Make team capes serve their purpose again!

Will H

I've once mentioned about an idea that I've been rolling around in my mind, and I think it's time to make it into a thread.

Team capes are a brilliant idea, most clans have established their own 'official' team cape, including us. But, the problem is that the stats are terrible for a cape by today's standards. The reason why is that when they were released, capes were not really for the bonuses, they were for symbolic purposes and would help differentiate between friend and foe. But now that we have some more powerful capes such as the Obsidian cape and the Fire Cape and of course the Achievement Capes, people opt for the stats instead of 'Showing your colours'.

With the introduction of PvP worlds, this suggestion is more important than ever!

What I propose is that every team cape can be combined with most other stat boosting capes so that they change their colour and markings whilst still being recognisable as the other cape, but the stats remain unchanged. So, for example, an Obsidian cape coupled with a Team 25 cape:

obsidianteam25capefr9.png

And a Zamorak Cloak coupled with a Team 23 cape:

zamorakteam23cloakyj4.png

As requested, a Trimmed Strength Cape with a Team 12 cape:

trimmedstrengthteam12cazr2.png

Ava's Attractor with a Team 43 cape:

attractorteam43capeqv5.png

And a Trimmed Herblore cape with a team 37 cape:

trimmedherbloreteam37caiq9.png

Finally a Spottier cape with a team 11 cape:

spottierteam11capeap7.png

(If you would like me to make some more pictures of possible combinations, I am willing to make them!)

These items should be 'combinable' with any team cape:

Spotty Cape

Spottier Cape

Ava's Attractor

Ava's Accumulator

Any Achievement Cape (Trimmed or Untrimmed)

Obsidian Cape

Fire Cape

Zamorak/Guthix/Saradomin Cloak

Note: It is possible to separate and combine the capes at any time, in case you don't like the colour on a certain cape.

Support and constructive criticism welcome.

Submitted suggestions:

If you wish to un-combine a cape, (if you have a skill cape) you go to the person you buy it off and you can ask them if they can do this for you, and they will for free

If you wish to un-combine something else you can go to one of those guys with the big sacks on their back who sell capes, and they will un-combine for a small fee of 500gp.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, It's basicly two capes worn as one? I can deal with that, but why ruin the good cape? (overwriting it's color scheme)

I suggest a "deattach" option so you can have the normal cape back.

Need a new signature....perhaps...

So, It's basicly two capes worn as one? I can deal with that, but why ruin the good cape? (overwriting it's color scheme)

I suggest a "deattach" option so you can have the normal cape back.

Oh yeah, you can separate them as well.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Like that pirate at Mos'Le Harmless that stitches items together.

Yeah, like that. I'm starting to think that it should require a crafting level, or an NPC should do it. Or both.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Wow, good idea.

Team-capes have really been forgotten over the past months, maybe years, when they should be worn with pride and should be refurbished.

:) Thanks a lot.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Fantastic Idea. Maybe show what a team cape and skill cape will look like merged. Full Support after you do the skill cape and team cape merge picture.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Fantastic Idea. Maybe show what a team cape and skill cape will look like merged. Full Support after you do the skill cape and team cape merge picture.

Sure. I can do these things in like, 4 minutes.

Okay, don't challenge me on that, but it's not hard.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Ah nice , definately support

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

support awsome idea, would it be a members object? :thumbsup:

Yes, because they're made from a member's object (the cape that isn't the team cape). There isn't any cape in f2p that provides any stat boost over the team cape, so there would be no need to combine them.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I have to say, i like the idea of combining a skill cape with one, but what if someone does that and they don't like how it looks? Will there be a way to reverse this? Or will they have to scrap the cape and buy it all again?

suggestion:

If you wish to un-combine a cape, (if you have a skill cape) you go to the person you buy it off and you can ask them if they can do this for you, and they will for free

If you wish to un-combine something else you can go to one of those guys with the big sacks on their back who sell capes, and they will un-combine for a small fee of 500gp.

Just a suggestion, but what do you think?

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I have to say, i like the idea of combining a skill cape with one, but what if someone does that and they don't like how it looks? Will there be a way to reverse this? Or will they have to scrap the cape and buy it all again?

suggestion:

Just a suggestion, but what do you think?

Good idea. I'll add it to the first post.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I support if you show what it looks like with the accumulator lol. Use one of the blue capes if you can please :mrgreen:

EDIT: Awsome I support. :mrgreen:

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I support if you show what it looks like with the accumulator lol. Use one of the blue capes if you can please :mrgreen:

Hmm... ok.

EDIT: Done, I've edited it into the first post. That one took me longer than most because the Attractor doesn't fit on top of the team cape image so I can trace it, so I had to redraw it onto the cape by hand. :|

Would have been better if Paint let me rotate by 45 degrees... -.-

Thank you for including it on your original post Will_Holmes.

~ Sibmaster

::' No problem.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's starting to come together, man. Time to throw in my two cents worth.

*stamp of support*

Yeah, it is. I'm trying to think up of the process in which you combine the capes, sibmaster has basically covered the uncombining side.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think I'm going to get facepalmed for excessive bumping, but it's simply the case that too many people make new threads and not enough reply to old ones on this forum.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I don't know why people arent replying to this thread more, i think its a great idea. As i said before team-capes are so old and un-used now, and need a desperate remake, and this could be the perfect add on to it.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png