another horrible change to the GE: sarcasm comes to life

agamemnus

They are NOT limiting trades, they are limiting trades at GE. And considering that people haven't realized this until now simply shows how little of a barrier this is.

Besides, it's a perfectly reasonable limitation. If you were buying something with the intention of using it, why would you sell it again straight away? Unless you were trying to seek an easy profit using the GE. The only people who would do so are merchants, and I'm pretty sure merchants won't limit themselves to a mere 5% margin so it doesn't even get in their way either. Therefore the only effect is that it prevents people from abusing the GE.

Merchanters just get it harder and harder. What have we done wrong, Jagex?

Work around it, buy from GE and sell on forums. I hate it when people don't try and find solutions and then just rant because it's easier. STOP whining and be proactive.

Again, if you really were an effective merchant determined to take advantage of GE, why did you notice this 2 weeks AFTER the update took place? :roll:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Well that explains it! I've been buying green bodies for a week, then I get a sale for 100, then have to wait like 10 more minutes for another 100 <.< .

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Well that explains it! I've been buying green bodies for a week, then I get a sale for 100, then have to wait like 10 more minutes for another 100 <.< .

Half the point if Ge is, that you can go do something else while ur items are posted for trade.

So simply; go do something else, and the wait won't seem like anything .

I don't think it's consistent. I can recall being able to buy something and then resell it immediately after.

Same. I bought a Zammy stole. Then I realized that I needed 60 prayer, so I sold it like 30 seconds after I bought it.

Then no one would buy and the prices fell. #-o

Think of it like this: Your clan puts in 1 Bill GP to buy up 1 Mill Mage Logs. Now, that VERY likely took out the low sellers.

Now your clan turns around and puts up 1 Mill mage logs at 30 gp (average) above what you got them for. It may take time, but you're probably going to sell all of them and make a 30 Mill profit (in addition to driving up prices), since your clan is now in control of a very large stock.

With this resell time freeze, you must wait a set time to get other sellers a chance to fill that void that you created with your market manipulating purchase. Then you can, after a set time, put your logs back on the market.

Basicly, Jagex does not want you using the Grand Exchange to flip items. Either you want to buy an item you need or sell an item you don't need.

Couldn't 50 of my clan members buy 10k mage logs each, sell them via a normal trade to 50 other members (this should only take 30 seconds or so) and then have all of them back on the market again?

Basically, the issue is that this limit that Jagex put up is nothing but an unnecessary inconvenience. It doesn't stop two merchants (not merchanters) from buying or selling at whatever times they want and it doesn't stop anyone from manipulating prices, if indeed they are able to pull off such a stunt (highly unlikely).

All it does is aggravate and inconvenience people. :wall:

Note: I read this to mean buying then selling, or selling then buying, not selling and selling again or buying and buying again. (if you have problems with this, it's probably due to server lag)