[IDEA]: Invisibility potion. (UPDATED, addition to idea)

Peronix

What it does: It dosen't actually make you invisible. But it does provide some means of stealth in the wilderness. It temporarily (for 5-10 minutes or so) hides your white dot on the minimap, so PKers can't easily spot you... and so your victims won't see you coming. People have suggested this in the past, but it was in the form of a magic spell, which would be a WAY bad idea because it would overpower and already overpowered class. This would make it avalible to pretty much anyone. And don't ask me what herblore level/what herbs/ingrediants it takes, cause i don't really have an idea where it will fit in :?

And, if you have a rant about not being able to see PKers coming when treasure trailing, bring an invisibility potion yourself, silly :roll:

If the Pker was stupid enough to forget one, then you can easily avoid him, because he can't spot you on the minimap, and you can spot him. If BOTH of you are using one, there is a chance you might just both unknowingly slide past each other, not being able to see each other on the minimap. And if you do get jumped, then it would be no different from when you weren't paying attention and you got jumped by that nice clan :lol:

Nice idea, but I think it should stop working as soon as you have a skull above your head, so that once you pked someone you are at full risk again. After all that skull over your head can be spotted from far away, hard to hide that ;)

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

No, just no.

Care to elaborate? :lol:

Looks like someone didn't bother to read the post, and didn't see that it dosen't actually make you invisible. If you did read it, you really should go into why it's a bad idea and what could I put in to improve it.

No, just no.

Care to elaborate? :lol:

Looks like someone didn't bother to read the post, and didn't see that it dosen't actually make you invisible. If you did read it, you really should go into why it's a bad idea and what could I put in to improve it.

Im sorry, its actually a pretty good idea, its just that after several crappy ideas plauged the forums I've been thinking all suggestions are.....lame. Anyway I highly doubt Jagex would implement this in Ruenscape.

Firstly all worlds are and always will be the same.

About the idea itself, It would improve herblore so thats good. But then again Jagex has been making the wildy more dangerous. This potion would throw all that away.

Overall good idea, but it wont work for this game.

it does make it more dangerous as u can't see that pker coming up on u

as well as making it safer as well as u can hide beter, 6 and half a dozen

and possible you could make it so its a magic spell that can only be used if u drik the potion?? and poissble before u can drink them u have to do a difficult quest??

^ thats almost as bad as teleporting.. nah its even worse :?

noob pkers won't go in wild without it, just for when they see a possible enemy that they maybe can't handle.

also when your nearly dead, 10hp left, at gds, drink from potion and walk out wild again with 10hp? bad idea :evil:

edit:

was talking about idea of person above me, the idea of the person who started this thread isn't to shabby. pretty good idea :wink:

it does make it more dangerous as u can't see that pker coming up on u

as well as making it safer as well as u can hide beter, 6 and half a dozen

and possible you could make it so its a magic spell that can only be used if u drik the potion?? and poissble before u can drink them u have to do a difficult quest??

I've changed my mind. No invisibilty :) I thought of a group of 50 PKers with no white dots as I try to gather planks in wildy.

lpinkus

What I was thinking of was a potion that renders you completly invisible, but you can't attack, or be attacked, perfect for treasure trailing.

yea, then just drink it when being attacked by a group of PKers? No, thats a horrible idea. And that has no use while treasure trailing because you can't attack the zamorak mage that you need to kill before you can get your treasure.

And i think this would make the wild a whole lot more dangerous (and safer if your PKer friend dosen't drink one). And clans could easily ambush each other in the wild... :)

As for the magic + potion suggestion, again, bad idea because that would, again, overpower an already overpowered class, even though they have to take a swig of the potion aswell.

Also, this wouldn't effect F2P wild, just keep that in mind. So the guy at the bottom saying he couldn't gather planks, guess again, just do it on an F2P world.

I just got a really cool thought. Ok, the invisibility potion will actually make you invisible... BUT, armour/weapons/accesories are visible. So if you are wearing full rune, they will see you as a guy in full rune. But if you have absolutly nothing on, you will be invisible. But your white dot does appear on the minimap. But the super invisibility potion hides that aswell. If a pker wishes to invis pk though, they will attack someone, and if they have auto retal on, they will immediatly turn around and attack back. So if you are completely invisible, that means you aren't wearing armour. And if you aren't wearing armour or weapons, than their initial strike will hurt a lot more.

This I think would open up highly new deminsions in RS wilderness: E.G: someone is in the axe hut, invisible, and they are weilding an iron battleaxe. They look almost identical to the axes. You attack them without thinking, you get a skull, they switch to a whip or somthing and you get pooned by a floating whip :)

to counteract this, there is a prayer to be able to see the invisible. It has a slow drain rate, and dosen't work past level 30 wild.

This would be VERY useful for treasure trailing. The only thing is when the zammy mage attacks you, you have to weild your weapon or cast spells, and if there is a nearby PKer, that would reveal your location (ie: a floating dragon long.... hmmm....)

With those evil barrow weapons that we all have now, invisibilty won't help much. But back to subject.

Invisibility has also been discussed in a form of a cape. Should it be required to wear the cape at the same time as the potion? Without the cape on, the invisibilty potion basically poisons you for a short time, and stops by itself?

But why restrict invisibilty to just the wilderness, eh?

In "safe" zones, which is anywhere not in the wilderness, may invisibilty able you to slip past some monsters without being detected?I mean, the average hobgoblin wouldn't even twitch his head if you passed right beside him while you were invisible, though the invisibilty restricts your movements, so attacking him is out of question. But the average dragon would smell you 200 miles away and be able to find quite well without you under the influence of the potion/cape?

As far as I can guess, Jagex would dismiss this idea and ban the word invisibility on its forums. But you never know.

I like the one where it makes you like a ghost in armor. "A floating d long... Hmmm...." :lol: I think it could make you invisible but if a PKer happened to move his mouse over where you were standing, it would show your stats and all that stuff and he would be able to attack. It would definately help those treasure trailers. Including myself in the future :)

Nice idea, but I think it should stop working as soon as you have a skull above your head, so that once you pked someone you are at full risk again. After all that skull over your head can be spotted from far away, hard to hide that ;)

I agree with Lode, it's a good idea but once you attack another player,the effects wear off. Nice idea, this would be very useful for certain people such as treasure hunters.

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p

• 1 year later...