Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

Got the bayonet for Springfield. This BA rifle is decent in Hardcore with camouflage, but sucks in Core with stopping power. The Arisaka is definitely the superior between the two.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I'm used to aiming too far ahead with bolt action rifles I guess, since I snipe too often..

I'll go Private Hangar and try it there.

Hangar is ftw for aiming.

It's this point when you realise you are actually bad at sniping.

Also, how the hell can a map be justified as better for aiming that another?

I'm not bad at sniping, the wii just has amazingly bad and unpredictible lag so I rarely hit moving targets, and I rarely take shots since I usually get found after I miss -.-

And Hangar has lots of barrels, little objects like buckets etc that move if you hit them.

All your making is excuses, im on wii and i snipe moving targets, 9/10 times i hit em first shot

and specs lie.. all BA rifles hit the same dmg, when scoped, and less dmg but all the same when unscoped not including garand

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

Oh... My... God...

I was playing Capture the Flag (Core) on Corrosion with my unscoped Springfield with Stopping Power. Our flag was taken, so I intercept the guy on the side of the map, shoot, kill not only him but another guy who randomly came it, got Collateral Damage (good thing that I'm not prestiging again) and then before I was able to return the flag another enemy guy comes and I kill him getting the Springfield Marksman II challenge. After all those points I leveled up to level 65 commander, where I will be staying until I get some impulse to prestige again awhile from now.

Oh and I'm never using the Springfield again, it sucks in Core and there's better BA rifles for Hardcore.

Now I'll be working on Carbine and flamethrower to have all rifle Marksman challenges done and the Pyro. Then buy a modded controller for the carbine (jk).

Yep, and the Wii the 'better' console since they have nicknames.

Hey Mage can you answer my question with a pic earlier back? War told me its possible to get on the small red circle (house) but not the blue circle (tree) or the other house..

Sorry to bring this back up, but would you be happy if it was the entertainment console? As it is one that anyone in the family can play, and seems to be popular with the elderly.That way we will stop calling certain consoles 'proper' ones and others not.

As for the glitching, can't help you there, I only know of 2 glitches and they are in Castle. I would assume they have been fixed. one was bayonet jumping the other my friend discovered by accident, where he got stuck in part of the map and you wouldn't notice them most of the time. I was shown both in private matches while at the friend's house.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Collateral Damage is too easy for an Elite challenge. :wall:

I have never gotten it, nor have I done it before having the challenge unlocked. Please tell me it doesn't mean I suck at sniping.

All your making is excuses, im on wii and i snipe moving targets, 9/10 times i hit em first shot

and specs lie.. all BA rifles hit the same dmg, when scoped, and less dmg but all the same when unscoped not including garand

Lets see the difference,

I play in Normal TDM.

You play in Hardcore.

I am Australian.

You are not.

Australia has extremely bad internet.

Your country probably is 3x better or much more.

With australian internet even if I am the host it still lags like a knob, and when I'm not the host the lag could be from 2 seconds to like 8.

And if I *do* hit them when they're moving they usually dont die.

And Mage, how about we callthe wii the 'wii'? :P

And I thought you have CoD5? Cant you go into private game and check o.O?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Lets see the difference,

I play in Normal TDM.

You play in Hardcore.

I am Australian.

You are not.

Australia has extremely bad internet.

Your country probably is 3x better or much more.

With australian internet even if I am the host it still lags like a knob, and when I'm not the host the lag could be from 2 seconds to like 8.

And if I *do* hit them when they're moving they usually dont die.

And Mage, how about we callthe wii the 'wii'? :P

And I thought you have CoD5? Cant you go into private game and check o.O?

Holy [cabbage]! You can host? I am the only person who can connect if I do. I need to find a way to make it so I can't host, in any game.

For wii I think the host is the person who happens to have the best connection, cus I never lag as host. And I'm now sniping on every map.

And [bleep], cliffside sucks so bad anymore. My favorite map is Castle, then Makin, then Upheaval, then Hangar.

You copied me lmao.

Mine =

Castle, Makin, Upheaval, Hangar, Cliffside, Asylum, Courtyard, Dome.

Favourite maps:

Makin, Cliffside, Hangar (the rest are awful).

And no, I don't glitch on any of them in online matches.

If I'm not mistaken I had to stab you so you didnt go down the cliffside map..

Ray add me.

"Muffin Man"

On topic: Cliffside would be the best sniping map if not for glitchers.

All sniping spots there are very obvious. Whereas Upheaval and Makin, and sometimes Castle arent so obvious

Collateral Damage is too easy for an Elite challenge. :wall:

I have never gotten it, nor have I done it before having the challenge unlocked. Please tell me it doesn't mean I suck at sniping.

Are you serious? I swear to God I get like 3 or 4 every playing session.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Favourite maps:

Makin, Cliffside, Hangar (the rest are awful).

And no, I don't glitch on any of them in online matches.

If I'm not mistaken I had to stab you so you didnt go down the cliffside map.

Whole (other) team trying to get under map = annoying, and one of them actually did manage to get under the map, which could have been prevented if the rest of my team had bothered to move from their fixed positions and got some kills (you did well, the other two were pretty awful from my recollection).

I did ok for not knowing what was going on imo and trying to snipe like 2 mins the game.

I saw you had a pretty fail KDR, did you keep getting killed by that nerd?

And plus, you dont need to go down there and be like them to win dude you can just go find places they cant go to

The bit behind the UTM part (where dogs spawn) can't be shot through with anything, so if you crouch they can only grenade you.

It wasn't just him. At the start, 3 of them were camping around there waiting for one of them to get under the map, and as I use the PPsh, I need at least 5 shots to to kill someone using juggernaut, so he can easily run away then come back and Spray with his MP40. The other two were using MG42s, so it was quite hard to not keep dying.

For wii I think the host is the person who happens to have the best connection, cus I never lag as host. And I'm now sniping on every map.

No, the host is the connection everyone connects to, so you don't lag as host as you are connecting to yourself which takes 0ms.

I'm beginning to not snipe so much now, and stealthing on larger maps. I still snipe on Makin 4/5 times though. Rifling on Hangar is pretty cool.

BTW I went mental when I was trying to use a Browning for the first time..

WTFBBQ INACCURATE.

Sounds like an epic game. I'll try getting it soon. ::'

Kinda' lucky that I got a PS3 last year for my birthday and not a Wii or 360 apparently. :P

Yes, you are lucky ;)

Grats. I think I have ~970 headshots on my 9300 kills or something. I'll check in a bit.

Yeah I have 890~ and 9100 kills I think. But I was an SMG noob until my 2nd prestige, so meh.

Checking now..

My headshots: 819

My Kills: 9800

My Deaths: 7379

My KDR: 1.33

EPIC fail. I was way way way off. lmao. still 12.3x more kills than headshots or so.

I swear I had more headshots.

Meh, it's my own fault for not SMGing enough.

SMGs get too many headshots tbh.

My headshots: 2,802

My kills: 30,196

My deaths: 23,990

My K/D ratio: 1.26

Oh and Ray, isn't that your second account's stats? Those are a bit off since you were already experienced in the game when you started playing [on that account].