Tip.It Times Presents: Perspective

Rcty

I like the article, though it sounds like the author was a little oversensitive about being called a noob lol, my combat's now 120 and i still get called a noob when i don't give someone 3k,

noob and newb have become 2 completely different words since the flood of younger players

newb means your new at something, everyone is a newb at rs once

noob is an attitude of immaturity and pointless flaming of others (usually written in a bad attempt of 'leet' speak), wether it be richness, combat levels or totals, that is my take on it anyway :roll:

its rare to see some1 call some1 else a newb, its always noob noob and more noob. noob used to mean what u have have stated. what penny is talking about is we dont even know what noob mean. i was call a def noob by some low lv out of no where. my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Like I said, noob is an attitude of immaturity ;) and the only noobs are the ones that use the word noob as insult #-o

to answer you're question of what noob is, clsoest I can figure is it's the internet version of a fad insult, like irl it's 'your momma' on mmorpgs it's 'noob or (insert random skill) noob'

It's only used to make the little kiddies feel big and mean to those that are smarter/older/better at the game

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice article. A little short, though, I would have wanted to read a little more about this topic. Don't ever assume anything. My stats are the worst, and does that mean I'm a newb??? No. I've been playing for a looooong time (since way before RS2 came out), and I still have some skills under 10! I spent almost three years on the Crew here at Tip.It, and that cut into my playing time. Add to that my job, my child, my house, you get the picture.

So don't ever assume that someone with crappy stats is a newb. It's the WAY THEY ACT that gives it away.

Wow. The retired Tiptit Crew leader has stats under 10. Never saw that coming.

Being a skiller/quester, I like spending my time semi-productively on rs...And I'm a complete slacker irl o.O

People need to stop juding people on their appearance...First impressions of people make WAY too much of a difference in people's judement.

This post has no continuity :P

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It's a good write an all, but I just don't think it's appropriate for a tip.it times. I mean really though, if you bother to read tip.it times, then you are most likely a tip.it forumer and therefore are mature enough to already know everything we just read.

I'm not saying it's a bad write it was originally and well written but it would probably suit newer players and the immature slabs of bacon grease that also play this game.

And also throwing this out, the "did you know" sucked... it was too recent to be a did you know and it was clearly announced by Jagex because they wanted everyone to know about it.

Just my opinion please don't flame me.

brendanrune.png

It's a good write an all, but I just don't think it's appropriate for a tip.it times. I mean really though, if you bother to read tip.it times, then you are most likely a tip.it forumer and therefore are mature enough to already know everything we just read.

I'm not saying it's a bad write it was originally and well written but it would probably suit newer players and the immature slabs of bacon grease that also play this game.

And also throwing this out, the "did you know" sucked... it was too recent to be a did you know and it was clearly announced by Jagex because they wanted everyone to know about it.

Just my opinion please don't flame me.

Gets out flamethrower o.O

Well this is Runescape so it would be a salamander...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

This is great! And it's all true. Also, some level 138s who've already done all they think they can are being called newbs, just because they made a new account to restart their mission of runescape, when if the newb callers thought about it they're the newbs compared to the new account.

Great job, im a level 74 nonmem add me, power ness. =D>

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

I fully agree with this article

I have a very rare username "peanut" which shows that i have played for a long time [which i have]

i am a combat level 85'er, with atleast 2.4 mil of items

Yet i am still called "n00b" or "newb" by charecters who are 10+ levels lower then me

I think it's time everyone stops calling each other noobs, because the whole point of runescape is to chat, get rich, and get powerful, and calling someone a name such as "n00b" causes someone to think they fail on two of those objectives

And yes, every so often, when someone begs and follows me around asking for money, i will call them a noob, but they deserve it. when i am standing in the castle wars lobby, wearing my dharoks with a torag helm, someone pops up to me a calls me a noob.

i dont understand it, anyone else with any opinions to what i just said?

peanut.png

Goals:

65/70 Attack

70/70 Defense

68/80 Strength

64/75 Fishing

71/70 Mining

I don't really get the point. People are always gonna be calling us names. In my opinion, the best thing to do is to be indifferent. How would a stranger know yourself better than you anyways? We just shouldn't care what they think, because no matter how many morality articles we get, there still seems to be lots of immaturity going on. If you can't change the world - change yourself.

I highly agree. Im a lv 100 with a 99 and peps call me noob. What can I do? It pisses me off I spent years getting it and no respect. I quit a few times cause of this. I played Rappelz a very nice game for a week and got 50 easy. The game was good but nobody talked like in RS. Just expect I will be back soon just because I miss the people (And the falling gwd item prices...cough) - wrote this on my psp so forgive the abv. if any.

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

It always feels very odd when players consider themselves old school and such. I then have to think, since I was playing long before that, what the hell am I?

I've been with the game for over 7 years now. I'm 134 (technically, 135 if I ever get around to using my charms or bones for one more level) with a 2100+ ST and eight or nine 99s. Now, because I've been playing that long people view all of those things as being fairly unimpressive :-# So yeah, that's the other end of the spectrum; getting judged on the years despite having most of those 99s and such for years.

The other big problem with just being with the game forever is just being used to being great so then you get mildly irked every time the bar is raised and it takes you a while to catch up (such as when any new skill comes out) or admitting that it's really not worth catching up (I was t75 for defense at one point, but I wouldn't try for that now >_>)