the general store in lumby too. Ha when i started I was afraid to die because i would lose my stuff in bank which wasnt true lol. Later in the game i remember X-mas cracker (i still got mine since then :P ) and people selling lots of phats to the general store and i didnt buy any :oops: . I remember the "Old Diamond", and other stuff. good times i dont remember a lot.

:roll: ... :roll:

When I first started out, I remember some level 50 players wearing bronze armor and thus looking like noobs.

They asked for free stuff. :lol:

I started at Feb 2001 and AL Kharid was from the beginning and Dranor village also (imho)

I remember the good old days. I remember the black hole in which you could visit players that were sent there and you could buy disk of returning for 10 gps (i think) :shock: :x :roll: . It was so long ago. there was likw 50 people per the server. :P . so there wasnt much lag. I still remember when you created a character you could of chosen different classes such as, "Adventurer", "Wizard", "Miner" and i think that was it i cant see to remember. Adventurer normally got a hatchet, pot, tinderbox and something else. i cant rememer long time ago lol. Wizard got the hat, robe, and yeah. and the miner got the pickaxe of course. Back then when i was a noob (still am) I chose Adventurer because it gave more stuff :lol: . I remember selling iron daggers to the general store in lumby too. Ha when i started I was afraid to die because i would lose my stuff in bank which wasnt true lol. Later in the game i remember X-mas cracker (i still got mine since then :P ) and people selling lots of phats to the general store and i didnt buy any :oops: . I remember the "Old Diamond", and other stuff. good times i dont remember a lot.

:roll: ... :roll:

ROFL!!! HAHAH :D i laughed so hard i went to the toilet!

the OFFICAL STORY of how runescape came to be, andrew had a bet with one of his buddies on who make make the best flash game. and of course andrew with the help of his family won :) and made runescape.

I read somewhere that Runescape was actually made by a kid and there were only like 3 stats and then Jagex bought it from him and made it a lot better and added bunches of stuff...I dunno of its real information tough. Correct me if I'm wrong.

wich of these is true? :S..

and also.. do yoiu have any screenshots?

When you first created your account, you also had the choice of being a warrior, adventure, miner, ranger, hmm cant remember the other option. Which ever class you chose you would begin with a little advantage.. Like if you started as a warrior, you would begin with 5 strength.. If you were a miner you would begin with 7 mining (I'm not sure about that one). The community was actually nice and it was a lot more exciting and enjoyable than today's Runescape.

I started in March 2001 and I think I made my character a mage. I don't really remember much else except I went to the Scorpian pit and died, I was afraid of goblins and I got lost trying to get back to lumbrigde... :P It was great.

XXXX says I'm a noob. And then keeled me with his troop of lvl 100 CW buddies.

Yay for being a Dead Noob. XD

It was definitly came out in 2000. I started playing when you could choose to be pker or non pker and it happened everywhere. You could be attacked by anyone with in 5 lvls of you and you couldn't switch back, It was lane so i did non pker. Then they updated it where you could switch. Never remeber al kahid ever just comming out but do remeber fishing and rune comming out.

My orginal character is Ghaleon and he may ever be on the top boards still who knows.

Come to think of it I think it came out january of 2000.

I started at Feb 2001 and AL Kharid was from the beginning and Dranor village also (imho)

Wrong.

When you first created your account, you also had the choice of being a warrior, adventure, miner, ranger, hmm cant remember the other option.

Wrong. This wasn't an option at the very beginning.

When you first created your account, you also had the choice of being a warrior, adventure, miner, ranger, hmm cant remember the other option.

You sure? :? When I started, about a week after the release, you had to choose one of the following: Warrior, Adventurer, Ranger, Wizard, Necromancer.

Warrior started with 3 in all fighting stats and 12 hits. Also with a bronze long and wooden shield.

Adventurer with 2 in all fighting. Also some items like tinderbox, bronze axe, jug, pot.

Ranger with 6 range I think. Shortbow and 10 arrows.

Wizard with 7 good magic, a staff and a blue wizards hat.

Necromancer with 7 evil magic, a staff and a black wizards hat.

Miner was added later but started with 7 mining and a pickaxe.

Dominator.png

You sure? :? When I started, about a week after the release, you had to choose one of the following: Warrior, Adventurer, Ranger, Wizard, Necromancer.

Warrior started with 3 in all fighting stats and 12 hits. Also with a bronze long and wooden shield.

Adventurer with 2 in all fighting. Also some items like tinderbox, bronze axe, jug, pot.

Ah now this description is correct :) I was trying to point out not all of those options mentioned were available, but these were. Nice one!

wow thats when it came out? jeese.... i had played it when i was 11 which was end of june 2000, i didnt like it after about a month..... so just stopped playing, happen to still have my account from that.... but its only lvl 32 cus i dont use it . but wow, i stopped cus graphics... i wish i woulda stayed, i could be a lvl 100 :cry:

AHHH that is so irritating..... im mad.. :evil:

Wrong.

I didn't say it was. Maybe you shouldn't be so judgemental? It is rather annoying.

Ah now this description is correct :) I was trying to point out not all of those options mentioned were available, but these were. Nice one!

Oh noes I forgot that miner was added later in the game? It was 4 years ago you know. You don't have to be so arrogant about it.

Jan 2001, I know of MAYBE 3 people who could have possibly played it before then but that's even questionable. Al kharid was there, varrock was there, lumby, draynor and barbarian village. Edgeville was called ghost town dungeon. No item banks you could only bank GP bread was the best food.