Article I found about Oil Prices and the future.

RSBDavid

You could make a system that took the H out of H2O

We currently have ways to extract hydrogen from water. And as far as I know they are working on using hydrogen as a fuel source.

It's quite easy to extract Hydrogen from water through Electrolysis, the only downside is that it requires a lot of energy (in fact, less energy than you might get with hydrogen combustion). Thus, it only works as an energy storage, and you still need electricity to get it. Now, if there are only dirty power plants (coal, oil, gas) in your country, you're only moving the pollution to a different place.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

rofl vegatable oil, no, just no...

the fuel of the future is defently solar, currently solar pannels are 14% effecient, basicly they only absorb visble light waves, not micowave to gamma rays, we are very close to boosting that effeceny to 80%. A solar pannel on your car running at just 50% they would be putting out the same amount of energy as a V6 enginne. solar pannels are really they future

It's not sunny every day. Also the various metal / plastic / glass particles of a Soler panel is just a weapon in a crash, it if breaks in a crash that's just more sharp pieces of metal / plastic / glass flying about. Hydrogen really seems to be the future but it's in it's early stages right now.

rofl vegatable oil, no, just no...

the fuel of the future is defently solar, currently solar pannels are 14% effecient, basicly they only absorb visble light waves, not micowave to gamma rays, we are very close to boosting that effeceny to 80%. A solar pannel on your car running at just 50% they would be putting out the same amount of energy as a V6 enginne. solar pannels are really they future

It's not sunny every day. Also the various metal / plastic / glass particles of a Soler panel is just a weapon in a crash, it if breaks in a crash that's just more sharp pieces of metal / plastic / glass flying about.

Not only would it be dangerous during a crash, but it would be expensive to replace after the crash.

Hydrogen could be the future:

"We can do a 100 mile trip on 4 oz. of water"

This and desalnition go hand-in-hand!

I'm thinking these cars are going to be expensive...

Hydrogen doesn't seem like a good fuel to me, as, like oil and such, there is not an infinte amount as to my knowledge. We could infact, end up using it all up one day, dooming ourselves.

The best fuel, would therefore be kinetic energy created by yourself. Buy a bike or something, perfect mode of transport (though trips will be alot longer).

Right now, we need a perfect fuel without any major lifestyle chages. All these renewable energies aren't going to be that good. Can you say that you'll always have enough wind or sunlight to supply enough power?

The only viable one I see is Hydro Power. It creates the flowing water (kinetic energy) into electrical energy, though there is a loss due to friction, which is a flaw with Wind Energy aswell.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

When the Hydrogen burns, it forms water vapour again, and goes back into the cycle. There's no way we can run out of water with that.

However, there's still the problem of how to get that hydrogen, since it needs lots of electricity. I'd say fusion power is our future; it powers stars, why not the Earth as well?

This signature is intentionally left blank.