abuse consequences

wouldn't it be nice if you see what consequences the abuser gets, you get a message in your mailbox when they have read the report and decided, after you've reported him, else you don't know if they really understood you, or it has effect

what you think?

• 3 years later...

Constanti is a friend of me and he stopped playing about 2,5 years ago...

Post created 2005, he still got my support, but I think Jagex don't want to do this.

1: Because they don't want you to know or the other person is actually banned (lets report zezima, one week later wow he actually really received blackmarks thanks to me !).

2: To much work for them

Jagex doesn't even tell you your reportquality if you ask for it ;).

They wouldn't have to tell us exactly what they did with the report. I mean, that would pretty much be violating the "privacy" of the player. Though, they could give us a general idea about the reporting quality. Like a percentage or something.

It's a valid thread. It still makes sense and applies to today's runescape.

As for making them public, I think this goes against Jagex's privacy policy where all the actions are between the player and Jagex. It would be a double standard for jagex to do this.

tfssig.png

Violation of privacy.

The coding wouldnt be too hard to do.

Think of each black mark as a case. They have who reported the person, which is how they pick moderators, so, there is no reason they can't give us a percentage of abuse reports that turned out positive, negative, etc. If its not dealt with/false report it would fall under another category.

But nothing regarding names or the offense.