The strong adapt, the weak quit

AzDad

RuneScape hasn't been ruined or destroyed.

And the reason for that is that RuneScape has always been about more, MUCH more than just PKing.

I've been here for over a year (I know, not that long) but have immensely enjoyed RS and have never PKed! There is so much ELSE to do in RS (working on skills, doing quests, mini-games, etc.) that it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to quit just because one part has been removed.

There is an old saying that the only thing certain in this life is change.

And the strong adapt to the changes - they find how to make the changes work for them or they find other ways to get things done. Give the merchanters a month and they'll have the Grand Exchange figured out. Sure, some things that used to cost a lot will be cheaper, but things that were cheap (runes maybe?) will be more expensive.

RuneScape is not ruined or destroyed. People will adapt and learn the new ways. New people will come in not knowing how things 'used to be' and enjoy RS for all that it has going for it.

And I bet that a lot of those who are quitting will be back. Not all of them, but RS will manage without them (and will probably be better off without them).

azdad.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but may i ask, was their a certain part about the game that you absolutely loved?

if the answer is yes then remove it from the game, along with your 2ed and 3ed things you loved the most and you will feel the same way stakers and merchanters and pkers now feel.

now what would you feel like if someone (such as yourself) siad, OH but theirs so much more to offer! like agility!

you sir are a Substitute Posters

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=723633&highlight=

T'was two weeks before Christmas, and all through Runescape

Not a player had known what would soon be their fate.

The updates were posted on the website with care,

In hopes that all players would like what was there.

I logged onto Runescape and what did I see?

Four new updates were listed, Wonder what they could be?

Real world trading is bad, its evil they say

A new Jagex fight against cheaters today!

Real money for gold, their raking in lots.

Kill all the autoers, kill all the bots!

Removing unbalanced trades, *What the heck is that?

Means all those merchants will never get their phat!

Farewell birthday gifts, no more helping a friend.

No more running nats, *Just where will it end?

This 1st post was painful, yet I just pressed through.

But I held my breath as I opened number 2.

Trade and drop changes, seems like lots of chatter.

I clicked on the link to see what was the matter.

3k gold pieces is now the trade limit.

No more getting Barrows, unless millions are in it

Drop parties are out, drop transfers are too.

A gravestone is left if a Fire Giant kills you.

No more getting rich when a noob makes a mistake.

Those items are no longer yours for the take.

I could not believe, in what was to be

With an unsteady hand, I clicked post number 3.

Wilderness changes? Please say its not so!

Revenant ghosts? Now thats a low blow!

Bounty Hunter, Bounty Hunter, Why is it multi?

If you go solo, you surely will die.

I PKd for a living, I guess thats now done.

Jagex, you ruined it, its no longer fun.

No more PKing, no more easy dough.

Because 3k the limit now! and so.

No more Runescape, looks like its time to go

If you liked this post, and I hope that you might.

Copy and paste it, LETS PUT UP A FIGHT!

We can get our Wildy back & the giving of gifts, if we all stick together.

If Jagex don't listen, we'll all quit FOREVER

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Sir, a game is for enjoyment, not hardships.

I'll leave the adapting to real life.

I want to enjoy my games, not suffer if my favorite thing has been taken away.

I'm not a PK'er, but I believe they are not "weak" for leaving, there are other games out there better suited for their tastes.

yes but may i ask, was their a certain part about the game that you absolutely loved?

Yes, leveling skills.

And since skills are the foundation of MMORPG, I'm not in any fear that they will be removed.

now what would you feel like if someone (such as yourself) siad, OH but theirs so much more to offer! like agility!

I didn't say that people didn't have a right to be a little upset.

My point really was and is twofold:

1 - change is inevitable and the strong learn to adapt

2 - RS has much, much, MUCH more to offer the gamer than killing other gamers (well, their RS characters)

azdad.png

Sir, a game is for enjoyment, not hardships.

I'll leave the adapting to real life.

Ah, but the great games give us little lessons on life!

I'm not a PK'er, but I believe they are not "weak" for leaving, there are other games out there better suited for their tastes.

Well, we each have our opinion.

azdad.png

Who exactly do you think you are to deem that everyone that decides to leave the game is "weak"?

Stop flattering your ego. Staying in the game does not mean you are strong, nor adaptative, it simply means you wish to stay. And people who quit - all it means is that they do not wish to play the game anymore.

The way you judge people is revolting. I'd expect better from you, especially since the rest of your post is decently written.

2480+ total

Yes, leveling skills.

And since skills are the foundation of MMORPG, I'm not in any fear that they will be removed.

I didn't say that people didn't have a right to be a little upset.

My point really was and is twofold:

1 - change is inevitable and the strong learn to adapt

2 - RS has much, much, MUCH more to offer the gamer than killing other gamers (well, their RS characters)

and by leveling said skills what are you aiming for?

(i'll add examples this time as last time i asked an open ended question it really didn't really get answered because "skills" doesn't count because you HAVE to level skills)

for a miner training he is aiming for the ability to mine rune or possibly addy the same goes for a smither, the ability to smith that chest of runite or a crafter, to make glories or full black ranging armor.

now, for the vast majority of people training magic or range or any combat skill, it is to be able to best another player in the wilderness (i say wilderness because "skills" aren't used in BH, teams of 1 itemers are)

Now, what if ALL the highest level rewards were removed from each skill, would you still train them? i think a mass of people would say no! look at peoples blogs and signatures, they have "player123's blog to 85 mage" or the progress bar in someones signature.

they have removed MULTIPLE aspects of the game, (analogy staking) we've seen people post duels with party hat wins... now compair that with 3k and YES its depressing as, most mages use ten times that amount of money in a single stake not even mentioning drag arrows are HOW MUCH each?

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Yes, leveling skills.

What if Jgaex decided to make it so you could only get an x amount of an item(like three) in 30min? Would you honestly keep playing?

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Strong in this thread, the ignorance is.

:wall:

Makes me quite sad to see people who are obviously not stupid, and obviously quite able to formulate a coherent post, presenting such a narrow minded point of view.

RuneScape has always been about more, MUCH more than just PKing.

To you you're absolutely right. To others you're way off. And that's why I loved this game. There was so much choice. People could stay level 3 and skill up to their hearts content, or they could choose to spend their play time in the wilderness. RuneScape was a freeform RPG. That means you play which aspect you want. These updates have removed a great deal of choice concerning the gamers play-style. Not only do I object to the removal of the aspect of the game I enjoyed the most [After over 5 years, the only aspect I enjoyed] PKing, I object even stronger to this restriction in choice.

it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to quit just because one part has been removed.

Have you ever sat through a dull radio show, just waiting for a promised song that you know you love? Would you still sit through the show if you knew that no song you enjoy will be played?

You use the word 'quit' in this context like it's bad thing? Why is that? When you quit RuneScape, all your doing is turning the TV off, leaving the restaurant, turning the dial on the radio. It's just entertainment. If your not entertained, then stop.

RS will manage without them (and will probably be better off without them).

It's Christmas soon. Maybe you're right. 'If they would rather quit they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.'

:|

Hmm? Shame on you...

- Gid.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

if you don't like it, don't log in, or talk about it at all. We've heard enough about it, now STFU!

If I had to reply to this post on an equal level, i'd probably say something along the lines of 'Make me'.

But I won't sink to that level. ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I agree with the thread maker on this one. I mean Pking is what? 20% of the game? (i never was good at maths) How many other thigns can you do.

To summarise them in large catagories:

Skilling

Trading

Assisting

Quests

Chatting

Clanning

And that's just all i can remember at 10:45am. I hate mornings :wall:

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

You might like pointless, endless clicking but the quitting pkers are the ones that don't. I get nothing from skilling etc, I'd rather do something else. Pking was fun and now it's gone. That's why people are pissed off.

Dunno why people feel the need to say those who've quit are weak, childish etc. When the only thing you played this game for or the only enjoyment you derived from this game gets taken away, then what else can you do other than quit.

If you enjoyed many aspects of this game & one aspect is taken away, you would probably still hold on & find something else to do. :|

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

personlly i like wildy update due to clan wars and bounty but hate those ghosts.

i like the ge it saves hours trying to get into w2 but 3k trade limit is teh lame.

i like the duel area f2p but hate 3k max stake so i cant stake high anymore.

for every good thing theres a bad thing....my god jagex must be guthix followers! (*cough* balance) :|

Popoto.~<3

Give the merchanters a month and they'll have the Grand Exchange figured out.

With the current iq?A year wouldn't be enough for them to push dark bows by 1 gp. -.-

Dunno why people feel the need to say those who've quit are weak, childish etc. When the only thing you played this game for or the only enjoyment you derived from this game gets taken away, then what else can you do other than quit.

If you enjoyed many aspects of this game & one aspect is taken away, you would probably still hold on & find something else to do.

Just contradicted yourself,Scars :-$

You might like pointless, endless clicking but the quitting pkers are the ones that don't.

Yes,when I attack players don't click,I use my space bar and the "o" button.RuneScape is a console game. :roll:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

When the only thing you played this game for or the only enjoyment you derived from this game gets taken away, then what else can you do other than quit.
Here I was referring mainly to the Pkers who enjoyed the old wildy. Can even add stakers here.

If you enjoyed many aspects of this game & one aspect is taken away, you would probably still hold on & find something else to do.
..and here referring to skillers who pked occasionally who can still look forward to the game.

Or is there something else? :-k

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

I'm an American and George Bush is my President. I'm used to disappointment.

Ha! Mind if I put that in my signature?

Back on topic though, I pretty much agree with what Gidion is saying. You can't call people weak for deciding to quit a game after their favorite aspect has been removed. :boohoo:

Better title: The strong stay or leave, the weak complain about every little thing wrong, ignore the good parts, and think rioting will get jagex to fix it.

A bit long, but the truth in my opinion. If you want to stay, good for you. If you want to leave, more power to you. If the part of the game you enjoyed is gone, why stay?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'm an American and George Bush is my President. I'm used to disappointment.

Ha! Mind if I put that in my signature?

Back on topic though, I pretty much agree with what Gidion is saying. You can't call people weak for deciding to quit a game after their favorite aspect has been removed. :boohoo:

lol. ya do what you like. i stand fully by that statement.

rssig2.png

I've been here for over a year (I know, not that long) but have immensely enjoyed RS and have never PKed! There is so much ELSE to do in RS (working on skills, doing quests, mini-games, etc.) that it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to quit just because one part has been removed.

Weird you're complaining that pking wasn't such a big deal and not that great... But you've never pked? How can you judge about that?

And also I think the people who do quit are as strong as the ones that stay. It's hard to quit a game where you've spended your spare time for so long, even if they removed your favourite part.

RuneScape hasn't been ruined or destroyed.

And the reason for that is that RuneScape has always been about more, MUCH more than just PKing.

There is an old saying that the only thing certain in this life is change.

And the strong adapt to the changes - they find how to make the changes work for them or they find other ways to get things done. Give the merchanters a month and they'll have the Grand Exchange figured out. Sure, some things that used to cost a lot will be cheaper, but things that were cheap (runes maybe?) will be more expensive.

RuneScape is not ruined or destroyed. People will adapt and learn the new ways. New people will come in not knowing how things 'used to be' and enjoy RS for all that it has going for it.

And I bet that a lot of those who are quitting will be back. Not all of them, but RS will manage without them (and will probably be better off without them).

+1. These people need to live with it...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Better title: The strong stay or leave, the weak complain about every little thing wrong, ignore the good parts, and think rioting will get jagex to fix it.

A bit long, but the truth in my opinion. If you want to stay, good for you. If you want to leave, more power to you. If the part of the game you enjoyed is gone, why stay?

Well, I believe they have a right to complain if they think it could make a difference. They're fighting for what they think is right and I can't call them weak for that.

However, if the updates don't change and they choose to stay and suffer through a game they no longer enjoy, then they would be weak.

I have to say that i agree with this 100%

there are many who loved pking and are quitting due to the 12/10/07 updates.

But i ask you this-if you realy loved pking so much, id like to think that a bump (or in this case ill admit-mountain) in the road wouldnt be enough to derail you from what you like to do

I love questing, and im going for the cape...but if they suddenly released a quest were 99 in some skills were needed i wouldnt quit, aru

now im not trying to act stronger than any one else, and perhapse 'weak' isnt the right word-more dedicated might be more approprate...

thats my opinion any how...

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~