Slicing + coding

Earpy

Hey.

I've made a design in Photoshop. It's a web layout. I was wondering if there is anybody who would be able to slice and code the template. When coding, XHTML valid is a plus, but not exactly essential. If anybody can do this for me, i'll be really grateful :). Just send me a PM or something :).

Thanks in advance,

Earpy.

Hello, Earpy...

Photoshop should already have functions to help you lay down an image map, and publish it with a "web export version" of your image. After that is done, all you have to do is to check it, and modify if it doesn't meet your needs for what you're doing. :geek:

Just thought this info might help. Heck, I had to take a "crash course" with Serif Photoplus. 8-)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Hello, Earpy...

Photoshop should already have functions to help you lay down an image map, and publish it with a "web export version" of your image. After that is done, all you have to do is to check it, and modify if it doesn't meet your needs for what you're doing. :geek:

Just thought this info might help. Heck, I had to take a "crash course" with Serif Photoplus. 8-)

~D. V. Devnull

It's almost always better to code it then let a program automate it for you...

Hello, Earpy...

~D. V. Devnull

Agree with you there, that way you know what is going on with your code.

(Somebody make sure to snip when they quote...)

Hello, Earpy...

That depends on one thing... How it spits out the code to be used later. If you have enough of a grasp (or just the ability to learn [bleep] fast) of HTML, CSS, Image Maps, and how to make things just fit together, then you may be able to re-fit the code afterward to whatever the heck you need. :geek: :thumbsup:

(But hey, that's just my opinion. :-k ...)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

(Somebody make sure to snip when they quote...)

That depends on one thing... How it spits out the code to be used later. If you have enough of a grasp (or just the ability to learn [bleep] fast) of HTML, CSS, Image Maps, and how to make things just fit together, then you may be able to re-fit the code afterward to whatever the heck you need. :geek: :thumbsup:

(But hey, that's just my opinion. :-k ...)

~D. V. Devnull

Sorry but I disagree, it's definitely not a good thing to let some program slice an image up and create a web page for you. I have tried this kind of thing in the past and every time I ended up with a complete mess. Most have no concept of CSS and how it can manage the site more efficiently, and the ones that did made such a complete half assed job it made me laugh. Image slicing software is only good for one thing, helping you decide where to slice the image up, but I personally will do that using PaintShop Pro and a neat device I have called my Eyes :).

A professional web developer has all sorts of tools at their disposal, all in the aid of making their life easier. Anything they can use to speed up the process of developing a site will be used (Nobody wants to spend hours on something when there's an easier way). No professional developer I know (including myself) would use anything like the kind of software's you're talking about. it's anti-productive and leads to all sorts of hassles. Believe me when I say that if an auto slice tool was up to the job, the professionals would be using it.