All My Sigs - Abstract Sig & The One Ring

Du_ende

I made this sig earlier but forgot to post it :wall:

Anyways the render wasn't to great i got started and once it way on a background i noticed it still had a lot of white(apparently the guy who rendered it just used a magic wand :shame: )I wasn't about to clean it up thats why i download others render so i don't have to, but once i started it i went ahead and kept going I don't think it turned out to bad but it definetly would be better with a clean render. Anyways here it is once again i went with the 400x120 size i like it better for certain renders especially wide ones.

2136741116_8068fc5ef3_o.jpg

Let me know wat yall think. By the way the text is called baphomet in case anyone wants it.

2279975784_bd37050747.jpg

[sig gallery and shop][play Extreme Space Invaders]

-.:free to download:.-^

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here my new sig I tried out a new size its 400x120 instead of 400x150. I like the size cause it gives it a more panoramic view. Instead of just putting the text into a separate layer then adding another layer on top of that This time I added it into the blended layer and smudged some blending onto the text. I also worked on the blending more I smudged the render then smudged the blue back over some of the smudged render. I think it looks a lot better than my other sigs and its much cleaner looking. Let me know wat you think. I also increased the size of the border from 1px to 2px's

2135831226_9f0a6bc2c2_o.jpg

This one is actually your best so far, great job. The brushing is very well done -- I like the style and it looks like you are starting to really get a good sense of color theory in you. Also, I don't know if it was intended or not, but the focal point is done well -- leading you up to him and then down to the text.

My only large crits for this are, first, the guy is a little odd. I know and understand what you are doing but looking at it too much it starts to look strange. Perhaps keep a bit more of him in the signature?

The text also is still poor. It's difficult to read, and while it does fit well I would make it more readable.

2136741116_8068fc5ef3_o.jpg

This one is ok too, but IMO you overbrushed the render and some of the oranges you used are fairly meh. However you did the text well, props on that.

Really however, the improvements you are making here are phenominal. If you keep it up like that you'll be a great artist in no time. I'm just really happy to see someone taking in criticisms and applying it to his further works.

Great job again, keep up the good work.

Really however, the improvements you are making here are phenominal. If you keep it up like that you'll be a great artist in no time. I'm just really happy to see someone taking in criticisms and applying it to his further works.

I noticed that too, not many people who start with making signatures improve so fast.

I would like to see your work in 2 months time. :wink:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

This one is actually your best so far, great job. The brushing is very well done -- I like the style and it looks like you are starting to really get a good sense of color theory in you. Also, I don't know if it was intended or not, but the focal point is done well -- leading you up to him and then down to the text.

My only large crits for this are, first, the guy is a little odd. I know and understand what you are doing but looking at it too much it starts to look strange. Perhaps keep a bit more of him in the signature?

The text also is still poor. It's difficult to read, and while it does fit well I would make it more readable.

This one is ok too, but IMO you overbrushed the render and some of the oranges you used are fairly meh. However you did the text well, props on that.

Thanks for the comments The focus shift was something i was trying out I'm glad you noticed :thumbsup: . I was trying something new out on the text but on the second one i just changed the blending instead of smudging it into the background.

I noticed that too, not many people who start with making signatures improve so fast.

I would like to see your work in 2 months time. :wink:

Thanks both of you. I like getting feedback and being able to improve my work. The links and comments yall have provided have been invaluable. I decided on this render for my next signature.I'll post it soon :o

normal_King%20of%20Fighters.png

I'll be focusing in on the face. So most of it won't be in the sig cause i don't wanna shrink the image to much.

Well heres the new one i promised. I made it for my sister and she choose the font (I think it looks weird). Anyways since im never gonna use it if anyone want to use it let me know and i'll switch the name (and font if wanted). Anyways here it is:

2137814137_ca3f80ac94_o.jpg

I tried not to over blend this time.

Well heres the new one i promised. I made it for my sister and she choose the font (I think it looks weird). Anyways since im never gonna use it if anyone want to use it let me know and i'll switch the name (and font if wanted). Anyways here it is:

2137814137_ca3f80ac94_o.jpg

I tried not to over blend this time.

Again, I see improvement.

CC:

There are 2 different kinds of color at the left and right side, try to find a balance between the 2. The right color pink could have been used on the left side as well.

carsignatureis3.jpg

Thanks again for the sig, bro. I'm going to be using it on another site for now. I might use it on here sooner or later.

~ Unlocked

No Problem let me know if u ever want another one i can use the practice :P

Again, I see improvement.

CC:

There are 2 different kinds of color at the left and right side, try to find a balance between the 2. The right color pink could have been used on the left side as well.

Thanks for the comment this was the first time i tried using C4D's in my sig and I like how it turned out (I got the idea to use em from Runemetsa's video) I also got some psd files to displace the background the C4D's were placed on (I had read about it but wasn't real sure how they worked until i saw it again in Runemetsa's video)

I'll be using this render next.

girl.png

And I think i'll go for a gold-ish background

I got the sig done and tried a lot of new things in this one. The most important thing i tried is adding lighting effects. \' I made the light come from the top right from where shes looking. I also added a hue/saturation layer to adjust the color of the C4D's i used since i was going for a particular look I went with many different color C4D's to get the look then i added the hue/saturation layer to make them gold-ish. I like the way it turned out. Let me know what you think :P

2139456306_3040017e60_o.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that the lighting effects made the blending less noticable around the cape area, but as soon as i noticed windows notified me that photoshop stopped working and i can't recover the psd version of the sig all i had saved was the jpg web version :shock: anyways i still don't think it looks bad. Oh Well can't do anything about it now.

He looks like he has dirt on his cheek :P Anyway your second last one is good, the blending is shown in it, and I think you've improved in that one, but I don't like the new one. I can't really give any CC it just looks a little too red..

17298good124cmredsadlfkjlaksdf.png

Add me ingame: Lnterest. I am back.

The lighting effect caused it to look like there was dirt on his cheeks. So i flipped the lighting to the opposite direction. He still has a dark-ish spot on his cheek but now it looks much better not like dirt.

2140183478_dd0ba6d346_o.jpg

I also put this together. I'm not a big Zelda Fan so if anyone wants to use it just PM me and i'll change the name.

2139429065_f48c55d9bc_o.jpg

Bravo at the gold one! 10/10 :)

You're really good at this.

Two questions:

What program do you use?

What brushes do you use?

Thanks for the comments. I really like the gold one also.

I use photoshop CS2 and for the brushes I have downloaded them all from Deviant Art they are:

Grunge and Such by MachinaIgnotus

abstrachvsgrunge2 by alias

Comet brush by Faeth Design

Electic Curls Brushes by Baringa of the Wind

Fractal Brushes (Unknown)

Galaxies by Sunira

Ghost Abstract Brushes 12 (Unknown)

Girugamesh Fukai no Yami (

RisingSun Brushes by Blazter

Simple Tiny Text (unknown and havent used -didn't like)

SS Flames (Unknown)

I've also been using C4D's in the last couple and i really like how they have turned out.

Also I've you haven't noticed I'm offering a couple I've made for free and also taking request just read the request fold on the first post.

^ Thank you for the list. ::'

No Problem. I may move the list to the first post to make it more accessible to anyone else who may want the information for there own work. :-k

I have some friends coming over for a couple of days so i won't be making as many sigs as usual as my RS time will be down. I'll try and get at least one done tonight and post it here.

As promised here's a new sig and this one is available to the first person to request by PM just check out the request fold on the first post to see how to make a request. anyways hope yall like it :P

2141509163_3224e2f257_o.jpg

I like it! The only problem is the pixely splatters above her left wing.

8.5/10

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

I like it! The only problem is the pixely splatters above her left wing.

8.5/10

Thanks for the comments I actually left the pixely part there to contrast the different between the background and the render. without it all focus on the image started to be lost.

Anyways I had time to make another signature cause my friend wanted to see how I do it and so i made this. Hes not much of a forum browser knida guy so Im also giving this one away just look under the request fold on the first post and be the first one to ask to get it.

2142454824_2653af00c4_o.jpg

let me know what yall think

A simple tip, about the border (To get the result you have in your current sig)

After you are done making your signature:

New Layer (Ctrl+Shift+N) > Select Rec. Marquee Tool > Right Click on Canvas > Stroke > 1 px black, Normal mode > Ok > Left click or Right click and Deselect. :wink:

Borders wont look bad and brushes wont overflow the border.

carsignatureis3.jpg

A simple tip, about the border (To get the result you have in your current sig)

After you are done making your signature:

New Layer (Ctrl+Shift+N) > Select Rec. Marquee Tool > Right Click on Canvas > Stroke > 1 px black, Normal mode > Ok > Left click or Right click and Deselect. :wink:

Borders wont look bad and brushes wont overflow the border.

Thanks for the tip I've been just changing the canvas size when i get done then i have to go through all the layers and erase anything that overlaps, Sometime stuff slips through unnoticed until it gets posted.