Monster "Stealing", and why it's annoying. *Pic Added*

NoMoreDead

Ok its annoying when your monster is stolen but deal with it. There's really nothing you can do to stop it and every monster is pretty much property of Jagex. If you're there for 3 hours doesn't matter. Monsters are monsters.

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

I get furious over the fact that people have no respect for people who were there before them.

Sorry to say people like that don't respect full stop. Never mind just for straling monsters...

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

It is annoying but you have to deal with it. I sometimes do "steal" other people's monsters. I won't do this if there are other monsters in the room. In less popular spots I normally just world hop. But in some spots (like hill giants in F2P), its highly unlikely that you'll find a monste that no one else is fighting. So I "steal" another players spot. Whenever the giant respawns, I try to get it before him. If I get the giant many times, the other guy will realize that I'm faster than him and leave (to steal someone else's spot). Sometimes I'm the one who's forced to leave. I just have to deal with it.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

All against the new updates, don't log in!

But I want to play... What if I log in, but put all my chats on 'off' so they don't know I'm on.

K, in the picture you told him to get some respect, whereas you're calling him a 'freaking loser' because he attacked a monster. From what I'm taking on this 'monster stealing' it is you killing the same dragon over and over, so then he comes in and attacks it the next time it spawns.

I can tell you, not everyone cares if they attack a steel or iron dragon, so just attack anything available... oh, like me. I just keep autoretaliate on and click on any dragon no one's fighting, I could care less if you killed that specific dragon the last 10 times it spawned.

Whereas you're saying there's 4 other dragons with the same drops, being the exact same monster?

Is that not the solution? What's wrong with those? You expect others to use them, but you're not yourself willing to attack these perfectly able targets?

The world will remember 9/11. The rants forum will remember 1/15.

Refering entirely of course to the runescape website's public rants forum. ~ÃÆÃâÃâ¹Ãâbligatto

I understand, no monster is MINE...but what kind of a low life no respect (could use about 1,000 explitives I'm so angry right now)

I didnt noe there were over 1000 explitives :shock:

Anyways dude, fight back. Show em who's boss. Prove it that hes weaker than you. Ks him til he cries.

Or you could just switch worlds =D

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Whereas you're saying there's 4 other dragons with the same drops, being the exact same monster?

Is that not the solution? What's wrong with those? You expect others to use them, but you're not yourself willing to attack these perfectly able targets?

I think I have the answer to that one, quoted NoMoreDead from page 1:

Oh naturally I could, but I have this wierd philosophy that if I kill the same dragon enough times, I'll get a good drop more often than if I ran around killing random (insert random high level monster here)'s the whole time. (It's done me right so far, a visage, d legs, and countless clue scrolls)

I could be wrong though.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I think I have the answer to that one, quoted NoMoreDead from page 1:

Oh naturally I could, but I have this wierd philosophy that if I kill the same dragon enough times, I'll get a good drop more often than if I ran around killing random (insert random high level monster here)'s the whole time. (It's done me right so far, a visage, d legs, and countless clue scrolls)

I could be wrong though.

Indeed, you are correct.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Is the monster your property? No? Weak rant. Also, yes, I read what your problem is but this still applies.

I disagree completely, his rant is not about ownership of the particular dragon, it's about plain and simple game ethics and respecting your fellow players...

grammar2gr8dx.png

Noob.

Lets get some things straight, RC pking is BAD, therefore you deserve to get FLAMED. Bad kills, they are defenseless people. It's like attacking a woodcutter for a yew log...

The addition of a picture to this thread has made the situation a great deal clearer. You're missing a couple of tricks.

1) Firstly, 'Get some respect you freaking loser' is a rubbish insult, and isn't going to do anything other than than give the interloper the knowledge that he's riled you. Since, potentially, this is why he's doing it, this is not a wise move.

You're not going to have any impact with conventional insulting. The key is to make them feel uncomfortable. Tell them that you can see them, sitting there in their lonely room, trying to get kicks out of inconveniencing strangers. Tell them you bet it gets them off. Ask them if it makes them feel good. Continue along these lines.

Given that RS is mostly populated with confused teenagers suffering from the onset of puberty, peculiar homoerotic undertones will usually make them run a mile.

2) Secondly, the more intelligent ones (down to about 10% by this point) will put you on ignore, which is when the next approach comes in handy. Fight for what's yours. If you've been camping at a spawn point for a while, you'll know where to position your mouse to catch it just as it spawns. Quick reactions will allow you to frustrate them. If your reactions aren't fast enough, play an FPS for a week.

You've now got someone who feels a bit weird, doesn't seem to be annoying you, and is now only getting half the xp and drops they would otherwise be getting. They won't hang around for long.

3) Thirdly, accept that sometimes monster-stealing is acceptable. For example, the number of people at the green dragons in SW Wildy has, understandably, just shot through the roof. I haven't found a world without at least three people on it for quite a while. In this circumstance, the only way I can kill them in my preferred spot is to take someone else's monster.

Do I want to do this? No. But if competition for the best spot precludes finding my own, I have no choice if I want to use it too.

The moral here is that if you want such things as 'ethics' to be adhered to ingame, you have to enforce them yourself. While your fellow TipIters can tut about monster-stealing alongside you, it won't make a bit of difference unless you do something about it.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

The addition of a picture to this thread has made the situation a great deal clearer. You're missing a couple of tricks.

1) Firstly, 'Get some respect you freaking loser' is a rubbish insult, and isn't going to do anything other than than give the interloper the knowledge that he's riled you. Since, potentially, this is why he's doing it, this is not a wise move.

You're not going to have any impact with conventional insulting. The key is to make them feel uncomfortable. Tell them that you can see them, sitting there in their lonely room, trying to get kicks out of inconveniencing strangers. Tell them you bet it gets them off. Ask them if it makes them feel good. Continue along these lines.

Given that RS is mostly populated with confused teenagers suffering from the onset of puberty, peculiar homoerotic undertones will usually make them run a mile.

2) Secondly, the more intelligent ones (down to about 10% by this point) will put you on ignore, which is when the next approach comes in handy. Fight for what's yours. If you've been camping at a spawn point for a while, you'll know where to position your mouse to catch it just as it spawns. Quick reactions will allow you to frustrate them. If your reactions aren't fast enough, play an FPS for a week.

You've now got someone who feels a bit weird, doesn't seem to be annoying you, and is now only getting half the xp and drops they would otherwise be getting. They won't hang around for long.

3) Thirdly, accept that sometimes monster-stealing is acceptable. For example, the number of people at the green dragons in SW Wildy has, understandably, just shot through the roof. I haven't found a world without at least three people on it for quite a while. In this circumstance, the only way I can kill them in my preferred spot is to take someone else's monster.

Do I want to do this? No. But if competition for the best spot precludes finding my own, I have no choice if I want to use it too.

The moral here is that if you want such things as 'ethics' to be adhered to ingame, you have to enforce them yourself. While your fellow TipIters can tut about monster-stealing alongside you, it won't make a bit of difference unless you do something about it.

Agreed 100% with you, especially on the first part. I understand fully that calling the guy/girl/kid 'a freaking loser' was probably not my best option. I was just so furious because that was about the 3rd or 4th time someone had taken a dragon from me since I posted the rant. I realize fully that it was stupid, and trust me I regret it.

Hopefully it gave an honest image of how annoyed I get at those types of people.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

I believe that wins the most accurate description of the [wagon] RS player :lol:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )