A Quest and a solution: The Kooky Vendor���¢�¢â�š�¬�¢â�ž�¢s Dilemma

gadien01

I must warn you that this is very long read, but it has a purpose. Tell me what you think about the quest and if its worth doing for the rewards.

The Kooky VendorÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Dilemma

Goal- To get the Kooky Vendor, Zane, a potion made from the ancient fish Balmy (resembles a miniature leviathan, but its still huge, once thought to be extinct but they have been seen again) to cure his curse of unstoppable jitters.

Difficulty level- Medium Hard

Members quest- No

Required Skills-Mining- 70,Smithing- 75, Woodcutting- 65, Cooking-83 (have to have this one), Fishing- at least 83 (have to have this one), Completed Dragon Slayer (have to have this),Ability to kill a level 130 creature.

Reward- The ability to shop at his store (buy all event items and some other rare items), 600,000 gold, a Cat in a Hat style hat that is dyeable.

Zane is the owner of the Kooky Shop which is located in Varrock. This shop is said to sell the rarest items in all of runescape. But as of late no one has been able to buy these items from Zane because it seems that he has gone mad. Any time he is approached he jumps, shakes, or flinches and randomly yells out strange comments mostly revolving around old children rhymes. It is your job to investigate what has befallen this Kooky Vendor.

Zane- Hello

You- Well you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t seem as odd as everyone says you are.

Zane- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers!

You- Whoa.

Zane- Sorry IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been cursed; An old women lived in a shoe! With the jitters.

You- Cursed with what?

Zane- wa-ith-th-th-th the ji- it- iters

Zane- Sorry. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve Been cursed with Jitters thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s why I act this way.

You-Is there anything I can do to cure these ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅjittersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Å?

Zane- Yes, but: his face gets redder as he says Baa, baa, black sheep! He walks over to his desk and hand you a piece of paper and mutters

Instructions- Sorry about the note, but itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the only way I can communicate with out these blasted jitters getting in the way. If you havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t found out by talking to me I have been cursed by the evil witch Hetty for not inviting her to the opening of The Kooky Shop. It seems she was very intrigued by the items that I had for sale and was so disappointed by being left out that she put this diabolical curse upon me. Now I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t stop saying childish nursery rhymes or stuttering as you already know.

Since you have this piece of paper you have agreed to help me cure these jitters. I have been told by the Apothecary that the only known cure is to drink an elixir made from the legendary Balmy fish. Sadly, this fish has not been seen amongst the lands of runescape for centuries, but there are rumors that it still exists today. Supposedly, the pirate Redbeard Frank has seen this fish himself on one of his great escapades. If this story is true you must got to Redbeard Frank and ask him where to find this fish, catch it, and cook it to procure the potion that will cure these blasted jitters for good. You will be greatly rewarded if you are able to do this task for me.

Go to Redbeard and ask him about the fish.

Redbeard- That was some fine ale that you got for me. What can I do for ye?

You- I heard Rumors that you have seen the legendary fish Balmy. Is this true?

Redbeard- It be true. I did see the beast once. Many a full moon ago.

You- Would you be able to take me there?

Redbeard- Nay my sailing day be over. ButÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

You- Some more Karamja rum.?

Redbeard- No, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had my fill. But if you could get me a jug of ZamorackÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s WineÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ.now thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a mighty brew!

Go to Temple of Zamorack NE of Faldor and obtain the wine. And bring it back to Redbeard

You- I got the wine.

Redbeard - Give here laddy. Hmm now that hitÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the spot. Eye I can take you there if you have a boot, but I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know how to catch the fish.

You- Do you know who does?

Redbeard - Eye, Ned the FishermanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s great-great-great grandfather was said to be the last person to catch one. He should know how to do it.

Go to Ned the Fisherman

You- Hello Ned

Ned- Well hello what can I do for you.

You- I heard that your great-great-great grandfather was the last person to catch the legendary Balmy. Is this true?

Ned- Yes it is, but why do you need to know.

You- I plan to catch it!

Ned- You are crazy! They havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t been seen centuries.

You- I am be, but I need to know how to catch it?

Ned- I still say your crazy, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m willing to help a friend.

He walks away for a second to retrieve a book. Looks in for a moment.

Ned- Ah here it is, the trick to catch the Balmy written down in my great-great-great grandfatherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s journal. It seems that you need a special fishing pole and bait. The fishing pole is made of ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åa hook as strong as the earth itselfÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

High requirements, I wouldn't do it due to the fact i'd rather train combat stats than cut trees.

You missed the fact that you don't have to cut the yew logs yourself. The only actual required skills are fishing and cooking because you can't trade the fish.

Another idea made by someone that is too poor to afford p hats. :roll:

Its not the fact that I can't afford Phats. I've already expalined this to you. Give me a few of days, lets say 3, and I can have 20mill. Its the fact that their prices aren't stable. If this ever came out then the Phats would still be expensive, prob around the same price they are now, but it would force the price to stablize. Thats what this quest is all about stablizing the price of tradeable rares and allowing the non-tradeable items to be bought if someone missed the holiday event.

pretty good quest,I think that the requirements should be lowered slighly to like 60ish fishing and cooking since not than many people on f2p have stats like that,otherwise a pretty nice quest 9/10

rssig4copy.gif

Non-tradeable rares should NEVER be changed because they're meant to show how long you've been around, not to be able to be obtained by every bob and tom.

Rares like party hats and masks should NEVER be changed because they're here to show wealth. I would be VERY pissed if some newb could just walk into a store and buy one, dumping more and more of them into the economy.

Non-tradeable rares should NEVER be changed because they're meant to show how long you've been around, not to be able to be obtained by every bob and tom.

Rares like party hats and masks should NEVER be changed because they're here to show wealth. I would be VERY pissed if some newb could just walk into a store and buy one, dumping more and more of them into the economy.

That's your opinion on why they're around. Many people, if not most, want rares for merchanting so they can make HUGE profits. I find that really lame. If you're really wearing your hat to show you've been playing a while, fine, but I'd rather a player infer that from my combat level.

I say this all the time, but JAGeX themselves are against the marketing of rares (it's true, check the FAQ). They should make them all untradeable, but too many merchants would get mad and possibly quit.

So, I guess that means I don't care about this quest. Sorry :)

lpinkus

You are an idot. Obviouly a noob wouldn't beable to walk into a store and buy the phats and mask if this quest was ever implemented, because of the huge requirements to complete the quest. Not only that I've already stated that the phats and hallowen maks would be around the same price as their current street value. The only thing this does is stops the inflation of these items and the ability to reap huge profits. Thats it, nothing more! I think the reason you don't agree with this is because you horad a full set of phats and you are one of the merchants that causes this to be problem in the first place.

You are an idot. Obviouly a noob wouldn't beable to walk into a store and buy the phats and mask if this quest was ever implemented, because of the huge requirements to complete the quest. Not only that I've already stated that the phats and hallowen maks would be around the same price as their current street value. The only thing this does is stops the inflation of these items and the ability to reap huge profits. Thats it, nothing more! I think the reason you don't agree with this is because you horad a full set of phats and you are one of the merchants that causes this to be problem in the first place.

No, you sir are an idiot. :roll:

I have ONE PARTY HAT that I've had for a long time and that I'm never going to trade as long as I play runescape because it's my favorite item in game. The inflation rate isn't by party hats, idiot, because party hats can't dump more money into the economy, the inflation is mainly from stupid fletching and how easy it is to get 99 by high alching the bows made.

Oh and any newb can get those stats in a couple months, party hats take a long time to earn if you don't know what you're doing when it comes to making money.

Gadien, ignore the stpid people who can't understand why people would want to stabilize rare prices. I, for one, think this is a stellar idea! Granted, I'd probably never be able to buy the items because I don't make that much...at all...or even want a rare, but for those who want one and don't trust the greedy marketers *coughep1demiccough*, this is a great idea. And who knows, by introducing more rares into circulation, it might even bring the street price down to more reasonable levels.

To the person who said the requirements should be lowered: No. Something like this would need high level requirements to prevent lazy noobs from getting it. And I don't want to hear about "Any noob can get their levels that high in a few months". Baloney. I've been playing for years and only have lvl71 combat, 72 mining and 63 smithing, and about all I train is mining and smithing. If anything, I'd suggest raising the required skills (fishing and cooking) a bit to thwart the autoers.

Otherwise, though, this is a great suggestion. Somehow I doubt Jagex would use it, but it's a good idea anyway.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

it would have been a good idea if it had gone in at the same time as the first holiday drop, or atleast before the prices reached millions. now if you stuck it in youd have people that had spent billions on their rare items committing suicide as the price falls down to below the 600k mark.

perhaps it could be bought in, but only if the price of the rares matched the price that people are paying today.

Gadien, ignore the stpid people who can't understand why people would want to stabilize rare prices. I, for one, think this is a stellar idea! Granted, I'd probably never be able to buy the items because I don't make that much...at all...or even want a rare, but for those who want one and don't trust the greedy marketers *coughep1demiccough*, this is a great idea. And who knows, by introducing more rares into circulation, it might even bring the street price down to more reasonable levels.

To the person who said the requirements should be lowered: No. Something like this would need high level requirements to prevent lazy noobs from getting it. And I don't want to hear about "Any noob can get their levels that high in a few months". Baloney. I've been playing for years and only have lvl71 combat, 72 mining and 63 smithing, and about all I train is mining and smithing. If anything, I'd suggest raising the required skills (fishing and cooking) a bit to thwart the autoers.

Otherwise, though, this is a great suggestion. Somehow I doubt Jagex would use it, but it's a good idea anyway.

--Darg--

Ya, I'm a greedy marketer because I bought my party hat a long time ago and never intend on selling it. :roll:

perhaps it could be bought in, but only if the price of the rares matched the price that people are paying today.

Thats the plan, they'd only be slighly cheaper to make the affect more noticeable.

The inflation rate isn't by party hats, idiot, because party hats can't dump more money into the economy, the inflation is mainly from stupid fletching and how easy it is to get 99 by high alching the bows made.

Oh and any newb can get those stats in a couple months, party hats take a long time to earn if you don't know what you're doing when it comes to making money.

Obviouly you still don't get it. Its not about controlling general inflation. It about controlling the inflation of rares! Thats it!. And you also don't get the fact that the rares would still around their current street value when sold from the store. All this does is stablize the price of rares, by making them more abundant. They'd still be as expensive as they are now, and thus just as hard to obtain, if not harder for the simple fact that thoes stats take longer to obtain then money. Any noob can raise 20mil by merchanting or working for someone else, but stats take time and knowledge of the game to get. I guess you need bold faced words to have make a simple concept more clear

The inflation rate isn't by party hats, idiot, because party hats can't dump more money into the economy, the inflation is mainly from stupid fletching and how easy it is to get 99 by high alching the bows made.

Obviouly you still don't get it. Its not about controlling general inflation. It about controlling the inflation of rares! Thats it!. And you also don't get the fact that the rares would still around their current street value when sold from the store. All this does is stablize the price of rares, by making them more abundant. They'd still be as expensive as they are now, and thus just as hard to obtain, if not harder for the simple fact that thoes stats take longer to obtain then money. Any noob can raise 20mil by merchanting or working for someone else, but stats take time and knowledge of the game to get. I guess you need bold faced words to have make a simple concept more clear

The rise of rares' prices is because of inflation in OTHER AREAS OF THE GAME. Blue p hats would never be near 30mil if it wasn't for how much money is being constantly dumped into the economy through fletching, smithing, etc so don't try to make smartass comments when you don't know [cabbage]. Party hats wouldn't be rare if there was a store that sold them because anybody could walk in and buy them (don't reply with "they need certain stats" because many people already have those stats) and that means they are no longer real rares.

Your idea is rubbish, I know that the only reason you want it to stabilize is because you're trying to save up for one but you're getting mad that the prices keep jumping.

Your idea is rubbish, I know that the only reason you want it to stabilize is because you're trying to save up for one but you're getting mad that the prices keep jumping.

I feel really sorry for everyone who saves up and buys a phat, thereby...

a) wasting their money on a statless item instead of buying a dragon/mystic items AND B) making hoarding merchats rich.

Phats should be untradeable.

lpinkus

I feel really sorry for everyone who saves up and buys a phat, thereby...

a) wasting their money on a statless item instead of buying a dragon/mystic items AND B) making hoarding merchats rich.

Phats should be untradeable.

lpinkus

We all know you hate them because you can't buy one. :lol:

We all know you hate them because you can't buy one. :lol:

I expected that, so you'll have to take my word for this-I want a phat about as much as I want typhoid, and I'd probably choose typhoid first.

Say it's sour grapes, but it just ain't gonna deter me; I think rares should be untradeable, and I post about it twice or thrice a day :)

That's my opinion, Thanks for yours.

lpinkus

If you don't care about them why do you want them untradeable? uh huh..

The battle continues...heh.

I do care about phats. I don't want one, but I want them untradeable because I feel it's unfair for merchants get rich selling them. Again, if one is getting rich selling whips, more power to you.

What JAGeX can't prevent is someone wanting a phat, saving, and wasting money on it. However, they can prevent the merchanting by making them untradeable.

lpinkus