The Conclave - From Drawingboard to Forumboard

Ts_Stormrage

It has been a while, and it took many times of re-thinking and re-planning and with the recent updates it even took some scrapping of entire concepts, but its finally here...

Wednesday December 19th, I and 3 other clanleaders were granted access to the (still) private forums of The Conclave, and to the usergroup to add the VIPs from our Clans as well...

The Conclave is there for ALL clans who have their members post on Tip.it rather then another fansite, and it is aimed to generate a lot more traffic in the Clan section of these forums...

Tip.it's clan section has long been quiet, and over the last good while (I think about a year now) some ideas were tried and ditched, some were only discussed and some never even got the attention they deserved... Tip.it staff themselves have already consented in providing these forums with un-biased mods, but the main thing this clan section here does not have over the others, are clans...

The Conclave is a cooperation of clans, a leaderboard if you will, where the leaders and their staff or other vital people to this endeavour can discuss and execute plans as they are made... The idea is to make it attractive for clans to come here, and who better to make that happen then a cooperation of other clans?

That's right, the clans currently working in The Conclave know what they want from Tip.it, and if they are not alone in such ways of thinking, then why not gather the support of others and just make your idea happen... If you, as a clan, like it, then surely other clans will like it too?

As said The Conclave is there to debate and fine-tune those ideas and put them into practise...

So far a few major ideas are being worked on;

- The Clan Events team has tested the water, and passed, although it needed some refining... We're looking to get it going as soon as possible again...

- The Conclave Academy is an idea still under heavy debate on how to execute it precisely, but it is supposed to make FA lists obsolete... Instead a joint venture where people will be tested by tutors from ALL clans part of The Conclave will be called into life, so that they may teach people who wish to be in a clan... The details are currently on the private Conclave boards, but I'm happy to explain the details with you...

- An idea by Dbzruler72 was to have some sort of Clanwar Ranking system, which looks promising and very easy to execute, but it requires more clans to participate in this...

Currently the (co-) founding clans (and their respective leaders) are:

Tal Shiar Alliance (Ts Stormrage)

Militos Deci (Bufoman)

*-P.K. Masters-* (Dbzruler72)

Guild of Elite Skillers (Wild Goat 14)

If your clan has the lionshare of their members also post on Tip.it rather then anywhere else, then come and talk to us, and we'll let you in on all of it :)

We'll keep you informed of The Conclave's progress untill such a time that we can go public...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

There's no reason why not to pursue such a venture. It's something a clan community in its entirety would benefit from and can only lead to common structures and concepts. That may come in the form of competitive and universally recognised rankings, tournaments, an amalgamated blacklist, among many other things. I believe the tip.it clan community would benefit enormously from this. :P

Ex-Gladz leader as of January 10th, 07.

Ex-TMRD Council as of June 1st, 07.

Co-Founder of TR as of 29th of July, 07.

|Des Troyer|

Hi Des... Thanks for voicing your opinion mate...

Know that I'll be at your doorstep soon to convince you to be a part of this too :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!