Why didn't Jagex just remove skilling?

Sly_Wizard

No one has to PK, merchant, or stake either. They want to do all those.

Wow... Welcome to the point of the thread. Better late than never, I suppose.

Removing skilling would be saying "OK Autoers, we get it, you win. We have no choice but to remove wooductting, fishing, mining, and runecrafting, because you've ruined them."

Removing PK-ing, on the other hand, was like saying: Since you've abused your ability to do A, we're taking away B to make sure A is no longer abused and can return to normal. (A = skilling, B = Pking.)

...What? I'm sorry, but that's-- Quite possibly-- One of the dumbest arguments I've heard in, like, well... Ever!

How would removing woodcutting, fishing and mining be anything like telling auto'ers they win? Auto'ers don't want those skills gone, as they'd only hurt themselves. Removing those skills would, in essence, be saying "You abused your right to these skills, and now we're taking them away!" and would throw a serious wrench in RWT. Seriously. You take away the activities auto'ers directly engage in; Not the ones they don't.

Common sense ftw?

More precisely, if RS were an arch, then skills would be the keystone that holds the whole thing together, while pking would be a few strands of ivy growing across the archway. Get it?

I'm tired of responding to this argument. Read the thread.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...What? I'm sorry, but that's-- Quite possibly-- One of the dumbest arguments I've heard in, like, well... Ever!

Coming from the man wanting to get rid of skills.

Anyways, they took out PKing and gave Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars. They took out Staking and gave Tournaments. If they took out Skills, what would they replace it with? Oh and actually answer the question please, don't avoid it. <3:

Hey Sly, taken a look at your skill levels recently, you know, the ones that you're ranked in in the high scores, in every category?

Guess what? You're not ranked in any of the PKing replacements! Could this possibly mean that even YOU consider skills more important than PKing?

Mostly I was surprised you were ranked somewhat high in the skills you suggested to be removed. And as previously stated, not ranked in anything Player Killing related.

Twibb.png

Hey Sly, taken a look at your skill levels recently, you know, the ones that you're ranked in in the high scores, in every category?

Guess what? You're not ranked in any of the PKing replacements! Could this possibly mean that even YOU consider skills more important than PKing?

Mostly I was surprised you were ranked somewhat high in the skills you suggested to be removed. And as previously stated, not ranked in anything Player Killing related.

He knows Jagex would never remove skills. He just likes to debate I suppose.

The private server you played can be compared to MapleStory, just some PvP grind game.

Just because MapleStory was centered around PvP doesn't mean that RuneScape can take a turn for the worse and head in that direction, though.

"Just some PvP grind game?!" What is Runescape then, a fish? Runescape is all about grinding now, except it's the "Just some skill grind" game. Come to think of it, it always has been about grinding.. Go figure. -.-

Because only ~10-15% of the RS population pked, and pking can be turned into minigames.

Assuming things makes an [wagon] out of you and me. 90% of statistics are made up 30% of the time. :roll: I'm not going to bother commenting how Pking can apparently be made into a minigame.

Many of the p2p quests require certain levels of these skills. If you take out these skills, then the quest would have to be taken out too

Why take out the qyest when you can simply just adjust the skill levels?

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Please. I haven't gained a single skill level (That means both combat and non-combat) since Jagex removed PK'ing from the wilderness and tried instead to give us BH as a replacement. The fact that I'm not ranked in anything dealing with BH is a testament to the fact that it's utter crap. I'm going to sit here and give you every reason why BH is a total failure, as I'm sure you can find one of the hundred threads stating why it's not worth it. In fact, this is what I think of BH:

Garbage.jpg

*Points above*

There's no point in playing BH when you get jumped by no less than twenty people as soon as you enter.

Coming from the man wanting to get rid of skills.

*Shakes head in shame*

Read the thread. Seriously.

Anyway, they took out PKing and gave Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars. They took out Staking and gave Tournaments.

Neither of which are suitable replacements. Anyone who participated in PK'ing or staking could tell you that. But I digress, as it's really not pertinent to the discussion at hand.

If they took out Skills, what would they replace it with? Oh and actually answer the question please, don't avoid it. <3:

I already answered this. They wouldn't need to replace them. Just take the aforementioned skills out and adjust the quest requirements accordingly. I believe I said this on page one.

*Shakes head in shame*

But I did, Sly. You want Jagex to take Fishing, Woodcutting, and Mining out. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me...

They never removed a skill before. If they did they, as you said, they would have to adjust the quests, get rid of a lot of items (axes, fishing rods, ore, etc), and plus get rid of the skill out of the Hiscores. Those with millions and millions of xp in those skills wouldn't be too happy about wasting all that time for the sole purpose of getting their ranks.

See here Sly, its not a gigantic hassle to remove Pking from the game. Pking isn't what sets Runescape apart from any other MMORPG out there, its the skills that do. I submit to you that most people, as I've said before, use those skills to make a living, or as an aid as to how they actually do make their living. (Fletching, Smithing, Fish for food in Combat...etc).

Zierro has a point. They'd flash the whole banks out, eliminate logs, ores, fish, bars, make a big hassle in the programming to redesign combat so that everything would drop some form of armor or weapon, and so much more, not to mention wiping hiscores and skills in those high scores. Tutorial Island, totally different. All mining sites, trees, fishing spots, fishing icons, mining icons, all gone. Tutors also gone. The game would seem empty. The main part of Runescape is not PKing. At all. I hadn't even heard of the wilderness for about two weeks of playing. I had however, heard about fishing, mining, and woodcutting. That's what I mainly did. Probably many other newbies starting out did the same thing.

Twibb.png

*Shakes head in shame*

But I did, Sly. You want Jagex to take Fishing, Woodcutting, and Mining out. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me...

They never removed a skill before. If they did they, as you said, they would have to adjust the quests, get rid of a lot of items (axes, fishing rods, ore, etc), and plus get rid of the skill out of the Hiscores. Those with millions and millions of xp in those skills wouldn't be too happy about wasting all that time for the sole purpose of getting their ranks.

I have 37 million xp in combat skills thats the equivilant of 3 99's and sly has even more then i do, consider that in your arguement.

I have 37 million xp in combat skills thats the equivilant of 3 99's and sly has even more then i do, consider that in your arguement.

Your point...? Seriously, how does that fact change anything at all?

Consider this in your argument: Jagex never removed PVP Combat. They changed it. Your combat skills still exist. You didn't lose any of your work gaining that XP.

Sly is suggesting the REMOVAL of some of the skills. He even said himself that there would be no replacement just more monster drops to collecting resources. This means, since there would be no replacement, all that XP those skillers gained went completely to waste. He wants the skills to be REMOVED, not CHANGED like PVP was.

Your point...? Seriously, how does that fact change anything at all?

Consider this in your argument: Jagex never removed PVP Combat. They changed it. Your combat skills still exist. You didn't lose any of your work gaining that XP.

Sly is suggesting the REMOVAL of some of the skills. He even said himself that there would be no replacement just more monster drops to collecting resources. This means, since there would be no replacement, all that XP those skillers gained went completely to waste. He wants the skills to be REMOVED, not CHANGED like PVP was.

No idiot, effectivally my combat skills are null becouse what i trained them for is gone.

Solo pvp was REMOVED, not changed.

No idiot, effectivally my combat skills are null becouse what i trained them for is gone.

First, please learn to spell before insulting someone's intelligence. :) (effectively* and because*)

Second, there is no piling or teaming in Duel Tournaments. That is solo. You can still duel regularly too but without staking. That is solo. Also, Jagex said they would be releasing another solo PVP mini game. So, Mr. Genius, solo PVP was not REMOVED. Even if it was removed you still have multiplayer PVP. Welcome to an MMORPG.

Your combat skills still have use. That is like saying "Oh I got 70 Attack but then they nerfed the Whip's Spec! Now I wasted all that time training!"

First, please learn to spell before insulting someone's intelligence. :) (effectively* and because*)

Second, there is no piling or teaming in Duel Tournaments. That is solo. You can still duel regularly too but without staking. That is solo. Also, Jagex said they would be releasing another solo PVP mini game. So, Mr. Genius, solo PVP was not REMOVED. Even if it was removed you still have multiplayer PVP. Welcome to an MMORPG.

Your combat skills still have use. That is like saying "Oh I got 70 Attack but then they nerfed the Whip's Spec! Now I wasted all that time training!"

Your a moron, btw spelling has nothing to do with intelligence.

I wont even bother trying to explain anything to you becouse your clearly ignorant.

Duel tournaments are not even close to solo pking.

The reason i trained my stats is gone hence that training was wasted.

Hate to break it to you, but smart people generally spell well.

I agree with Zierro. He's putting what I tried to say with all my rambling and nonsense into something that isn't nonsense or rambling.

You're saying, I have 37 million XP in Combat, well guess what? Combat isn't removed. Just a type of combat, as Zierro said, was changed.

Sly wants the skills gone, not changed, not replaced, not in any way having any consolation for their removal. However, the removal of a PKing Wilderness, has Bounty Hunter, Duel Arena, Duel Tournaments, and did any of you arguing actually read one of Jagex's news posts clearly stating that there would be a NEW PvP area? (Note, they did say PvP...)

Your a moron, btw spelling has nothing to do with intelligence.

I wont even bother trying to explain anything to you becouse your clearly ignorant.

Duel tournaments are not even close to solo pking.

The reason i trained my stats is gone hence that training was wasted.

If that's your opinion on spelling, then I won't bring it up.

Yeah, the reason you trained your stats is gone. BUT YOUR STATS THEMSELVES ARE NOT! Sorry for all caps, but it seems like the only way to get through to you.

Twibb.png

I know an army engineer here in canberra who cant spell worth a damn, he can however design and build a dune buggy out of scrap metal.

Is he stupid?, spelling and intellect are not linked, you can have a poor school education and still be very smart.

You can also be brought up in a different country and be a biologist but if you cant spell perfect english your not intelligent?.

I left school in the 8th grade, doesnt mean im not intelligent, in fact im most likely a lot smarter then you think you are.

I know an army engineer here in canberra who cant spell worth a damn, he can however design and build a dune buggy out of scrap metal.

Is he stupid?, spelling and intellect are not linked, you can have a poor school education and still be very smart.

You can also be brought up in a different country and be a biologist but if you cant spell perfect english your not intelligent?.

I left school in the 8th grade, doesnt mean im not intelligent, in fact im most likely a lot smarter then you think you are.

Right, first off, that's completely off the topic of skills, Pking, or Runescape at all. I just mentioned smart people generally spell well.

And it says you're from Australia, so clearly you speak English as your native language, unless I'm a moron who knows squat about Australia.

Now back to the topic anyone?

Twibb.png

Right... (so tockihng lyk dis meens ur smahrt?) And having a different opinion on a debatable topic means I'm a moron? I'm arguing with a lurer and a dropout. I think that says enough.

Jagex has commonsense, so they wouldn't remove any skills. Case closed.

Right... (so tockihng lyk dis meens ur smahrt?) And having a different opinion on a debatable topic means I'm a moron? I'm arguing with a lurer and a dropout. I think that says enough.

Jagex has commonsense, so they wouldn't remove any skills. Case closed.

Its typing not talking, and yes if your smart you can type like that and it doesnt mean your not intelligent.

My best friend has dyslexia and works as a civil engineer, if youi think spelling has anything to do with intelligence then your ARE a moron.

Yeah i dropped out, and im making 120,000$ a year, own my apartment, own my car, and am looking for a second property to invest in, im proud of dropping out, school did [cabbage] all for me.

And sly is not and never has been a lurer, dont make random [cabbage] up.

We were pkers, we trained our stats to pk, your being stupid by saying the points we are making are not the same..

Imagine if jagex removed all trees but normal trees, your skills still there, but you cant cut magic or yew logs anymore, would you be happy?.

You're missing the point, 123. If they took out Magic Trees and Yew Trees then they would have to give a replacement like they did for PKing/Staking. For the millionth time, PVP was not REMOVED - it was CHANGED.

If this whole thing is about how you miss making money, then train your stats and win some tournies.

By the way, you can keep calling me a moron, I really don't care. Good luck on your quest to 3k posts of flaming.

*Wields anti-flaming shield*

You're missing the point, 123. If they took out Magic Trees and Yew Trees then they would have to give a replacement like they did for PKing/Staking. For the millionth time, PVP was not REMOVED - it was CHANGED.

If this whole thing is about how you miss making money, then train your stats and win some tournies.

By the way, you can keep calling me a moron, I really don't care. Good luck on your quest to 3k posts of flaming.

*Wields anti-flaming shield*

A REPLACEMENT?

Ok picture this, they replace your yew and magic trees with a tree that if you attempt to cut it alone your axe breaks, if you cut it with a group as soon as you get a log you get a skull on your head, all the other woodcutters attack you and you cant log out for 3 minutes.

Bounty hunter and tournaments were not a replacement, they are garbage.

Thats like saying pantera should get back together with kurt cobaine on guitar..

Your not a pker, its obvious so you have no idea what you are talking about.

And you are not a skiller so you don't know what you're talking about either. People woodcut to woodcut. People play Bounty Hunter to fight. There is no combat involved in woodcutting so your comparison is obsolete. Saying that you'll get attacked by other woodcutters if you get a log is just blowing everything out of proportion. It just sounds to me like someone can't find a good clan.

By the way, I'm not only defending Woodcutting just because I'm 99. I'm arguing that the removal of a skill (any skill, even herblore) is a horrible idea.