The strong adapt, the weak quit

AzDad

If Runescape is getting better, explain to me why a lot of my friends are leaving, only a few being pkers?

I don't know, maybe math isn't your strong suit?

You have a some friends leaving (BTW - leaving means they haven't yet), yet the servers are still full.

I still don't see why full servers=a good game.

Doing the math would seem to indicate that the loss of your friends hasn't affected RS in the least little bit.

What math equation is involved here? :-s

Look at those two statments. Hypocricy? I think so. What you really mean to say is...

Again, you seem to have a basic lack of comprehension.

If RS was going bad for everyone, then why is everything still going great?

Great=OPINIONATED STATEMENT!

You state that a couple of your friends have left, yet the servers are still full, the monster areas crowded and the GE busy.

GE is still busy? Lol? It took me three months to sell a magic composite bow!

You see, if RS was going bad for everyone then these things wouldn't be happening.

The fact that they are points to the fact that RS is better for most everyone.Sorry budy but opinions are not facts.

Really, all you just proved is that you think that because Runescape is better for YOU, it is better for EVERYONE and if it doesn't effect YOU it doesn't affect ANYONE.

No, I showed that the servers are still full and RS is still doing great.

Once again, great is an opinion.

All you've shown is a peculiar aptitude in missing the larger point.

We all get it that you and your friends aren't happy.

What you don't get is that the vast, vast majority IS happy.

Vast majority? You have no proof. I want surveys, not you screaming at me that RS is "great"

Maybe you should extend your circle of friends in order to see the greater point.What? Why wound this help? Oh, I see what you mean.. include more self righteous hypocrites that think and feel as you do? No thanks..

Better yet, just pull up the server page and see how many people are still on.

That doesn't mean these people are happy with the changes being made to the game!

Complain, insult and kevetch all you want, the facts point to the truth - RS has moved on since the changes with no real discernible negative impact.

What's a kevech?

Sure, they lost a couple of people. Some of these people will be missed, but I think the greater amount won't.

All I see are your horribly biased opinions here.

More importantly though is that it seems as if the number of new members is as much as, if not more than, the number of quitters.

This is largely due to the coming summoning update..

Truth is, it ruined the game for lots of people. You have no right to say it's getting better.

I'm sorry, no 'right'??!!

I have every right to do so, especially when it's the truth.

Once again, only horribly biased opinions here.

Maybe you're happy, but the people who pked, staked, merchanted, and monster hunted with friends lost what they did for fun. Would you be happy if you lost you're favorite skill? Don't say it couldn't happen, because it could. PKing has been around since the start of runescape. After around 7 of it being part of the game, they took it away. Staking has been around almost as long, merchanting has been a major part of the game since classic, and as long as there have been monsters, people hunted them.

Again, if "most" people were impacted and "most" people "lost what they did for fun", then why are "most" people still on and still playing?

Face it, for MOST people, RS is more, MUCH more, than PKing.

Don't believe me?

Take a look at those server numbers. :thumbsup:

Sever numbers don't prove a thing. :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you out of your flipping mind? Or maybe your simply blind...

No, I actually still play the game and pay attention.

How about you? :-w

I still play alot. Unfortunately I have bought a year of members in advance, and I figure I should get my money's worth- good or bad.

How do you know? Do you have any proof? I think not.

Have you tried to log on lately?

Yup. There's only around one thousand people or so in my home worlds, compared to the two thousand before the update.

Seen how busy the servers are?

Server amount vary on a variety of factors such as the date and the time of day, therefore I have no idea what you mean here.

Have you tried hunting dragons or gone to a slayer dungeon?

Umm yes? On my home world, the Carniffs dungeon is as empty as always..

Maybe checked out the GE?

It took me a week to buy a set of pink clothing, two months to sell a pair of addy boots, three months to sell a magic composite bow, and two weeks to buy a set of snakehide armor.

You see, if you had, you would have seen no real difference in amount of activity from before the update.

Lol.. Sorry buddy, but there has been a drop in the mean amount of people on, after the update and before the Christmas holidays, according to the amount of people in my home worlds.

Once again, you have proven you are blind. The ecomony is heading for a crash.. Furries are now 3.2mil, wips are 1.3mil, and dragon longs are 77k. Sharks are 700g while lobsters are 190g. Sets of rune armor have fallen from 200k to 140k. Dragon daggers(p++) are 32k. Natures are 280g..

Yes, PKing supplies have fallen in price. Big surprise.

However, skilling supplies have either stayed the same or risen.

Blue d'hides have risen a bit and Dragon Axes have gone up (for instance)

Maybe before you start calling other people blind you should open your OWN eyes up to the fact that PKing supplies are just one small part of the greater economy.

The skilling and pking parts of the old RS economy where just that-parts of a whole, separate but equal. You can hardly call the skiller part the "greater" economy.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? RS doesn't exist for the whims of the skillers either..

It means exactly what you don't want to admit it does - RS can and will live just fine without PKing.

Of course it can. A society changes as it develops, and the people adapt to those changes-I'm not denying this. However, we're discussing whether or not RS is better off without pking, not if it can survive without it.

Okay.. then why the bloody hell are you bashing the rioters?

What part of "I disagree" are you having problems understanding? :roll:

No, I can understand civil disagreement. Except that's not what you're doing there-you're brutally flaming them for their opinions because they don't believe the same things as you do. That I can not tolerate.

Look at this idiot, saying his opinions belong to the "vast majority"!e again, he is blind.

Again, have you checked the server numbers recently, gone to the slayer dungeons, etc. etc.

Fact is that there is just as many, if not MORE, people on now than there was before the change.

I have done both things, and yet the evidence doesn't seem to support your claims..

So either the rioters are still playing while complaining, or their departure didn't cause the big problem for Jagex that they had thought (or hoped) it would.We never wanted to cause a "problem" for Jagex=we simply wanted to show that we don't like how Jagex killed our favorite part of the game.

So we can't say RS is ruined because Jagex took away my favorite part and now I honestly don't feel like bothering to play it anymore??

No, I thought I had made that pretty clear.

What? Lmao? You have no facts-all you show me is biased opinions. You can't possibly force me to say that RS is "not" ruined because Jagex killed my favorite part. It is ruined-for me. It's like how RS would be ruined for you if Jagex killed skilling and monster hunting.

Why don't you try applying that same bit of wisdom to your own actions? God how I loathe hypocrites..

It must be difficult to hate something when you obviously don't understand its meaning.

What? This is what you said-

Or, to put it another way, there is a vast, great difference between "RS is ruined FOR ME" and "RS is ruined for EVERYONE."

Since you apparently seem to know enough math to criticize other's math skills, how about a little geometry? We'll use your statement as the conditional.

If RS is ruined for everyone, then it is ruined for me.

True, right? According to your logic, of course.. Now let's take the inverse of that.

If RS is not ruined for everyone, then it is not ruined for me.

Still true, somewhat. However, then you say this, which we can use as the contrapositive of the statement.-

In fact, RS seems to be going better than ever!

If Rs isn't ruined for me, then it isn't ruined for everyone!

This brings us back to your original statement.-

There is a vast, great difference between "RS is ruined FOR ME" and "RS is ruined for EVERYONE."

Let's try the inverse of this statement, shall we?

There is a vast, great difference between "RS is ruined FOR ME" and "RS is ruined for EVERYONE."

Compared to the contrapositive of the previous conditional-

If Rs isn't ruined for me, then it isn't ruined for everyone!

Excuse me, but if the two statements are not related, how can you not be hypocritical here?

Full servers? That's how you judge if RS is "ruined for everyone" or not?? Lmao, lmfao.. Perhaps we have moved on and found something better to do? Trying our best to play a "ruined" RS? The quiters have quit and masses of noobs have risen to take their place..

If RS was "ruined" no one would be playing it.

In your own words-There is a vast, great difference between "RS is ruined FOR ME" and "RS is ruined for EVERYONE."

Since there are still as many people playing it now as was before indicates that for the vast, vast majority of people it isn't (and wasn't) ruined.

Inverse of your own words-There is a vast, great difference between "RS is ruined FOR ME" and "RS is ruined for EVERYONE."

Cry all you want, insult me all you want, but the facts are the facts.

I'm not insulting you nor am I crying. Bring me real facts, not opinions, and I will agree with you.

RS is still going great and is still very, very popular.

^opinion

Translation-"If Rs isn't ruined for me, then it isn't ruined for everyone!" :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Again, full servers seem to indicate that it certainly WASN'T ruined for everyone.

In fact, it appears that it wasn't ruined for MOST everyone.

Most everyone? What language are you speaking here? Is RS not ruined for everyone or most people?? Yet another contradictory statement.. :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

From what ive been hearing server numbers mean nothing,

Sever numbers don't prove a thing.

which is true...but then alot of you are trying to make the point that so many people left because of the update,

Lol.. Sorry buddy, but there has been a drop in the mean amount of people on, after the update and before the Christmas holidays, according to the amount of people in my home worlds.
thats fine but-

How can you prove this if the numbers mean nothing, aru?

And why do you guys keep puting down the idea that theres a difference between Runescape being ruined for ME and Runescape being ruined for EVERYONE? He right, just because someone dislikes the update dosnt mean Runescapes Ruined.

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

which is true...but then alot of you are trying to make the point that so many people left because of the update' date='

thats fine but-

I was simply pointing out that, although sever numbers really don't mean anything, that his "facts" were inaccurate in the first place.

And why do you guys keep puting down the idea that theres a difference between Runescape being ruined for ME and Runescape being ruined for EVERYONE? He right, just because someone dislikes the update dosnt mean Runescapes Ruined.

A)It was his idea in the first place.

B)Simply because one person(or the "majority) feels that something is "ruined" doesn't mean that everyone(or every individual) will feel the same way. In a given population there will always be a difference of opinion.. humanity will hardly unanimously agree to anything.

c)I have no utter idea what point you are trying to get across in this paragraph.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

which is true...but then alot of you are trying to make the point that so many people left because of the update' date='

thats fine but-

I was simply pointing out that, although sever numbers really don't mean anything, that his "facts" were inaccurate in the first place.

A)It was his idea in the first place.

B)Simply because one person(or the "majority) feels that something is "ruined" doesn't mean that everyone(or every individual) will feel the same way. In a given population there will always be a difference of opinion.. humanity will hardly unanimously agree to anything.

c)I have no utter idea what point you are trying to get across in this paragraph.

The point i was making was that there was no reason to put that statement down like it was earlier...but now your saying you agree with it so its theres no point to it now, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~