Tip.It Times Presents: Perspective

Rcty

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this article was average at best. I'm not an advocate of no-lifing and I've never done it, but I can honestly say that 9 times out of 10 a level 70 character will be a complete moron. In most cases, I just ignore begging pleas from them or acronym filled attacks when I "take their monster". I don't attack or ridicule. Give respect to get it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Oh I agree.

On minor exception though: mini-games. Quite frequently I really do judge people on their combat level for Barbarian assault. Of course, I have won with a team with all chars with HP below 70 'cept me, so yeah. I don't don't really stereotype except for there. Cause combat level does help a lot, and the people there are usually just there for a quick torso, so if I gotta deal with a noob player to Assault, then I want one that can at least stay alive. :lol:

but other than that, Great article, so true. =D>

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

This is the kind of article I think Jagex should put in tutorial island or something, just so everyone reads it. Great job.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

Nice article.

Part of the problem is that many people criticise others for focusing on different parts of the game. Hence the label "skiller noob", someone who isn't so interested in combat and just likes levelling up their stats. It's almost like they think there's a "proper" way to play RuneScape, and anyone who's not doing it must be some kind of fool.

I wonder if it's related to the way sporty kids will often pick on geeks for not being interested in sport?

=D> this is my favorite response. Especially that last sentence \'

Yeah, true true, great article deathmath

Aeolyn5601.png

Zombie: Eat Flesh

This is the kind of article I think Jagex should put in tutorial island or something, just so everyone reads it. Great job.

on tutorial island/the new quest, i hardly read anything, i just wanted to figure it out for myself. When i played Pokemon, i hardly talked to any npc's because there was no point, i mean how many people would really read it? Its a great point, but, you have to think, will people bother reading it?

Aeolyn5601.png

Zombie: Eat Flesh

on tutorial island/the new quest, i hardly read anything, i just wanted to figure it out for myself. When i played Pokemon, i hardly talked to any npc's because there was no point, i mean how many people would really read it? Its a great point, but, you have to think, will people bother reading it?

They will the first time around :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Nice article.

Part of the problem is that many people criticise others for focusing on different parts of the game. Hence the label "skiller noob", someone who isn't so interested in combat and just likes levelling up their stats. It's almost like they think there's a "proper" way to play RuneScape, and anyone who's not doing it must be some kind of fool.

I wonder if it's related to the way sporty kids will often pick on geeks for not being interested in sport?

i couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

still have to think up a nice signature

lol

very true. i get called noob all the time (nearly all of the noobing is trying to insult me becouse im beating them at something) prayer noob is one of the most used one's. even thow im level 90 now i still chat and mess about with my friends more then anything else, most people think level 90 wow but i should be at least 120 if i skilled like normal people (im a cemi guthux skiller with bad str).

p.s. awsome read :thumbup:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I like the article, though it sounds like the author was a little oversensitive about being called a noob lol, my combat's now 120 and i still get called a noob when i don't give someone 3k,

noob and newb have become 2 completely different words since the flood of younger players

On minor exception though: mini-games. Quite frequently I really do judge people on their combat level for Barbarian assault. Of course, I have won with a team with all chars with HP below 70 'cept me, so yeah. I don't don't really stereotype except for there.

It's quite hard for me to get into a decent BA team, because my combat level is 72, although I have 76 HP and reached level 5 in all roles.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anyone criticizing my kind-of-low combat level though, but I'm crafting runes most of the time anyways.

On minor exception though: mini-games. Quite frequently I really do judge people on their combat level for Barbarian assault. Of course, I have won with a team with all chars with HP below 70 'cept me, so yeah. I don't don't really stereotype except for there.

It's quite hard for me to get into a decent BA team, because my combat level is 72, although I have 76 HP and reached level 5 in all roles.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anyone criticizing my kind-of-low combat level though, but I'm crafting runes most of the time anyways.

i had the same problem, i am very good at ba but no one would get me on there team (exsept the people who allways lose)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I like the article, though it sounds like the author was a little oversensitive about being called a noob lol, my combat's now 120 and i still get called a noob when i don't give someone 3k,

noob and newb have become 2 completely different words since the flood of younger players

my thoughts exactly and probably that of many hi lv players. often a lower lv player would come to you demanding something and when u refuse ur the one that is called a noob.

in my experience the ones to call lower lv player noobs are often those who are mid lv players. hi lvs players in many cases have played for yearsand have matured as a person, they would have learnt that some lower lv players have less time or started playing after them.

its true the words noob has changed over time, noob used to mean ur acting immature. now its just an insult for which we dont know the meaning much like the f word. and if ur a newb you are considered a noob

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

I must say this is an interesting article. I agree that too many players take too much stock on when a player started playing and automatically assume a player if 5-years should have extremely high levels and loads of goodies stashed away in their bank. I sometimes find myself making these assumptions as well but not often. ;)

Recently, I've been farming a lot and came across some friendly competition with another player. So, I asked the player I'm competing with questions like how s/he makes money to afford high level tree seeds. I began to covet his/her ability to make reasonable sums of money to buy his/her stock of high level tree seeds that s/he used in a day. After a while, I felt slightly frustrated that I won't be able to keep up with him/her since I'm not really good in the "money making" department and resort to using huge quantities of lower level tree seeds. Chatting with another friend, he made me see through my slight frustration and I regained my composure to realize that it's just a game and I'll get my lvl-99 farming in due time.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Wow, that was a pretty short read for a Tip.it Times article. The situations that Deathmath writes about are exactly why the quote, "Do not judge a book by its cover," was even created. I am a Level 3 skiller in the world of Runescape, and I receive assumptions that I am a newb all the time. I welcome these assumptions because I enjoy being a newb. It's exactly why the elderly envy the young. Enjoy your Runescape "childhood" for as long as possible, because before you know it, it's gone forever. And if people call you names, ignore them and revel* in the fact that they are only doing so because they feel bad about who they are.

Think over what I have just written,

Skiittles11

*I don't if that's good or bad word choice. :-s

241216351433lk2.png

Yep, very good article. In a sense I have the opposite problem...I have a not bad (Over 115) Combat lvl yet I know very little about Runescape.

Basically when I began I concentrated solely on combat so many of my other skills are lacking. I have never once played Castle wars or Pest Control, have never visited The Barrows but people see my combat lvl and ask me loads of questions. They can get quite annoyed when I say "I just don't know" as if I am deliberately being obtruse. Another assumption is that I must be rolling in GP, I can assure you I am not.

I have completed all but one quest, but that does not mean I recall every detail of every quest that I have done. A combat lvl is just a number "all sound and fury, signifying nothing." Play the game for fun and be nice out there.

Ive been playing runescape for like 5 1/2 years, and I'm level 128 with 1990 total levels or so, I'm not really sure, but anyway I think people should stop being stupid calling people noob and whatever, and also stop caring if people are stupid.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

newb means your new at something, everyone is a newb at rs once

noob is an attitude of immaturity and pointless flaming of others (usually written in a bad attempt of 'leet' speak), wether it be richness, combat levels or totals, that is my take on it anyway :roll:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

newb means your new at something, everyone is a newb at rs once

noob is an attitude of immaturity and pointless flaming of others (usually written in a bad attempt of 'leet' speak), wether it be richness, combat levels or totals, that is my take on it anyway :roll:

its rare to see some1 call some1 else a newb, its always noob noob and more noob. noob used to mean what u have have stated. what penny is talking about is we dont even know what noob mean. i was call a def noob by some low lv out of no where. my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

lcchs.png

lcchs.png