Omg, another bad update ..

elucin8er

Try hard to forget it. I did. Go boss hunt, GWD, or Barrows. Go have FUN.

Yah thanks, I'll try :( :( I am still a skiller afterall, 1900+ skill total. But now my place as a pker is lost forever :(

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Wow, since when did Runescape become a single player game?

I'll answer that question the second you tell me when RuneScape became a "help-my-lazy-friend-or-relative-or-acquaintance-because-they-asked-for-it" game.

It is serious because the update was utterly stupid. The reason behind it supports my arguement of Jagex turning to a kiddy-like Runescape. Every update has slowly opened the doors for more kids playing due to how easy the game is now. If they complain something is hard, or if they get scammed, Jagex gets to work right away, as a large portion of their income is from these groups.

Wait a second, you mean to tell me that kids play games? I had no idea!

[if you can't see through my biting sarcasm, I offer the next statement.]

So, by eliminating the most common avenues for RWT, Jagex is all of a sudden pandering to the children? Give me a break. Jagex has been accused of pandering to children long before this update. It's not about scams, you know (although it's an awesome side-effect), but you're obviously too narrow-minded to see otherwise.

I am NOT here to have my hand held or have jagex decide what I can or cannot lend out. I HAVE read the updates but for me, it just doesn't cut it.

What are you here for then? It seems you do nothing but moan about essentially nothing. I understand that you've just come back and the changes are a shock, but if you don't think you can adapt, just disappear quietly so we don't have to deal with your ignorance.

By the by, I really do think you should go soak your head, or take a long walk off a short dock, whichever is more convenient.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'll answer that question the second you tell me when RuneScape became a "help-my-lazy-friend-or-relative-or-acquaintance-because-they-asked-for-it" game.

It is serious because the update was utterly stupid. The reason behind it supports my arguement of Jagex turning to a kiddy-like Runescape. Every update has slowly opened the doors for more kids playing due to how easy the game is now. If they complain something is hard, or if they get scammed, Jagex gets to work right away, as a large portion of their income is from these groups.

So, by eliminating the most common avenues for RWT, Jagex is all of a sudden pandering to the children? Give me a break. Jagex has been accused of pandering to children long before this update. It's not about scams, you know (although it's an awesome side-effect), but you're obviously too narrow-minded to see otherwise.

I am NOT here to have my hand held or have jagex decide what I can or cannot lend out. I HAVE read the updates but for me, it just doesn't cut it.

What are you here for then? It seems you do nothing but moan about essentially nothing. I understand that you've just come back and the changes are a shock, but if you don't think you can adapt, just disappear quietly so we don't have to deal with your ignorance.

By the by, I really do think you should go soak your head, or take a long walk off a short dock, whichever is more convenient.

Wow, am I not in the Rants forum? You're a complete moron, I'm here to rant, and I've had my recent rants supported and related to. If you love the updates that's your concern, but I really don't appreciate the way you're talking to me. I have every right to complain about the updates, and I don't need your insults here.

Walk off a short dock? Yeah Nice one buddy .... Do NOT talk to me like that.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

[hide=Rant]

Wow, am I not in the Rants forum? You're a complete moron, I'm here to rant, and I've had my recent rants supported and related to. If you love the updates that's your concern, but I really don't appreciate the way you're talking to me. I have every right to complain about the updates, and I don't need your insults here.

Walk off a short dock? Yeah Nice one buddy .... Do NOT talk to me like that.

Okay, to your question about being in a rants forum:

Also, I don't care that you're just venting steam. There's a difference between venting and spewing utter ignorance. If you can't discern between that, don't consider coming back.

No one cares if you're here to rant. There's a difference between a rant that is willing to except the changes and get over it, and a rant that can't accept it and complains. Go to Runescape official forums if thats the case.

And we have every right to talk to you this way, wise [wagon]. So far, you've treated us like dirt. "The rants forum isn't the place for you," basically telling me to GET OUT, and then spewing random ignorance and avoiding the censor because you can't even spell [developmentally delayed]ed right. So we'll talk to you like this until you give us respect or leave.[/hide]

To eatrunearrow:

1) You're just upset because you never had those safety chances and you're jealous. GET OVER IT. The fact is, you're probably an older level that shouldn't be worrying about the children, again GET OVER IT. If you can't get over it,

. Then go rant in RSOF.

2) Actually, I could never tell how to use the map for a while. The point of it was to keep idiots like you to leading us to the wilderness.

3) There was a reason to number six, it's because you ARE an idiot. Just because JaGex wants to illustrate the Dev Diaries doesn't make it childish. This tells me that a) you don't like cartoons, or you're over-mature and need to grow down, or B) you're a cranky nerd that sits on his computer and flames JaGex for the really little things. THAT is a little thing. Moron. And yes, in your eyes I flamed you. I guess calling an idiot an idiot when it's due is flaming. Never new that. :roll:

Look, the fact that you gave up and saying all my points fail is precisely the reason why you fail. And, it also tells me you didn't read them accurately because I did you give you reasons why they weren't kiddy. Home tele applies to everyone, not just kiddies, said I. Where does it say why JaGex added it? Maybe number 2...No, it just says they've been there forever...3? No, they help out anyone...ah, four! Ya, and I gave a damn good reason why it's good for the "Kiddies" because it can help them get a jump start. Again, sounds like your more jealous because they get the boost. 5...Like I said, the level 10 dying=loss of customers, and potential lurers bringing them in their for their own personal game. And I meant to say not everyone who joins in kiddie, so basically anyone can fall for a lure. Skipping 6, 7. Well, there, don't bless 'em, free stuff. ALSO, it can apply to higher levels. Apparently, you're saying you wouldn't be a tad distraught for losing items, probably thinking "THEY'RE ONLY PIXELS!!" Point: Higher levels that go KBDing and die can retrieve their stuff. YES, LEVEL 100's can regain their millions. So they don't lose money. Don't make it seem kiddie. And last: The new tutorial is more engaging for any age, to get them sucked into the excitement. Nothing kiddie.

So your post equals fail again, eatrunearrow. And many things that you hate just seems like jealousy to me. Get over it. When you come up with a good comeback that isn't like a nine year olds IQ..I'll be waiting.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Lol i've never seen people get into a rant so much, I guess this post was crazy stuff.

Well my ranting time is done, think I've vented enough steam about Jagex's stupidity. :P :P

Phew, good flame session guys, I'm out. :D

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

PK is dead, yay and good riddance. To me, Pking is a totally pointless part of the game. I am so happy it is gone. And to the PKers who feel cheated that it is gone, too bad, I am laughing at your loss and I hope you lose more.

The threadstarter is a tool and an idiot. But I do support his right to rant as it provides pointless and mindless entertainment for many of us. Keep it up. I "respect" you for it.

Have a Swirvy day

Mystik01.gif

[hide=Spoilers. (well, not really)]

PK is dead, yay and good riddance. To me, Pking is a totally pointless part of the game. I am so happy it is gone. And to the PKers who feel cheated that it is gone, too bad, I am laughing at your loss and I hope you lose more.

The threadstarter is a tool and an idiot. But I do support his right to rant as it provides pointless and mindless entertainment for many of us. Keep it up. I "respect" you for it.

Have a Swirvy day

[/hide]

I was never a PKer, and even I admit that the wilderness was a place that one could go to have fun. If you're laughing at the loss, you're really just as bad as the players who want to remove Skills because RWTs used them to get money.

There is such a thing as too far into an extreme.

Lol i've never seen people get into a rant so much, I guess this post was crazy stuff.

Well my ranting time is done, think I've vented enough steam about Jagex's stupidity. :P :P

Phew, good flame session guys, I'm out.

This is how Rants should end, I think. People vent, others discuss, everyone has their stress relieved by the venting.

[hide=Spoilers. (well, not really)]

Have a Swirvy day

[/hide]

I was never a PKer, and even I admit that the wilderness was a place that one could go to have fun. If you're laughing at the loss, you're really just as bad as the players who want to remove Skills because RWTs used them to get money.

There is such a thing as too far into an extreme.

Those who want to get rid of skills are the same morons who do not understand that PK is not a skill, but an expendable part of a game that decided that PK should not exist the way it used to. Those are the same idiots who doesn't realize that this game brings in bottomline dollars for a multimillion dollar/pound company that saw PKing as an acceptable loss in order to preserve the game and thus bringing in revenue.

Those are also the morons that feel the need to keep the drama alive after 7 months of "change" to their game.

Now, I am not any of those and that is that. I am a person who shows no "loyalty" to Jagex, skillers or PKers. I am a standalone who only cares about my own personal gameplay. If Jagex affected your gameplay, too bad, don't expect any sympathy from me, but make a big deal out of it and I will and shall find amusement in your loss because you brought that onto yourself by posting a rant. By ranting, a poster will get cheers and jeers, praise and flame, and sympathy and embarrassment. And I will comment as I see fit.

Mystik01.gif

• 2 weeks later...
OH WOW. To top off my previous post about bounty hunting, I now discover item trading. I CANNOT give my sibling some items to help here along. WOW. That ... is so stupid. Are we children? Do we need our hands held so that we're safe from big bad scammers. [Guthix] [Cabbage]. Jagex, you guys may aswell say, Runescape, reccommended age is under 10 years ... -.- I can't believe the Runescape I've come back to. They may have the money, but they now have a rubbish game in their hands. Shoulda keep it RS1 style, that was true RS :(

Before I begin, please edit that swear word out. It is very offensive to me. I don't give a damn if you say "damn" instead, just make it so it's just "damn".

Did you even read WHY they did this? Read the development diary on Runescape vs. RWT.

I understand how you feel (at least somewhat). I can't give my d hally to a friend who spent all of his money on staking, even though that WAS stupid....I'll never be able to pk like I planned to do wonce I reached 115+. Oh well. We must adapt and move on. Drinking stagnant water only makes you sick.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Well, lets take all of your problems, and counter them:

You cant help your siblings: Item lending was introduced

No pking: Bounty hunter is now avaible. I know it isnt as good, but its a subsitute.

You cant give away items: Well, item lending again REALLY helps.

Also, you have to understand Jagex did this for a reason-To stop RWT'ers.

Jagex didn't make this game to fit YOUR needs.

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!