The Hypocritical Nature of those with Lack of Logic

ydrasil

I have played this game for just over 4 years - Just after Sycthe's were dropped :(, and it all this time of playing the game, only one thing really seems to annoy me. Quite simply it is people who are hypocrites, mainly in area's where you fight one another like (old) wildy, Castle wars, Fight Pits, etc. For me this problem mainly occurs in Fight pits, as I never used to Pk and I don't do Castle wars much.

In Fight pits there is no rules for saying you can't eat, use prayer, "farcast", use pots or anything of the like. Now whilst in a fight and someone eats or uses a protection prayer, it is annoying but, I never try to insult them because they do. I instead prepare my inventory to counter these, (e.g using veracs to hit through prayer, changing to another corner of the combat triangle).

Now with that said, what annoy's me isn't just when other people insult other for doing such things, it is when they do it themselves. Most common cases are where people get piled by others. I have seen in happen numerous times, and in furthur rounds, or even another day, they themselves are doing the same thing. I am not saying this isn't allowed, but it seems so stupid that you will insult someone for doing something that gives them an advantage, when you can do it yourself, or actually do it yourself. Below is one example that I have been involved in.

[hide=Example]It was at Fight Pits; During one round I was attacked by 2 people and I died. The next round the same two people did it again, but this time another person (level 97 I think) decided to help me, and one of the original two attacking me died. As I went to attack the other person, a 5th person (level 112) attacked the 97 telling him not pile and that he was a noob etc. Once I killed my foe, I then helped the 97 against the 112. then during this fight a 6th person (level 100) helped the 112 in attacking me and the 97, we both died.

In the next round, I went to attack the 112 as he went with the help of a level 100 and another 97, to attack the 97 that helped me. He died quickly, but then the 3 people attacked me and one of them said that "we run this hood" and that I should"go back to the waiting room" again I died. I asked the 112 why insult someone for piling when you do it yourself. He replied with "I attacked him first, maybe they just helped".

Now as you can see, this is where the 2nd part of my title comes in. "they just helped," even though they might've 'just helped' it was indeed still the act that he accused the 97 of. Also from what the 2nd 97 said who attacked me, it seemed to be planned rather than a case of 'just helping'[/hide]

Also to furthur represent the 2nd part of my title another example that happened shortly after the previous one:

[hide=Example 2]None of the same people from previous example (except for me of course)

*Round starts*

*Level 112 and 105 attack me*

*Seeing this a 115 runs in and attacks the 105 with a bandos godsword special hitting a 51*

115: Bye bye def

112: When u enterd rs

112: Bye bye life

Me: You entered it also, otherwise you wouldn't be here.....

112: Na

Me: Bye bye intelligence[/hide]

How can he possible try and say that because he plays Runescape he has no life, yet it somehow doesn't apply to him? There is no logic in that.

Now I understand there can be no solution to a problem like this. I just hate how people can think that because of how you choose to play a game differs from another person's, that they think it gives them the right to insult them (even though some do it themselves). I already use my Ignore list for some occurances, and you simply can't hop to another world, because this happens again - with different people, eventaully. Sorry for the long rant, I just had to say it. Feel free to post similar experiences.

ydrasil.png

None of the same people from previous example (except for me of course)

*Round starts*

*Level 112 and 105 attack me*

*Seeing this a 115 runs in and attacks the 105 with a bandos godsword special hitting a 51*

115: Bye bye def

112: When u enterd rs

112: Bye bye life

Me: You entered it also, otherwise you wouldn't be here.....

112: Na

Me: Bye bye intelligence

I have to say i loved your last remark

On Topic: The ones who go around and call people nolifers sickens me.

What exactly gives them the right to say if someone has no life! (not to mention how hypocritical it is-as you said above)

The only thing i can say is, yeah theres no way to prevent it other than what you've been doing (ignore list, hopping, etc.) so just keep it up and try not to let it get you down, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Everyone who is a lower level than you is a noob.

Everyone who is a higher level has no life.

Theres how the 112 could say that. (Not saying I believe it)

People will be hypocrits, howeer its more than likely they are the same in real life. Its quite hard to change your personality, even over the internet, because even if you do try and change it, you always revert back to how you are in real life.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198