2. Monster Information/Level Recommendations

3. How to get there

4. Recommended Inventories

5. Strategies, Safespots and Other Information

6. But What about the Revenants?

7. FAQ

8. Closing Remarks

1. Introduction:

Hello, my name is Alex_Lei1993 as you may already know. I'm 14 years old and I'm a freshmen. This is my first guide so be nice. :$ Many people are complaining, ranting and raving about the major update Jagex implemented on the Wilderness. I admit I was complaining that as a F2P there was nothing fun to do anymore. I decided to go check it out and I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought. That's when a light bulb turned on in my head and I realized there are many training areas which are now much more useful! I decided to check out the Greater Demons now that it is a lot safer without the PKers and I have found ways of making much use of this spot. I also found ways of avoiding the Revenants and realized they are overrated and a lot easier to avoid than you think.

Greater Demons are worth it in my opinion because they aren't very crowded and the drops are much better than lesser demons. :thumbsup: You can get a rune full helm once in every 50-75 kills or so on average. You also get a crap load of fire runes and great EXP.

2. Monster Information/Levels Recommendation:

Ahh good ol' greaters. I remember fond times of trying to kill them at the tender age of 40 combat and getting piled by level 80+ clans. But those days are gone now and it's a lot safer. :thumbsup: On to the bestiary information:

Greater_Demon.gif

Greater Demon

Level: 92

Hit Points: 87

Aggressive: Yes

Location: Demonic Ruins, Level 45-48 Wilderness, Close to most Northeasterly Point of F2p Wilderness

*Drops: Ashes (100%), Gold (11-470), Steel Axe, Steel 2h sword, Steel Battleaxe, Mithril kiteshield, Adamant Platelegs, Rune Full Helm, Death Runes(5-20), Chaos Runes(15,43), Fire Runes(37-120), Tuna, Thread(10), Gold bar, Uncut gems

*Note: I only listed F2P drops.

Max Hit: 9

Combat Style: Melee

Weaknesses: Silverlight

Examine: "Big, red, and incredibly evil" or "Big, purple, and incredibly evil."

runefulxo2.png

Level Recommendations:

•  
    [*:8uvrl8hm]65+ Range

[*:8uvrl8hm]60+ Magic

[*:8uvrl8hm]70+ Hip Points

[*:8uvrl8hm]60+ Defense

As you can see, there aren't that many level recommendations.

3. How to get there:

Getting there is pretty much a joke now, as the PKers are gone. I still recommend traversing through non-multicombat wilderness though.

mapofwildyhu0.png

As you can see, I outlined the red line for a running route from Revenants. That will be explained in the later sections.

4. Recommended Inventories:

inventeq0.png

You can play around with whatever you like but bringing a set of green dragonhide regardless of combat style is an absolute must. Bring a staff of your choice depending on what spell you're using.

I also recommend bringing high alchemy runes. Greater Demons drop rune full helmets occasionally which High Alch for about 19k if I'm not mistaken and they also drop adamant platelegs which sell for about 5k and High Alch for 3-4k. Not too bad for F2P. ^_^

5. Strategies, Safespots and Other Information:

The Magic Method (Fire Strike)

Simple. Just bring 1k+ Mind Runes, 2k+ Air Runes and a Fire Staff and mage away using the safespots listed below. You can also bring 3k+ Fire Runes and an Air Staff but it is more expensive. This method is recommended for 70+ Magic for efficiency.

The Magic Method (Fire Bolt)

Same as above, except bring 1k+ Chaos Runes, 3k+ Air Runes and a Fire staff. You can also bring 4k+ Fire Runes and and Air staff but it is more expensive. This method is recommended for 50+ Magic.

The Range Method

Just range the demons using safespots. 70+ Range is highly recommended.

I highly recommend not meleeing them. They hit relatively hard and it's way too far from the bank to keep banking. Using the Magic Method, you can receive anywhere from 25-40k EXP an hour. Using the range method, you can receive 30-50k EXP an hour.

Safespots

safespot1nv1.png

safespot2sz7.png

6. But What about the Revenants?

There is some mass paranoia about the Revenants and how they can hit 30s, but in my experience with the right equipment and strategy they are easy to avoid and do not interrupt the experience gaining. :ph34r: The main revenant that spawns near the Greater Demons is the Ork, which is relatively dumb. He cannot go around walls, and he isn't nearly as powerful as the knight. He splashes on me about 80% of the time with full green dragonhide on, and his melee attack is pretty pathetic. His range attack freezes in place. I recommend having 20+ lobsters in your inventory at all times.

Now you know why I said to always carry a set of green dragonhide in your inventory! It's that easy! Just put on your dragonhides and run at the sight of any revenant regardless of their level. Even the 68s can hit in the 20s. :blink: Run the route I recommended on the map to get there. Or if you're feeling lucky, trap them behind the walls. They cannot get you unless they get inside the ruins. Jagex even said that they are much less likely to spawn inside small buildings and such. Sometimes you may see the revenants every half hour, sometimes every hour. It's all a matter of luck.

As soon as you see a revenant, start running southwest and when it's out of your minimap view, run for another 5 seconds then log out. Hop worlds and continue on your greater demon slaying. I also recommend putting on Protect from Missiles because the revenants fire a strange icy arrow that binds you. With this setup they won't do too much damage on you.

Dear revenant, YOU PHAIL. I trapped this one there for close to an hour. As long as you don't let it go inside the ruins, you're good. :rolleyes:

phailnubuu8.png

phailef0.png

One final tip that I have to offer is to always have at least 50% run energy.

7. FAQ:

Q: Why train on Greater Demons?

A: They offer great drops for F2P, are not crowded at all, have great reliable safespots as well as much higher EXP than their brother the Lesser Demon due to there being a higher ratio of demon to people.

Q: Why not melee them?

A: It's just not worth the time. It takes too long and it's too far from the bank.

8. Closing Remarks:

Thank you for reading my guide. Credit to Tip.It for some of the bestiary information.

Revenants seem to come every 15 or so minutes for me, usually from the east, and when they do i just go hide in the side of the 'cross' looking thing on the mini-map and log off for 5 secs then back on. They wont target you anymore because they can't 'see you' if you're hiding in the right spot.

Also while you're killing the demon, keep an eye out on the mini-map for extra yellow dots, who also seem to have a deliberate route. A.K.A, don't start going one way then turn back the other.

I only use the two gaps on the west to kill them, as it gives more cover against the rev's if they come you can easily duck in the 'cross' bit and log out/back in, wait for them to move on and continue.

Thanks to woods_666 for that.

Alex_Lei1993.png

Great guide.

Mention average gp/hour and xp/hour.

Great guide.

Gp per hour is random. Sometimes you get 2-3 rune full helms in a hour, sometimes you get none. I already stated the EXP per hour. 30-50k for Range depending on your level and 20-30k EXP for magic.

Alex_Lei1993.png

Great guide.

Gp per hour is random. Sometimes you get 2-3 rune full helms in a hour, sometimes you get none. I already stated the EXP per hour. 30-50k for Range depending on your level and 20-30k EXP for magic.

30k-50k xp per hour? This is confirmed by you?

What is your range level?

I have trained range in many places and I get max 22k per hour.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Revenants seem to come every 15 or so minutes for me, usually from the east, and when they do i just go hide in the side of the 'cross' looking thing on the mini-map and log off for 5 secs then back on. They wont target you anymore because they can't 'see you' if you're hiding in the right spot.

Also while you're killing the demon, keep an eye out on the mini-map for extra yellow dots, who also seem to have a deliberate route. A.K.A, don't start going one way then turn back the other.

I only use the two gaps on the west to kill them, as it gives more cover against the rev's if they come you can easily duck in the 'cross' bit and log out/back in, wait for them to move on and continue.

Added to guide. I was looking for a way to phrase this. ::'

Alex_Lei1993.png

Nice guide but their are more people at the greater demons now than when you made the guide :( people catch on quick.

What the hell... You kidding me? I don't want this to turn into another Karamja Lesser Demon place...

Then why post a guide informing people? I don't understand.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.