Hooray! I installed PHP/Apache2 on Windows XP!

spling

I'm sooooooo happy right now. After months of try over and over to get php working on my windows XP laptop, I finally got it to work. All thanks to http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/php. If anyone is having troubles doing this like I was, check it out- it's *very* easy to follow and I got PHP working in less than an hour :)

Check out

RuneScript and RuneTracker!

sig37.gif

I got it working in less than 20min ;)

Nice clean tutorial though. When I did it, the instructions I was following were really choppy and using php5 :x

I don't recall having trouble installing PHP on Apache2 on windows. getting php + mysql to talk to eachother was a freaking pita though... (primarily since I'd simply gotten myself the *latest* version of MySQL. Which needs mysqli from php5)

I got it working in less than 20min ;)

Nice clean tutorial though. When I did it, the instructions I was following were really choppy and using php5 :x

wow do you feel special ... lol jk why don't you use wamp ? takes about 5 misn to install everything without errors wait ill post website

http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php

Apache 1.3.33

PHP 5.0.4 + PECL

SQLitemanager

MySQL 4.1.10a

Phpmyadmin

(Very 1337)

ouch thats gotta hurt.

check out webhostingtalk.com if you havent already.

the host didnt have any good packages anyway there are better out their.

Google still has a cache copy of darkwebz 8)

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Did you have a recent DB backup of the forums and album Rick?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

ummm.. judging by the topic in #DW it dosent sound to promising.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

step back 3weeks then, yes!

This reminds me I should backup my sites too.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

step back 3weeks then, yes!

This reminds me I should backup my sites too.

Three weeks isn't bad.

I'm going to have to roll back neodecoder 3 months.

In fact, we've decided that we'll just start the site fresh :(

Check out

sig37.gif

3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez. Its not hard to backup your databases you can even write a script to email the backups to you.

http://Backups:[email protected]/bac ... ackup.phps

Then set a cron job or something to run that script every * number of days/weeks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

yeh you can do that but it is kinda time waste

Huh? So if he installs what he needs, instead of installing crap he doesn't need as well, he's wasting time? Weird sense of logic... :?

yeh you can do that but it is kinda time waste

Huh? So if he installs what he needs, instead of installing crap he doesn't need as well, he's wasting time? Weird sense of logic... :?

maby you should think logic you can install what you want with wamp and its a lot faster since you have to edit files when you install apache and mysql for php use wamp does that automaticaly you only have to edit config file

but that takes like 2 sec and your done that will take like 4-5 mins total and installing apache mysql phpmyadmin and php4 take morel ike 5-10 mins

Maybe you should think logically. You can install what you want with wamp, and it will be a lot faster, since you have to edit files when you install Apache and MySQL. For PHP, use wamp, which does that automatically. You only have to edit a configuration file, but that takes about 2 seconds, then you're done. That will take about 4-5 minutes total.

But the security of the entire thing will suck, and you will have no idea how the setup works (unless you have experience with doing it all yourself, which will still mean you'll have to check what the hell wamp did to your setup).

Oh, and excuse me for not quoting you literally, but your spelling, punctuation and grammar was so abysmal that I thought I ought to try and make it readable for others without them having to reread everything three times.

Maybe you should think logically. You can install what you want with wamp, and it will be a lot faster, since you have to edit files when you install Apache and MySQL. For PHP, use wamp, which does that automatically. You only have to edit a configuration file, but that takes about 2 seconds, then you're done. That will take about 4-5 minutes total.

But the security of the entire thing will suck, and you will have no idea how the setup works (unless you have experience with doing it all yourself, which will still mean you'll have to check what the hell wamp did to your setup).

Oh, and excuse me for not quoting you literally, but your spelling, punctuation and grammar was so abysmal that I thought I ought to try and make it readable for others without them having to reread everything three times.

Yeh i know my english is very bad but wamp is good its save its works like same as installing them 1 by one

3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez. Its not hard to backup your databases you can even write a script to email the backups to you.

http://Backups:[email protected]/bac ... ackup.phps

Then set a cron job or something to run that script every * number of days/weeks.

It's not as bad as we originally thought. We did find some backups hidden away from april 21st (so a bit less than a month ago), so we didn't lose too much content on the forums, but we decided as we already have projects on the go to redo the general coding of our site, that we'd restore the forums, whilst redoing to site itself. :)

Check out

sig37.gif