How to Bring PKing back to the Wilderness

Something that you should add to the guide:

A player goes to wildy with, let's say, full dharok. It's licensed, but the player drops the Dharok's armor and it breaks, then he picks it up, it should keep the license.

Other than that, the guide is pretty good.

16185_s.gif

A player goes to wildy with, let's say, full dharok. It's licensed, but the player drops the Dharok's armor and it breaks, then he picks it up, it should keep the license.

Drops it, as in, just drops it, or drops it when he dies, or drops it when he gets killed?

I fully support this!

If Jagex actually did something like this, not only would PKilling be back, it would be better than before!

Now I don't like most pures because of their infamous immaturity, but I did like to PK every now and then... :cry:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

But what about Death Matchs?

When people bring in 1m each, so when they die they get loot+ 1m

How about that?

Maybe a spot, for dueling and pking, like that?

I guess near Edgeville you could have three players set up an unofficial duel of sorts (Where one player is is a referee who is required to be there in order to get the duel going), but the loot would HAVE to be in items, not cash.

Drops it, as in, just drops it, or drops it when he dies, or drops it when he gets killed?

Just drops it, not when he dies.

16185_s.gif

Just drops it, not when he dies.

Revised.

I support, but I was thinking in the wilderness you get teleported into a random location so it would be harder for RWT to meet up and also far less giant teams.

The teleporting idea would be a good anti-trading device to put in place; indeed, it would enhance the recording system, but it isn't going to stop traders from making their transactions. More difficult, but certainly not impossible.

I'm not sure what the issue with giant teams is, since most of those are clans anyway.

That said, thanks for the support.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its pretty hilarious that fansites can come up with better ideas than multi million dollar gaming corporations.

Jagex are stupid. This is smart.

Any of you pro-Jagex "It was necessary" people who claim the game was in a state of emergency, tell me, please - why Jagex couldn't implement something like this? It is OBVIOUSLY better than their preposterous solution.

Hey.

I wish it were that simple, but even the licensing aspect allows room for RWTs to exploit this, and the only means that Jagex will have to police this is automatically flagging and manually reviewing all significant wealth transfers. Anything involving the prospect of Jagex staff having to commit time to investigating, documenting, and banning accounts manually goes against the concept of what they're trying to accomplish.

The fact is, the wilderness is huge, and it's very simple to find an unused corner in which to do a RWT. I'd focus my suggestions on things that have EXTREMELY difficult-to-implement exploits available, if any at all.

blimpyboy2.png

I think its pretty hilarious that fansites can come up with better ideas than multi million dollar gaming corporations.

Jagex are stupid. This is smart.

Any of you pro-Jagex "It was necessary" people who claim the game was in a state of emergency, tell me, please - why Jagex couldn't implement something like this? It is OBVIOUSLY better than their preposterous solution.

It COULD mean they were lying about how long this has been in the works... Or about how much effort went into the updates...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I wish it were that simple, but even the licensing aspect allows room for RWTs to exploit this, and the only means that Jagex will have to police this is automatically flagging and manually reviewing all significant wealth transfers. Anything involving the prospect of Jagex staff having to commit time to investigating, documenting, and banning accounts manually goes against the concept of what they're trying to accomplish.

The fact is, the wilderness is huge, and it's very simple to find an unused corner in which to do a RWT. I'd focus my suggestions on things that have EXTREMELY difficult-to-implement exploits available, if any at all.

Keep in mind: In order to successfully exploit this proposed system, trades would need the stats to wield the items they are going to transfer in addition to the stats necessary to raise the money they will use to buy those items.

My idea is not intended to be airtight. It's just meant to bring back a big part of what made this game great without being crippled by massive bot farms. Yes, there will likely be some observable increase in goldfarming activity as opposed to the situation we have now, but I think it's worth it. I'd rather have a game with farmers than no game at all (this is my opinion, of course- I no longer find the game enjoyable, but many do).