Game of the Year 2007

underu2000

Here's the best game of the year nominees and best game of the year by Gamespot:

BioShock (Xbox 360)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360)

Crysis (PC)

Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360)

God of War II (PS2)

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

Rock Band (Xbox 360)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

The Orange Box (Xbox 360)

World in Conflict (PC)

and the winner is...

SUPER MARIO GALAXY!

Call of Duty 4 was #1 in the poll by a lot (31%)

Source

You guys should all check out that link, theres tons of different awards that are pretty cool.

5)Guitar hero 3-would have been higher but its turned into too much of a game.Previousley you played the game for the music but with boss battles and all these crazy modes its just a game now.It now means i cant wait for rock band which is what guitar hero used to be but with drums.

4)Bioshock-One of the best storys of any game and has such a differant locale to anything weve ever seen.However theirs no replay value because of the linear story which has so many twists which dont work the secind time round.

3)Ratchet and clank future:tools of destruction-im such a fan of ratchet and clank and this is such fan service and its one of the most visually stunning games ive ever played.Cant wait for the sequal.

2)Call of duty 4-Love it-was one of the first to play it during the charlie oscar delta beta launch and ive played a hundred plus hours of the multiplayer and that doesnt even include the simply aww inspiring single player.

1)The orange box particularily portal-i hadnt played any of the halflife 2 games yet so i picked this up and it changed everything ive become accustomed to the pacing that halflife has perfected.Halflife episode 1 was a little bit of an anti climax but episode 2 made up for it.

Team fortress 2-i havent really had chance to play this because when i got it the servers wete really bad on consoles so i continued playing cod 4.Ill try it outbecause i heard its polished to within an inch of its life and its something that isnt hard to get into unlike cod 4.

Now portal,i temnd to agree with what nadril said.Its the most surprising game of the year,the best voice acting and humour of the year,best game mechanic of the year most fun ive had all year.Its an industry shifting game and im realy looking forward to how they intergrate dowloadable content or even intergrate the portal gun in game.Im thinking of getting this off steam so i have the ability to play portal whenever and not have to deal with the console version.

for next years game of the year its a tie between metal gear solid 4 and little big planet which im dying to play.Ive emailed the designers at media molecule about when the beta is coming out and if i can get into it if its a private one.I probably wont because im a jaded fan and will just think that its all awesome :P

edit:

Shame of the year

Assasins creed:ok ubisoft just give me the other half of the game rather than blatantly franchise it.The assasinations are boring as hell,tehirs no disctinction between the environments but a differant coloured tint and a few differant facial mocaps,they created a huge overworld which is butiful yet you can just skip wright through it.I hate it and i was poking kevin vanord who gave this AAA 9.0.Ah well returned it and got some store credit in time for burnout paradise

tifsdac6mc.gif

1. Orange Box - I am a fan of the half life series, and hl2:ep2 is possibly the second best game in it besides hl1. It never has a dull moment, the achievements are fun to try to get (although I never bothered with the grubs)and it is overall an awesome game. Portal is the best puzzle game ever in my opinion, and even though it was short, it was the most fun I had in a while. Team Fortress 2 is the best multi player FPS of the year, and everything about it is perfect. I give the Orange Box a 100 overall, and a 110 on the price.

2. Rockband - This is the ultimate music based game. It has a good singleplayer and good song selections, but what makes this game outshine GH3 is the multi player aspects. It also has more long term goals than GH3 that increase replay value. (Who else is saving up for the Goat's Head guitar and bass and the Rock Candy ring?)

3. Halo 3 - I know that everyone says that this is worse than COD4, but I have enjoyed this game much more than COD4. I think that this game is more based on having fun that just being the best soldier or killing the most enemies. For what I have played of COT4, the gameplay just isn't as good. Also, Halo 3 is one of the only console based FPS's that I actually like. I usually go for the PC version, but Halo 3 is good enough to play.

4. Bioshock - This game is tied with Halo 3, but I decided to put it lower because Halo 3 has a strong multiplayer. This game is a work of art, and it reminds me of the work of art that half-life is. However, it isn't quite as good so it only deserves #4.

5. Nope, there are only 4 games that, in my opinion, must be played to be able to call yourself an FPS gamer. I mainly play FPS's, so I guess there might be games of other genres that are good, but of course they don't get as much hype so they aren't as popular.

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w