Skilling for my quest cape

RandomKnight

Ok Ive got 3 skills left that im going to have to train the most to get my quest cape:

66 Crafting

69 Smithing

72 Woodcutting

I had to get my crafting up for lunar a month or to ago so im going to use the same way as then.

Heres were i hit a snag:

1) For Woodcutting should i cut maples or yews? (My woodcutting is about to hit 69 and i have a Dragon axe)

2) For smithing what should i smith?

Thanks in advance, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Ok then, i think ill try willows since im ok on cash at the momment, aru...

As for smithing gold with the gloves-is it better to buy the ore or do you lose to much money that way?

Last I checked, gold ore was pretty spendy, and the gold bars sell for a lot less than the ores. When I was doing that, I just mined the gold from the Azarnian Mines, you could also buy coal and mith/iron ore and smelt them, and make them into bolts, maybe?

EDIT: Well, considering I was using information that I had a few months back, gold ore has near dropped by half from what it was (between 800-900), to about 462, and gold bars are about 180, that's a loss of 282 per ore. You can figure it out from there.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Ok then, i think ill try willows since im ok on cash at the momment, aru...

As for smithing gold with the gloves-is it better to buy the ore or do you lose to much money that way?

buy the ore, very fast xp u can make your cash back with the time saved

ps: teaks are better wc xp/h

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

Ok Im cutting teaks and droping them and it seems to be the fastest method yet, so ill stick with it, aru

And ill try the gold once im done...if it seems to be to much of a money drainer ill try smithing bolts.

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Gold is expensive. Mining it will be FAR too slow.

What you want is the blast furnace. Make and smith mithril bars into bolts. Feather them to sell it easier (though unfeathered sells reasonably well as well). You won't make a loss either.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Just cut willows. Your level is too low to powercut teaks, or cut yews for real profit.

For crafting, it's a little harder. Try mining gold and then using up whatever gems you've saved up to make bracelets and such, which you can then sell/alch. Or just buy sapphires and gold bars to turn into bracelets, for quite minimal gp loss.

The smithing's gonna take you a while. You could make a heck of a lot of cballs, and make a lot of money, or you could try to break even buying mith bars to smith into bolts.

Not at his/her level.

Right now, no log is good for money. Train to 70-80, then cut for money. Until then, just do willows. Eucs are nice, I use them a lot, but I wouldn't if I was in my 60s. :P

what's the exp/hour on eucalyptus?

When I did it for the quest (82 wc at the time) they were horribly slow :/

Maybe I missed something here, but I couldn't see your stats. Once your smithing is above 60, blast furnace is probably the way to go. Mithril bolts ore knives are easy to make in quantities, and you won't make a loss. Using Manage Thy Kingdom for the coal will also help increase profit.

Crafting - Super Glass Make is great. You can profit/break even dependant on time of day.

Woodcutting - Willows with a dragon axe at Barbarian Outpost. Use a beaverif you can and bank using deposit box. Fastest XP in game and you will make a little profit (I made about 150k from 76-80), it isn't life changing but it's profit.

Smithing - Steel bars to cannonballs, or mithril bars to bolts, or iron ore to iron bars with ring of forging. These will reduce losses and maybe even give a profit.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Ok I think ive got a good plan now:

-Ive been woodcutting Teaks and droping them, which has been working very well so ill stick to them.

-Ive got a good crafting stratagy down so im good there...

-Since smithing is going to take a while no mater what option I go with I believe im just going to smith C-balls for the money (i recently bought some better armor for grims tales so i could use some extra)

Thanks for all the good advice, aru :)

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~