The strong adapt, the weak quit

AzDad

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's been about a week and RS is still going strong.

The servers were very busy this weekend and the hunting areas were pretty full.

It might be a little too early to tell, but it certainly seems as if the strong have started to adapt...

...and the quitters either DIDN'T quit or did so in such small numbers as to not make much of a difference. :-w

azdad.png

Well, it's been about a week and RS is still going strong.

The servers were very busy this weekend and the hunting areas were pretty full.

It might be a little too early to tell, but it certainly seems as if the strong have started to adapt...

...and the quitters either DIDN'T quit or did so in such small numbers as to not make much of a difference. :-w

Every one i know who said they would quit did, and thats a list of several hundred players, myself included.

Sure pking may have become a small part of runescape by the end, but without it runescape is as amusing as one tennis player.

Every one i know who said they would quit did, and thats a list of several hundred players, myself included.

Sure pking may have become a small part of runescape by the end, but without it runescape is as amusing as one tennis player.

And yet with all those who quit it didn't make one bit of difference. \'

The servers were still full.

The hunting areas still crowded.

The wilderness still PK free.

There is obviously so many, many, MANY more people who feel that RuneScape is much more than PKing. :thumbsup:

It seems like that last nail HASN'T gone into the coffin of RuneScape after all! In fact, there seems to be many nails left to go. :-w

azdad.png

And yet with all those who quit it didn't make one bit of difference. \'

The servers were still full.

The hunting areas still crowded.

The wilderness still PK free.

There is obviously so many, many, MANY more people who feel that RuneScape is much more than PKing. :thumbsup:

It seems like that last nail HASN'T gone into the coffin of RuneScape after all! In fact, there seems to be many nails left to go. :-w

But not for me, rs is fine for the boring people who like to grind away all day and have no reward in the end.

You have nothing to compete against anymore, no challenges, Big [bleep]ing deal you lvled smithing to 99 and can make full rune, whos gunna buy it?.

Oh look you runecrafted 200k nats, oh damn no one needs teleblock or barrage anymore, looks like you cant sell them.

Oh look you got 99 fishing, shame no pkers left to buy those shark.

You got a dark bow? its useless now.

Throw away your dharoks sets.

Omg sweet you got a godsword, but wait it sure is slow xp killing monsters with it, meh prolly better to sell it to a rich pker or staker.. oh wait.. you cant.

Your a herblorist? Good luck selling bulk super sets now.

Your into cooking? no one will buy your cooked shark anymore, so you gotta fish your own or make a net loss of 1k per shark.

Your into crafting?, no buyers for black hide sets, str ammys, rings of recoils.

This update effected the whole game, maybe if you pulled your head out of jagexs [wagon] you would realise that.

The weak bend over and take whatever gets thrown at them, the strong make a stand.

When the going gets tough the tough gets going, the tough dont stand arround and hope things get better.

It seems like that last nail HASN'T gone into the coffin of RuneScape after all! In fact, there seems to be many nails left to go. :-w. But not for me, rs is fine for the boring people who like to grind away all day and have no reward in the end.

You have nothing to compete against anymore, no challenges, Big [bleep] deal you lvled smithing to 99 and can make full rune, whos gunna buy it?.

Oh look you runecrafted 200k nats, oh damn no one needs teleblock or barrage anymore, looks like you cant sell them.

Since when did you need nats to barrage? People still alch a LOT.

Omg sweet you got a godsword, but wait it sure is slow xp killing monsters with it, meh prolly better to sell it to a rich pker or staker.. oh wait.. you cant.

I'm 100% sure you can sell a god sword at a good price. Hilts are still very expensive.

Your into cooking? no one will buy your cooked shark anymore, so you gotta fish your own or make a net loss of 1k per shark.

You're saying you have to buy raw sharks at 1k ea, and sell at 0 gp ea?

But you have a point about most of the entire RS econemy getting hit.

But not for me, rs is fine for the boring people who like to grind away all day and have no reward in the end.

To be frank, who cares what you think?

You are obviously part of the very, very, very small minority who just don't "get" Runescape.

Yell, complain, kick your feet, cry to your mother, it doesn't matter.

Runescape, despite your and others Chicken Little DoomSaying, is doing quite fine.

In fact, it will probably be better off without people like you.

So stop complaining, go away and leave the vast majority of us alone as we enjoy a great, great game that has so much more to offer than your shortsightedness allows you to see.

azdad.png

You are obviously part of the very, very, very small minority who just don't "get" Runescape.

Runescape, despite your and others Chicken Little DoomSaying, is doing quite fine.

So stop complaining, go away and leave the vast majority of us alone as we enjoy a great, great game that has so much more to offer than your shortsightedness allows you to see.

What's up with the online bashing? He is expressing his opinion, like you are about the people who are quitting... I mean really, what's up with that..?

It seems like that last nail HASN'T gone into the coffin of RuneScape after all! In fact, there seems to be many nails left to go. :-w. But not for me, rs is fine for the boring people who like to grind away all day and have no reward in the end.

You have nothing to compete against anymore, no challenges, Big [bleep] deal you lvled smithing to 99 and can make full rune, whos gunna buy it?.

Since when did you need nats to barrage? People still alch a LOT.

I'm 100% sure you can sell a god sword at a good price. Hilts are still very expensive.

You're saying you have to buy raw sharks at 1k ea, and sell at 0 gp ea?

But you have a point about most of the entire RS econemy getting hit.

The major buyers of cooked shark were pkers, i myself was buying about 10k a month.

God swords are garbage without wild or arena, prices will drop or they will become a novelty item like a party hat people pay huge for just to walk arround in.

People wont alch huge ammounts of stuff as often anymore stop and think, no need for any high lvl spels anymore, no need for high mage, no need to alch.

Not too mention that since runecrafting is riskless now nat prices will drop regardless, and since bots are gone ess prices will rise.

This update may have killed rwts but it also killed freedom.

If the united nations decided that they could get rid of all the criminals in the world by making it so that your choices in life were limited to only what the government thought was apropriate would you support it?

What's up with the online bashing? He is expressing his opinion, like you are about the people who are quitting... I mean really, what's up with that..?

And I'm expressing my opinion about his poorly formed opinion.

So what's up with you bashing that?

I mean really, what's up with that..? :wink:

azdad.png

The major buyers of cooked shark were pkers, i myself was buying about 10k a month.

God swords are garbage without wild or arena, prices will drop or they will become a novelty item like a party hat people pay huge for just to walk arround in.

People wont alch huge ammounts of stuff as often anymore stop and think, no need for any high lvl spels anymore, no need for high mage, no need to alch.

Not too mention that since runecrafting is riskless now nat prices will drop regardless, and since bots are gone ess prices will rise.

This update may have killed rwts but it also killed freedom.

If the united nations decided that they could get rid of all the criminals in the world by making it so that your choices in life were limited to only what the government thought was apropriate would you support it?

The game will adapt as it has adapted in the past and will adapt in the future.

In fact, as we speak the players are adapting to the changes and Jagex is figuring out tweaks to the changes they've already made.

And the economy isn't ruined, it is just drastically changed. Merchanters are already figuring out where the money is now to be made.

And freedom??! Please!

There is never total freedom within a game - that's why there are rules.

azdad.png

And I'm expressing my opinion about his poorly formed opinion.

So what's up with you bashing that?

I mean really, what's up with that..? :wink:

Erm...

I'm not the one hitting someone over the head with an online whacking stick...

And I'm not the one that doesn't quite understand that this is the RANTS forum and this rant is about people yelling and screaming that RS is dead when it is so clearly and obviously not. :shame:

azdad.png

And I'm not the one that doesn't quite understand that this is the RANTS forum and this rant is about people yelling and screaming that RS is dead when it is so clearly and obviously not. :shame:

So basically you think only your opinion matters? He commented on your rant... Nothing wrong with that... You think Runescape is not dead, he does. Let people other voice their opinions with out being 'shamed' for thinking a little differently...

So basically you think only your opinion matters? He commented on your rant... Nothing wrong with that... You think Runescape is not dead, he does. Let people other voice their opinions with out being 'shamed' for thinking a little differently...

Well obviously like everyone else I'm a little more particular to my own point of view.

That said, your comment is patently ridiculous because we are in a forum which means that the whole thing is about opinions and going back and forth. I'm just as entitled to voice my opinion about someone else's opinion as they are to voice their opinion on my original opinion. There is no 'stopping' point where one can't further reply.

And if you're afraid of voicing your opinion because someone else might disagree with it than you probably shouldn't be posting here to begin with.

azdad.png

Likewise.

:thumbsup:

And that's fine.

In the end, though, it's not going to be our individual opinions but how we each act and react to the changes in the game.

So far, though, it seems the doomsaying has been a bit overstated and those quitting have not had the impact they thought they would.

azdad.png

Well obviously like everyone else I'm a little more particular to my own point of view.

That said, your comment is patently ridiculous because we are in a forum which means that the whole thing is about opinions and going back and forth. I'm just as entitled to voice my opinion about someone else's opinion as they are to voice their opinion on my original opinion. There is no 'stopping' point where one can't further reply.

And if you're afraid of voicing your opinion because someone else might disagree with it than you probably shouldn't be posting here to begin with.

What does the bold part mean? I'm not understanding how this ties in with our current conversation...

The underlined part is what I just said... You say people have their own opinions, so now my comment is 'patently ridiculous'? Intresting, I don't get that part either...

What does the bold part mean? I'm not understanding how this ties in with our current conversation...

The underlined part is what I just said... You say people have their own opinions, so now my comment is 'patently ridiculous'? Intresting, I don't get that part either...

The point you're missing is that you want to end the discussion after someone replies to my opinion.

It doesn't work that way.

And the bold was not directed toward you particularly - I was using the global sense of 'you'.

Listen, this whole conversation about what I can or can't (or shouldn't) say really isn't getting us anywhere.

I get what you are saying, I just disagree with it.

azdad.png

I have only recently started playing the game, I was here for a week before the changes, and went pking once. I have not been around long enough to complain about the changes, but even if I had been around for years, I don't think I would complain. With time comes changes, and you either quit or adapt. So, all those complaining, if they do not want to quit the game, they better start adapting.

Get the hell off your high horse, you aren't better than anyone else just because you like to skill. If people want to find a BETTER game let them and stop acting lke such an elitist that you feel the need to bash their opinions and their choices, Runescape is a GAME and If people dont want to play then they can find a better one and just because there is "more" to runescape then pking does not mean we have to like the other aspects of it. People who enjoy these other activities are in no way stronger than pkers or stakers they just happen to enjoy skilling, or Minigames, or Training more.

Get the hell off your high horse, you aren't better than anyone else just because you like to skill. If people want to find a BETTER game let them and stop acting lke such an elitist that you feel the need to bash their opinions and their choices, Runescape is a GAME and If people dont want to play then they can find a better one and just because there is "more" to runescape then pking does not mean we have to like the other aspects of it. People who enjoy these other activities are in no way stronger than pkers or stakers they just happen to enjoy skilling, or Minigames, or Training more.

Ah yes, another intelligent, well thought out response. :roll:

BTW - the game is ALREADY a better game - always was.

That's the point.

And the elitists are those who think that the whole game is ruined because they can't PK anymore.

BTW - I guess YOU'RE an "elitist" since you felt the need to bash MY opinion. :shame:

azdad.png

Ah yes, another intelligent, well thought out response. :roll:

BTW - the game is ALREADY a better game - always was.

That's the point.

And the elitists are those who think that the whole game is ruined because they can't PK anymore.

BTW - I guess YOU'RE an "elitist" since you felt the need to bash MY opinion. :shame:

The irony is astounding.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Whell, with the recent updates coming up, I think PKers will start to enjoy Bounty Hunter, since it will become 1 vs 1. Guess old veterans will come back. And the trade cap limit, heh, it will enable merchanting, yet goldfarmers will still be without work (I' d really want to see a million gp transefer 30k at a time) :D JAGeX you dawgs you.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I do not like the fact there is no 1v1 area to pk in - dueling is not my thing, I like a risk/reward game. I play primarily to 1) gain money/supplies for pking, 2) train stats better for pking, 3) Quest to get better weapons etc for pking.

I am now forced to pk in a multi area, and while I can adapt to that, my one true love of the game (1v1 pking) is now gone. This lessens the enjoyment I get from the game, along with many others. To rant about people complaining about the updates is pointless. Its a fact that people are not pleased, you best live with that too.