My Bands 2 Night Gig

bsmovies

some info if you dont know:

im the bassist + backing vocals of a ska band here.

were getting a record deal next january february, and a deal with amazon (so buy our album :D)

were touring the uk with liquidators + fandangle march next year.

biggest gig yet, it went over a period of 2 nights.

we only let 1 band be support this time, because we made the entry fee cheap (only ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3) and anymore we wouldnt get alot of money. They were a local indy / mainstream rock band "mascareno". they did 5 or 6 songs until about 8pm. Then the main band (my band) came onto stage.

it was a pretty good intro, due to us using our own technicians, not ones already there. so they used their own lightboxes, mixers etc, so the lights were amazing (40+ different lights) and the sound was great.

We Opened with some covers of various bands (reel big fish, less than jake, etc) and played some classics such as walking on sunshine, hey mickey (yes, its hilarious to cover). Then we played 5 of our own songs, had a 15 minute intermission (which involved beer, cos drinking makes you cool kids), then we came on, and did another 5 songs.

The crowd were awsome, near the end, we thought we were sounding bad, due to our trombonist being slightly drunk, so some parts were sketchy, but the crowd were cheering and dancing etc.

the overall profit of the night was over ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3600 (600 people a night at ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3 entry). which was split between technicians / rodies, and the support band and us, so it was pretty good.

now for some pictures

Bsmovies himself:

98458677a6310049332l.jpg

Mikee, Rob, Me, George + Ash (behind george)

98458677a6310050058l.jpg

Me and George (my hair was over my face at the time, i was messing about, also, im not short, it looks that because of the angle, im like 4m behind george there)

[remove this notice after you have edited the last 2 pictures and repost then]

bsmovies.png

I really hate to burst your bubble, but irl pictures arn't allowed here :wall: :cry:

Although....since your hair is over your face in every picture...you might have found a loophole.

Gratz on your gig!

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

1.9 - Volunteering Personal Information

Tip.It is a G-rated (suitable for all ages) forum. For your privacy and security, asking for or volunteering certain personal contact information is not permitted. This consists of full name, city of residence, street address, telephone number(s) and password/account details. Photographs are permitted so long as they are not pictures of users, license plates, house numbers, or any of the contact information listed above. This applies to all forum posts, avatars and signatures. Posting any of the above information on private messages/forums is permissible at the user's risk.

I would say that most of the faces are blurry anyways, but be on the safe side and bloat out your own head and the rest should be fine. And when in doubt, ask a mod.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

And that is alot of ugliness. :XD:

Well gl on future gigs.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Well... The rule of thumb has usually been that bands, politicians, known people etc. can be (and are often posted) because those can be found easily by fans and interested people anyways...

It's quite hard to judge a thread like this, because it seems your band is becoming commercialized and well known, not just some 'school band'. So I just removed the last 2 pictures with easily recognisable faces... (You can't really recognize a face in the first two ones) If you block out your face/eyes you can repost them though. :)

I hope you understand, it's tip.it policy to protect especially the younger members here, that's why no recognisable real life pics should be included. Nothing personal against you or your band.

Moved to Music and Movies.

Congratulations on the gig :D I've only played a couple of small venues, the biggest being 200 people as a support act.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!