Construction - Spicy Stew & Crystal Saw

Gold_Tiger10

• [*:38emzj83]I forgot the recipe, can I still make Spicy Stew that'll temp raise a random skill?

[*:38emzj83]How good are the chances of my Spicy Stew affecting my Construction level?

[*:38emzj83]Will my Crystal Saw work on my Flame Pit? I'll have 70 con, but 77+ with Crystal Saw (if it works), Tea & Spicy Stew.

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

the orange spicy stew affects construction, just add orange spice (any amount-more spice raises the amount the lvl rises or falls) to a stew and you good to go, aru

Id suggest making a couple just incase it lowers instead.

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

In the Evil Dave Recipe for Disaster subquest, players learn how to make a special stat-boosting stew. Jagex states that the orange spice is related to Construction (among other skills). Unfortunately, the stew's stat boosts are random, and might even reduce your stats (-6 to +6). Check Tip.It's Cooking Guide for known details.

A reward from completing the Eyes of Glouphrie quest is the Crystal saw. When carried, it (invisibly) increases your construction level by 3. This boosted level does not apply to rooms, garden plants, dungeon monsters or anything that does not require a saw (things you buy). Using it with construction tea (described above, with a skill bonus of 1 to 3), it can raise your level by up to 6. It can also be used in combination with Evil Dave's stew, with a random outcome of -3 to +9.

- Source

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

And as posted in those threads, people assumed the same thing, however, the guide is wrong.

Oh no, a guide wrong? Yes it's possible. These aren't official, these are fan made.

So unless all those people are wrong, Tea and Stews don't stack.

icecube7.jpeg

And as posted in those threads, people assumed the same thing, however, the guide is wrong.

Oh no, a guide wrong? Yes it's possible. These aren't official, these are fan made.

So unless all those people are wrong, Tea and Stews don't stack.

Oh well, I'll just use Crystal Saw + Spicy Stew. Unless, my crystal saw won't work in boosting my con level to build a Flame Pit...

constr_oub_flame_pit.gif - Flame Pit - Level 77 required to build - Materials: 20 tinderboxes and 125,000 gp - Inflicts damage on players. - Oubliette - Floor

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

Yeah should work.

Anyways about your second question, I found the orange ones gave me good boosts fairly often. I got +5 smithing within 3 stews when I used them, but I don't know if it's the same for everyone.

icecube7.jpeg

Evil stew of DOOM!

Those who have started the Recipe for Disaster quest, and have got to the stage where they need to save Evil Dave will learn of the totally evil and totally spicy stew.

To get stew, you will need to get an empty bowl, fill it with water and add a potato. When you have done this, continue by adding some cooked meat, and then cook the stew on a range to complete it.

Now you have normal stew, it is time to spice things up a bit! If you head to Evil Dave's BASEMENT OF DOOM!, you will find Evil Dave himself, along with many hell-rats.

Using your cat (or soon to become hellcat), order it to chase the hellrats. When it successfully captures one, they will drop a spice shaker, one of 4 colours, which may have up to 4 doses of that colour in them.

Red spice - Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged and Magic

Orange spice - Smithing, Crafting, Fletching, Runecrafting, Cooking and Construction

Yellow spice - Prayer, Agility, Hunter, Slayer and Thieving

Brown spice - Woodcutting, Herblore, Farming, Fishing, Mining and Firemaking

How it works

You can use a maximum of 3 doses of a colour in a stew, and the colours/doses will determine what the stew will do.

To work out how the stew may effect you, you need to get the number of doses you put in, and multiply it by 2. This is the maximum you will gain or lose, please note that it is up to this number. For example, if the number is 6 you may get 4.

Of course, this means if you are lucky, you could temporarily boost any of the skills mentioned above by 6! (Or, if you are unlucky, temporarily lower the skill by 6.)

If you want an extremely random stew, try putting 3 doses of each colour in and see what happens!

- Source:

Runescape Knowledge Base

Main Menu > Manual > Skills > Cooking > Cooking - Extra Features

The reason I'm unsure if the saw will work on my Flame Pit is because it costs money to build. And things that do not require a Hammer & Saw cannot be boosted with the Crystal Saw. So I want to make sure first.

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!