The strong adapt, the weak quit

AzDad

Agreed. These updates make the game played the way it is supposed to be played. No buying money, no winning millions of gold by pking or staking. Just using your skills to make money.

Thanks Jagex :)

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually quite saddened by the level of ignorance being displayed by so many tip.iter's.

R E S P E C T ...

Find out what it means to me?

:?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Get the hell off your high horse, you aren't better than anyone else just because you like to skill. If people want to find a BETTER game let them and stop acting lke such an elitist that you feel the need to bash their opinions and their choices, Runescape is a GAME and If people dont want to play then they can find a better one and just because there is "more" to runescape then pking does not mean we have to like the other aspects of it. People who enjoy these other activities are in no way stronger than pkers or stakers they just happen to enjoy skilling, or Minigames, or Training more.

Ah yes, another intelligent, well thought out response. :roll:

BTW - the game is ALREADY a better game - always was.

What's that supposed to mean? SO if it's a "better" game for you that automatically makes it a "better" game for me?? Whatever happened to that lengthy chat about opinions, or did you just throw that out the window??

That's the point.

And the elitists are those who think that the whole game is ruined because they can't PK anymore.

Excuse me? Do you even know what a elitist is? Perhaps actually read the dictionary before using cool, big words to make yourself look intelligent?

BTW - I guess YOU'RE an "elitist" since you felt the need to bash MY opinion. :shame:

He was bashing your opinion because you opinion was bashing his opinions! This is exactly like the "racists to racists" issue..

Excuse me for quiting a game that I no longer find fun and don't really feel like paying for anymore! :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

RuneScape hasn't been ruined or destroyed.

And the reason for that is that RuneScape has always been about more, MUCH more than just PKing.

I've been here for over a year (I know, not that long) but have immensely enjoyed RS and have never PKed! There is so much ELSE to do in RS (working on skills, doing quests, mini-games, etc.) that it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to quit just because one part has been removed.

There is an old saying that the only thing certain in this life is change.

And the strong adapt to the changes - they find how to make the changes work for them or they find other ways to get things done. Give the merchanters a month and they'll have the Grand Exchange figured out. Sure, some things that used to cost a lot will be cheaper, but things that were cheap (runes maybe?) will be more expensive.

RuneScape is not ruined or destroyed. People will adapt and learn the new ways. New people will come in not knowing how things 'used to be' and enjoy RS for all that it has going for it.

And I bet that a lot of those who are quitting will be back. Not all of them, but RS will manage without them (and will probably be better off without them).

Marry me?

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

I hate posts like these, because they ultimately boil down to this argument: "You don't have to PK, as you can do !" Such responses are purely evasive as they don't address the fact that the recent updates took away a big part of Runescape and replaced it with a sub-par, half-assed "alternative". If Jagex removed questing or even skilling, would you accept the argument: "You can just go PK'ing!" as a valid response to your worries?

Thanks shaza for closing all the coherent discussions and directed us towards an average post you seem to be biased towards, mod abuse ftw.

I adapted to the wilderness, i adapted to runescape 2, i adapted to special attacks, i adapted to barrows sets, i adapted to whips, i adapted to range specs being changed.

Ive reached the point where i dont want to HAVE to adapt every time jagex gives into the whiners and nerfs something i have grown used to, MAKE YOUR [bleep]ING MINDS UP JAGEX!.

My, you have an amusingly relativistic argumentative style. In the cause of expressing my opinion, I'll categorise the relevant parts of your post:

Sensible:

And the reason for that is that RuneScape has always been about more, MUCH more than just PKing.

I've been here for over a year (I know, not that long) but have immensely enjoyed RS and have never PKed! There is so much ELSE to do in RS (working on skills, doing quests, mini-games, etc.) that it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to quit just because one part has been removed.

RuneScape is not ruined or destroyed. People will adapt and learn the new ways. New people will come in not knowing how things 'used to be' and enjoy RS for all that it has going for it.

Irrelevant ad hominem attack:

And the strong adapt to the changes - they find how to make the changes work for them or they find other ways to get things done. Give the merchanters a month and they'll have the Grand Exchange figured out. Sure, some things that used to cost a lot will be cheaper, but things that were cheap (runes maybe?) will be more expensive.

And I bet that a lot of those who are quitting will be back. Not all of them, but RS will manage without them (and will probably be better off without them).

In making the accusation that those complaining about the most recent round of updates are 'weak', you're claiming that their opinion is worth less as a consequence. You do not actually state this, but given what you believe debate to be ('going back and forth' between opinions) this is the only way in which your post can have a point.

This is because you appear to be maintaining a version of the classic 'opinion' fallacy: 'I am entitled to my opinion'. What this cashes out as is 'I am entitled to have my own unanalysed emotional response to an issue and release it for public consumption'. Since you do not believe debate to be a dialectical process aimed at greater understanding of the truth, the only way you can possibly 'win' is by implying that opinions opposed to yours are lesser. The debate thus becomes alternating emotional reactions: "Runescape is ruined!" "No it isn't, and you're a wuss for saying so!" "Am not!" "Are too!" and so on.

This is clearly a futile exercise, which is a pity, as the first half of your post contains an interesting point. Please consider amending your stance to allow a proper debate.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

I agree completely. As this is my first proper year in rs, outside of boarding chool where i could not play due to network restrictions, i am happy to say im no quitter.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

I REALLY love all the rants of how "thats it, I'm quitting", and "runescape sucks" and the like. Pkilling is gone. Period, dot, end of story. Most find it has made the game better, some dont. Either way, it doesnt matter, its gone.

My question is, it's been nearly a week. Theres been no drop in the numbers of players online, and the number of whining posts about pk'ing being gone are still high. Sooooo.....

If it sucks and you're going to quit, can't you just..QUIT? I mean, we don't care that your going to quit. In fact, if you were a pkiller we WANT you to quit. So just do it and begone already.

Jetset516.png

If it sucks and you're going to quit, can't you just..QUIT? I mean, we don't care that your going to quit. In fact, if you were a pkiller we WANT you to quit. So just do it and begone already.

A)I paid for a year of members in advance >.<

B)You.. want me to quit? :-s I really am speechless here.. So if Jagex killed skilling and all the pkers were saying "OMG noob skillers, stop whining and just quit because we want you too!", how would you feel?

C)You will care when your nature prices plummet..

My question is, it's been nearly a week. Theres been no drop in the numbers of players online, and the number of whining posts about pk'ing being gone are still high. Sooooo.....

There was a HUGE drop right after the update.. but now since its Christmas a lot of extra players are logging on to do the holiday event..

I REALLY love all the rants of how "thats it, I'm quitting", and "runescape sucks" and the like. Pkilling is gone. Period, dot, end of story. Most find it has made the game better, some dont. Either way, it doesnt matter, its gone.

Nah, pking still lives... Maybe not in the old sense of the term but it's still there..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

B)You.. want me to quit? :-s I really am speechless here.. So if Jagex killed skilling and all the pkers were saying "OMG noob skillers, stop whining and just quit because we want you too!", how would you feel?

There was a HUGE drop right after the update.. but now since its Christmas a lot of extra players are logging on to do the holiday event..

Nah, pking still lives... Maybe not in the old sense of the term but it's still there..

A) That was your decision. Did that come with a guarantee of content in any form?

B) No, I dont want anyone to quit per se. Just the people who keep complaining about the updates and threatening to quit.

"I'm gonna leave...I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna...Oh I'm goin' you just watch me...I'll do it...I mean it..." Puh-lease.

Also, if Jagex did away with something I was by far in the minority in liking, might be pissed, I might even quit...but I wouldn't whine about is constantly and THREATEN to quit, I'd quit.

C) No, I use my nats to high alch. And even if I did make them to sell and the price dropped, I'd move on to something else (like what happened with the price of sharks)

And sorry...there was no drop. That's another myth the pkers are coming up with to make the update sound bad. If there was any drop, it was all the woodcutting/flax/fishing bots.

Jetset516.png

A) That was your decision. Did that come with a guarantee of content in any form?

B) No, I dont want anyone to quit per se. Just the people who keep complaining about the updates and threatening to quit.

"I'm gonna leave...I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna...Oh I'm goin' you just watch me...I'll do it...I mean it..." Puh-lease.

Also, if Jagex did away with something I was by far in the minority in liking, might be pissed, I might even quit...but I wouldn't whine about is constantly and THREATEN to quit, I'd quit.

C) No, I use my nats to high alch. And even if I did make them to sell and the price dropped, I'd move on to something else (like what happened with the price of sharks)

And sorry...there was no drop. That's another myth the pkers are coming up with to make the update sound bad. If there was any drop, it was all the woodcutting/flax/fishing bots.

pull your head out your [wagon] and realise without pking all items will drop like crazy due to most, if not all of the demand in the market being removed.

A) That was your decision. Did that come with a guarantee of content in any form?No, but I was giving you a reason why I couldn't quit. If I could quit (without losing money) I would quit.

I complain about the updates all the time.. -.- Perhaps those people can't quit, but support the people who are quiting(like me?)

Also, if Jagex did away with something I was by far in the minority in liking, might be pissed, I might even quit...but I wouldn't whine about is constantly and THREATEN to quit, I'd quit.The minority?? Errm.. no.. you'd be surprised how many people enjoyed pking..

C) No, I use my nats to high alch. And even if I did make them to sell and the price dropped, I'd move on to something else (like what happened with the price of sharks)Just an example with the nats there.. The economy is heading for a crash..

A myth? Sorry, honey, but I was there. I saw the numbers myself.. worlds 1-5 had like 1500 people in them..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I honestly don't think its as simple as "the strong adapt, the weak quit"

I have left for periods of times and it was never just because of Jagex's bad update. I've left becuase i was hacked, and I've come back which does show something is keeping me in.

There are two factors that i believe keep someone hooked to the game

1. The liking of the game as a whole-

If you only like one aspect and that is all (suck as pk-ing) then you are more inclined to leave either if it gets boring or Jagex changes it because these people won't be used to change.

2. Your friends-

Now this does not mean "the more friends you have the less chance you'll leave" It is the quality, not the quanity of your friends. If you and your friends are close knit (like mine) then you wont leave as often and if you do some "unknown" force draws you back. If you have truly good friends and you like them almost like you couldn't live without them you probably won't leave.

Now i was close knit with my friends because i made most of them joining a clan that was close knit and everyone knew eachother. And now i truly miss those who stopped playing or left for whatever reason.

Now of those who are staying and have played for maybe 6-1 year, at least, who have been in a clan or have tight nit friends that you constantly hang out with?

But otherwise- I don't think it is a matter of "survival of the fittest"

My 3 favorite skills!

1st. coolcobra77.png

2nd. coolcobra77.png

3rd. coolcobra77.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, almost three weeks since the dreaded "changes of doom" :wink: and RS seems as healthy as ever (and, maybe, even healthier!).

The "mass exodus" of quitting PKers either a) didn't happen; B) wasn't near as many as people thought there would be; or c) has been more than offset by new players.

The economy has adjusted (and continues to adjust). PKers are learning that skillers had just as much influence on the economy as they did! As such, expect raw materials needed for leveling skills (ores, pure ess, logs, seeds, etc.) to increase in price.

It appears that the 'rioters' have learned a harsh, but important, life lesson - no one is indispensable. RS did NOT exist solely for (and according to the whims of) PKers.

I understand that for many PKing was the 'best part' of RS. I didn't agree with that, but I understood it.

However, for the vast majority of people, there were other "best parts" of RS.

Thus it is a large difference between saying "RS took away my favorite part" and "RS is ruined!"

Or, to put it another way, there is a vast, great difference between "RS is ruined FOR ME" and "RS is ruined for EVERYONE."

The simple facts of full servers and crowded GE's shows that RS was NOT ruined for everyone.

In fact, RS seems to be going better than ever! :thumbsup:

azdad.png

If Runescape is getting better, explain to me why a lot of my friends are leaving, only a few being pkers?

In fact, RS seems to be going better than ever! :thumbsup:

Or, to put it another way, there is a vast, great difference between "RS is ruined FOR ME" and "RS is ruined for EVERYONE."

Look at those two statments. Hypocricy? I think so. What you really mean to say is...

In fact, RS seems to be going better than ever FOR ME! :thumbsup:

Really, all you just proved is that you think that because Runescape is better for YOU, it is better for EVERYONE and if it doesn't affect YOU it doesn't affect ANYONE. Truth is, it ruined the game for lots of people. You have no right to say it's getting better. Maybe you're happy, but the people who pked, staked, merchanted, and monster hunted with friends lost what they did for fun. Would you be happy if you lost you're favorite skill? Don't say it couldn't happen, because it could. PKing has been around since the start of runescape. After around 7 of it being part of the game, they took it away. Staking has been around almost as long, merchanting has been a major part of the game since classic, and as long as there have been monsters, people hunted them.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Well, almost three weeks since the dreaded "changes of doom" :wink: and RS seems as healthy as ever (and, maybe, even healthier!).Are you out of your flipping mind? Or maybe your simply blind...

The "mass exodus" of quitting PKers either a) didn't happen; B) wasn't near as many as people thought there would be; or c) has been more than offset by new players.

How do you know? Do you have any proof? I think not.

The economy has adjusted (and continues to adjust)LMFAO!. PKers are learning that skillers had just as much influence on the economy as they did! As such, expect raw materials needed for leveling skills (ores, pure ess, logs, seeds, etc.) to increase in price.Once again, you have proven you are blind. The ecomony is heading for a crash.. Furries are now 3.2mil, wips are 1.3mil, and dragon longs are 77k. Sharks are 700g while lobsters are 190g. Sets of rune armor have fallen from 200k to 140k. Dragon daggers(p++) are 32k. Natures are 280g..

It appears that the 'rioters' have learned a harsh, but important, life lesson - no one is indispensable. RS did NOT exist solely for (and according to the whims of) PKers.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? RS doesn't exist for the whims of the skillers either..

I understand that for many PKing was the 'best part' of RS. I didn't agree with that, but I understood it.Okay.. then why the bloody hell are you bashing the rioters?

However, for the vast majority of people, there were other "best parts" of RS.Look at this idiot, saying his opinions belong to the "vast majority"!e again, he is blind. :roll:

Thus it is a large difference between saying "RS took away my favorite part" and "RS is ruined!"So we can't say RS is ruined because Jagex took away my favorite part and now I honestly don't feel like bothering to play it anymore??

Why don't you try applying that same bit of wisdom to your own actions? God how I loathe hypocrites..

The simple facts of full servers and crowded GE's shows that RS was NOT ruined for everyone.Full servers? That's how you judge if RS is "ruined for everyone" or not?? Lmao, lmfao.. Perhaps we have moved on and found something better to do? Trying our best to play a "ruined" RS? The quiters have quit and masses of noobs have risen to take their place..

In fact, RS seems to be going better than ever!

Translation-"If Rs isn't ruined for me, then it isn't ruined for everyone!" :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

If Runescape is getting better, explain to me why a lot of my friends are leaving, only a few being pkers?

I don't know, maybe math isn't your strong suit?

You have a some friends leaving (BTW - leaving means they haven't yet), yet the servers are still full.

Doing the math would seem to indicate that the loss of your friends hasn't affected RS in the least little bit.

Look at those two statments. Hypocricy? I think so. What you really mean to say is...

Again, you seem to have a basic lack of comprehension.

If RS was going bad for everyone, then why is everything still going great?

You state that a couple of your friends have left, yet the servers are still full, the monster areas crowded and the GE busy.

You see, if RS was going bad for everyone then these things wouldn't be happening.

The fact that they are points to the fact that RS is better for most everyone.

Really, all you just proved is that you think that because Runescape is better for YOU, it is better for EVERYONE and if it doesn't effect YOU it doesn't affect ANYONE.

No, I showed that the servers are still full and RS is still doing great.

All you've shown is a peculiar aptitude in missing the larger point.

We all get it that you and your friends aren't happy.

What you don't get is that the vast, vast majority IS happy.

Maybe you should extend your circle of friends in order to see the greater point.

Better yet, just pull up the server page and see how many people are still on.

Complain, insult and kevetch all you want, the facts point to the truth - RS has moved on since the changes with no real discernible negative impact.

Sure, they lost a couple of people. Some of these people will be missed, but I think the greater amount won't.

More importantly though is that it seems as if the number of new members is as much as, if not more than, the number of quitters.

Truth is, it ruined the game for lots of people. You have no right to say it's getting better.

I'm sorry, no 'right'??!!

I have every right to do so, especially when it's the truth.

Maybe you're happy, but the people who pked, staked, merchanted, and monster hunted with friends lost what they did for fun. Would you be happy if you lost you're favorite skill? Don't say it couldn't happen, because it could. PKing has been around since the start of runescape. After around 7 of it being part of the game, they took it away. Staking has been around almost as long, merchanting has been a major part of the game since classic, and as long as there have been monsters, people hunted them.

Again, if "most" people were impacted and "most" people "lost what they did for fun", then why are "most" people still on and still playing?

Face it, for MOST people, RS is more, MUCH more, than PKing.

Don't believe me?

Take a look at those server numbers. :thumbsup:

azdad.png

Are you out of your flipping mind? Or maybe your simply blind...

No, I actually still play the game and pay attention.

How about you? :-w

How do you know? Do you have any proof? I think not.

Have you tried to log on lately?

Seen how busy the servers are?

Have you tried hunting dragons or gone to a slayer dungeon?

Maybe checked out the GE?

You see, if you had, you would have seen no real difference in amount of activity from before the update.

Once again, you have proven you are blind. The ecomony is heading for a crash.. Furries are now 3.2mil, wips are 1.3mil, and dragon longs are 77k. Sharks are 700g while lobsters are 190g. Sets of rune armor have fallen from 200k to 140k. Dragon daggers(p++) are 32k. Natures are 280g..

Yes, PKing supplies have fallen in price. Big surprise.

However, skilling supplies have either stayed the same or risen.

Blue d'hides have risen a bit and Dragon Axes have gone up (for instance)

Maybe before you start calling other people blind you should open your OWN eyes up to the fact that PKing supplies are just one small part of the greater economy.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? RS doesn't exist for the whims of the skillers either..

It means exactly what you don't want to admit it does - RS can and will live just fine without PKing.

Okay.. then why the bloody hell are you bashing the rioters?

What part of "I disagree" are you having problems understanding? :roll:

Look at this idiot, saying his opinions belong to the "vast majority"!e again, he is blind.

Again, have you checked the server numbers recently, gone to the slayer dungeons, etc. etc.

Fact is that there is just as many, if not MORE, people on now than there was before the change.

So either the rioters are still playing while complaining, or their departure didn't cause the big problem for Jagex that they had thought (or hoped) it would.

So we can't say RS is ruined because Jagex took away my favorite part and now I honestly don't feel like bothering to play it anymore??

No, I thought I had made that pretty clear.

Why don't you try applying that same bit of wisdom to your own actions? God how I loathe hypocrites..

It must be difficult to hate something when you obviously don't understand its meaning.

Full servers? That's how you judge if RS is "ruined for everyone" or not?? Lmao, lmfao.. Perhaps we have moved on and found something better to do? Trying our best to play a "ruined" RS? The quiters have quit and masses of noobs have risen to take their place..

If RS was "ruined" no one would be playing it.

Since there are still as many people playing it now as was before indicates that for the vast, vast majority of people it isn't (and wasn't) ruined.

Cry all you want, insult me all you want, but the facts are the facts.

RS is still going great and is still very, very popular.

Translation-"If Rs isn't ruined for me, then it isn't ruined for everyone!" :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Again, full servers seem to indicate that it certainly WASN'T ruined for everyone.

In fact, it appears that it wasn't ruined for MOST everyone.

azdad.png

Full servers? its christmas break there should be twice as many players on.

Not everyone plays runescape for most of there christmas break-they could be on vacations and what not, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

I don't know, maybe math isn't your strong suit?

I'm rather good at math. Not sure what math has to do with what I said, but I'm good at it.

You have a some friends leaving (BTW - leaving means they haven't yet), yet the servers are still full.

Woah, full servers. I thought the 10 or so of my friends leaving would completly destroy the number of people playing.

Doing the math would seem to indicate that the loss of your friends hasn't affected RS in the least little bit.

Looking at the first two numbers of a 6 didgit numbes is math now? That's way beyond what I can do. You must be genius to be able to do that.

Again, you seem to have a basic lack of comprehension.

Insulting my intelligence is the best way to prove your point.

If RS was going bad for everyone, then why is everything still going great?

That wins the "Most Pointless Statement of the Year Award." Seriously though, what are you talking about?

You state that a couple of your friends have left, yet the servers are still full, the monster areas crowded and the GE busy.

The GE may be full on some worlds, but most of the worlds I've been on has had barely anyone there. On all of the worlds I've been on recently, I haven't seen any large crowds

You see, if RS was going bad for everyone then these things wouldn't be happening.

I never once said everyone, other than when I said that you seemed to think that "because Runescape is better for YOU, it is better for EVERYONE."

The fact that they are points to the fact that RS is better for most everyone.

Err... what?

Really, all you just proved is that you think that because Runescape is better for YOU, it is better for EVERYONE and if it doesn't effect YOU it doesn't affect ANYONE.

No, I showed that the servers are still full and RS is still doing great.

Find proof other than server numbers during the holidays where the majority of people have time off and can play more, please.

All you've shown is a peculiar aptitude in missing the larger point.

You're right. I'm obviously an idiot with no ability to comprehed the simpilist of statments. I should bow down to you and worship your vastly superior intellect. Oh wait, you missed my point on, what, everything?

We all get it that you and your friends aren't happy.

I never said I wasn't happy. I, personally, am fine with the update other than my friends leaving, which was a very minor part of my entire post but it seems that it's the only thing you can say to prove any of your points. I've killed 3 people in the wilderness in over 3 years of playing. Never staked in my life. World's worst merchant. F2p with low combat stats. I'm saying that the people who did those things should be allowed to keep doing what they enjoy. Oh and those friends of mine? 90 percent of them are skillers and more than half of them f2p.

What you don't get is that the vast, vast majority IS happy.

To hell with the vast majority, myself included. Minorities are just important. They may not be the largest part of Runescape, but they are still people. They deserve to be able to to what they want just as much as anyone else.

Maybe you should extend your circle of friends in order to see the greater point.

Having a go at my friends are you? Thats not very nice. My friends are mostly that "majority" you seem to love so much.

Better yet, just pull up the server page and see how many people are still on.

Once again, find a new way to prove it. You have no numbers from before and after to prove your point. You seem to think that the number of people playing has stayed the same or even gone up. I think thats a load of bull. You want me to belive that the numbers have taken no hits at all, but since the update I've seen a grand total of 3 autoers. At an average of 300 autoers per world (average number of players on each world at the least busy time minus 100) times 145 worlds. Thats 43,500 autoers gone, yet somehow the numbers have stayed the same. That doesn't even include the people who quit due to the update. So after all those people are gone, 45,000 people have suddenly started playing. Must be magic.

Complain, insult and kevetch all you want, the facts point to the truth - RS has moved on since the changes with no real discernible negative impact.

I'm yet to insult anyone, however if you'd like me too, I'll insult your intelligence like you've been doing to me. Once again, there is no negative impact to you, but there is to some.

Sure, they lost a couple of people. Some of these people will be missed, but I think the greater amount won't.

Stereotyping forthewin. What happened? Did some pker make fun of you once? The idiots are louder than the intelligent people. If you can't prove something, repeat it abunch of times and talk loudly so it looks like you know what your talking about. The people who actually know what they are talking about are less likely

More importantly though is that it seems as if the number of new members is as much as, if not more than, the number of quitters.

I want to know where you find these numbers. Either there assumptions or you made them up. The only way you could know it if you work for Jagex. Which I highly doubt (there's that insult of your intelligence I owed you).

Truth is, it ruined the game for lots of people. You have no right to say it's getting better.

I'm sorry, no 'right'??!!

I used the wrong word, kill me.

I have every right to do so, especially when it's the truth.

You say it's true, therefore it is. Me? I like proof and facts, not made up numbers and baised comments.

Maybe you're happy, but the people who pked, staked, merchanted, and monster hunted with friends lost what they did for fun. Would you be happy if you lost you're favorite skill? Don't say it couldn't happen, because it could. PKing has been around since the start of runescape. After around 7 of it being part of the game, they took it away. Staking has been around almost as long, merchanting has been a major part of the game since classic, and as long as there have been monsters, people hunted them.

Again, if "most" people were impacted and "most" people "lost what they did for fun", then why are "most" people still on and still playing?

Where the hell do I say most?

Face it, for MOST people, RS is more, MUCH more, than PKing.

Really? I had no idea.[/sarcasm]

Don't believe me?

(See above statment)

Take a look at those server numbers. :thumbsup:

Find A New Way To Prove Your Point!!!

Have fun trying to prove me wrong, I can't wait to see it. :roll:

Oh, and you seem to be confused on the definition of hypocrisy, so here it is.

Hypocrisy

The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Not everyone plays runescape for most of there christmas break-they could be on vacations and what not, aru

In the past this has been the busiest time of year for runescape.

And that aru thing is annoying, stop doing it. :?

Here are the numbers I have noticed:

Weekend(s) Before update, 8am NZ time: averages 200k players

Weekend after update, 120k people were on.

Weekend(s) before update, 8pm NZ time: Would average 140k people.

Weekend after update, 60k people were on.

This was before Christmas break, though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but back at school I learned 200k > 120k, and 140k > 60k.

99Hunterbanner3.jpg

In the past this has been the busiest time of year for runescape.

And that aru thing is annoying, stop doing it. :?

I supose the number of people has droped since the update (with all the people saying they were quiting and advising others to do the same i would have been suprised if they hadnt droped)-but it obviously wasnt enough to make a significant difference, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~