I hate this mining problem!

frankiani

Ok, here is the deal, im powermining irons at al kharid, im lvl 77 atm, using rune pick, most of the times i get them at 1 hit, but sometimes, another guy comes and starts "stealing" rocks from me, its ok, that doesn't annoy me, i get angry when i check this guys in the hiscores, and they are not even ranked!!! And right now there was a guy (not ranked) using a STEEL PICK!!!! How in the world can he "steal" the rocks of a lvl 77 with runite pick???? this really upsets me.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

How is it possible to steal something that you didn't own in the first place?

Mining speed over another player isn't by level. If anything, tests in the past have proven the opposite of what you would think (those with lower mining beating those with higher)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

That's what being a miner in RS is all about hun :P. Tis a skill that has loads of competition (yet many hate leveling and do not bother to get that high ironically)...the reason why this miner is beating you is due to the art of the "connection." Their reflexes are beating you by the milisecond and their pick is connecting with the rock sooner than yours is (or they literally have a better Internet connection lol). As long as they are 40+, rocks like iron will be a sinch for them. The way I beat these super humans with awesome reflexes is by unequiping my pickaxe and allowing it to sit my inventory. Somehow it gives me that milisecond advantage when I attempt to mine a rock that beats their super reflexes. I do not know the reason behind it but it seems to work quite well (maybe because you have less of a swing to do since you are not wielding the pick). At the end of the day, the best advice I can give you is...patience is a virtue. The longer you mine my friend, the more you are going to have to deal with it. Zen mining ftw...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Mining speed over another player isn't by level. If anything, tests in the past have proven the opposite of what you would think (those with lower mining beating those with higher)

Learn to read.

Did you noticed how i used the word steal? I know i don't own the rocks, but when you are in a place training alone, and someone else comes around, you kinda get the feeling that its your place.

And whats the point of training mining if mining lvl has nothing to do with it?

That's what being a miner in RS is all about hun Razz. Tis a skill that has loads of competition (yet many hate leveling and do not bother to get that high ironically)...the reason why this miner is beating you is due to the art of the "connection." Their reflexes are beating you by the milisecond and their pick is connecting with the rock sooner than yours is (or they literally have a better Internet connection lol). As long as they are 40+, rocks like iron will be a sinch for them. The way I beat these super humans with awesome reflexes is by unequiping my pickaxe and allowing it to sit my inventory. Somehow it gives me that milisecond advantage when I attempt to mine a rock that beats their super reflexes. I do not know the reason behind it but it seems to work quite well (maybe because you have less of a swing to do since you are not wielding the pick). At the end of the day, the best advice I can give you is...patience is a virtue. The longer you mine my friend, the more you are going to have to deal with it. Zen mining ftw...

I know this!! I like mining duels, i like the mining skill, but the guy had a STEEL PICK!!!!

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

I think it would be better just to switch to a quiter world?

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

Well, it gets to the point where you can 1-click the rock, or get it in a few swings, even with low level pickaxes. They just clicked it before you.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Guys i feel that you are not paying attention! :cry: the guy had a STEEL PICK, not addy or runite, but steel.

I didn't know that steel could even 1 hit iron. I understand the whole minining thing, being a miner myself, but steel? Thats a sad injustice. You have 2 levels of pick between steel and rune.

Guys i feel that you are not paying attention! :cry: the guy had a STEEL PICK, not addy or runite, but steel.

I didn't know that steel could even 1 hit iron. I understand the whole minining thing, being a miner myself, but steel? Thats a sad injustice. You have 2 levels of pick between steel and rune.

OMG! thank you! Its really really unfair, not the mention sad.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

i tryed that too just with gold ores.. a noob with 40 mining and bronze pick takes 3 gold ores of the 4 in crafting guild. and im 87 minign!!!

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

This should be based on luck -.- you don't get high lvl skills by luck.

I'm going to assume you meant 'This shouldN'T be based on luck.' But if everything wasn't randomized, that would be a horrendous update! Always doing your best... Everyone would always hit their max. And it wouldn't even help you in your mining problem, it would make it worse. Everyone around you at the 1-hit level will always get it if they click first.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Learn to read.

Did you noticed how i used the word steal? I know i don't own the rocks, but when you are in a place training alone, and someone else comes around, you kinda get the feeling that its your place.

You know you don't own rocks, yet you then state that you feel like the rocks are yours if you've been there long enough.

Contradiction, you should take your own advice on learning to read.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

No, you will not necessarily win the majority of the rocks. Did you read the post about losing 3 of 4 gold ores to a bronze pick at 80+ mining?

I think an update to it should be done, however, I am not sure how.

Perhaps creat an even better mining/smithing guild like was suggest a few weeks ago?

I for one would like to see a little better handling of some of the older skills. These newer skills get alot of attention, but I would like to see mining and smithing people get some help.

felter_laur.png

Learn to read.

You know you don't own rocks, yet you then state that you feel like the rocks are yours if you've been there long enough.

Contradiction, you should take your own advice on learning to read.

WTF dude, its a FEELING! i KNOW i don't OWN them, you are the only one in this thread acusing me of that. Every miner feel the same way i do when a guy with steel pick start mining all the rocks, i see that you are not a miner or you have a really really good connection or you never encounter some of this guys that take all the rocks that you were mining before.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

No, you will not necessarily win the majority of the rocks. Did you read the post about losing 3 of 4 gold ores to a bronze pick at 80+ mining?

I think an update to it should be done, however, I am not sure how.

Perhaps creat an even better mining/smithing guild like was suggest a few weeks ago?

I for one would like to see a little better handling of some of the older skills. These newer skills get alot of attention, but I would like to see mining and smithing people get some help.

All i know, is that the programing of the mining skill has something wrong. It should be changed to the way you win a rock over a guy who is below you.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

It's just another example of the "luck factor" in the game. The same thing happens to me in combat. I've been beaten repeatedly by players with far lower stats, and the same equipment as me.
exactly my combat lvl 59 i beat a lvl 72 in the duel arena 10 times in a row i had 53 str she a had 69 str and i OWNED her :D