draconic visage!

lizzy9313

ok...

I have decided to start my hunt for my own visage..

Do you think I have high enough stats? (Stats in siggy)

I would prefer to range rather than melee..but I will sacrifice if need be..

Please tell me your thoughts for good armor and Inv setups..

And does anyone know visage drop rate?

Dutchnclover.gif

The visage drop rate is low enough that it's absurd to set off on a quest JUST to get a visage. In all likelyhood, you'll kill dragons for several months straight without a visage.

That said, if I were you I would range black dragons and bank the hides and bones, which should make you plenty of cash even if you never see a visage, or range iron and steel dragons if you want to live off of luck a little bit more. You'd probably see enough dragon legs to keep yourself afloat. I would suggest soloing the KBD, but that place is always full on every world nowadays -.-

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

:thumbup: i beleave you wouldent have any probs, you could probaly solo kbd 3-4 times per trip reguarly, or iron drags. you have good cb stats so range/melee hybrid could work, i suggest rune cb with ruby/diamond bolts (e) and a ddp (++) thank :P, i would love for you to update me on here or rs with your killcount or such

examine info:Retro704, your ally from the alley. wait...WTF???

retro704.gif

Dragon Drops: Spear (8/21/08)

The visage drop rate is low enough that it's absurd to set off on a quest JUST to get a visage. In all likelyhood, you'll kill dragons for several months straight without a visage.

That said, if I were you I would range black dragons and bank the hides and bones, which should make you plenty of cash even if you never see a visage, or range iron and steel dragons if you want to live off of luck a little bit more. You'd probably see enough dragon legs to keep yourself afloat. I would suggest soloing the KBD, but that place is always full on every world nowadays -.-

Darn..I didn't realize the drop rate was so low :|

Dutchnclover.gif

greens got it all , no need for me to say anything lolz :-#

um...wtf did you just say? btw greens dont drop visage >:^)

retro704.gif

:thumbup: i beleave you wouldent have any probs, you could probaly solo kbd 3-4 times per trip reguarly, or iron drags. you have good cb stats so range/melee hybrid could work, i suggest rune cb with ruby/diamond bolts (e) and a ddp (++) thank :P, i would love for you to update me on here or rs with your killcount or such

So your saying solo kbds for cash right?

Dutchnclover.gif

green is the username she is referring too

thanks for clearing that up :D

retro704.gif

i was talking bout green9090........not green drags lolz?

The sausage man always says:"you can pound my schnitzel, but u cant beat my meat"

"i worked with the real sausage man"

Again, I would not suggest the KBD, because you'll spend FOREVER finding a world without people in it. Seriously, don't even bother. It's extremely frustrating and not at all worth it.

Plus, at your ranged level, you'd be REALLY easy to crash. Somebody with 95 ranged would steal your kills without breaking a sweat.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

so I suppose watch out kbds because here I come!

Dfs are around 23m right? How long does 23m profit take to get from kbd vs black drags?

i think you should make mabye 15mil+ profit if you buy all things(pots, weapons, food, teles) if you solo kbd or mabye 20+mil if you range iron or black drags, but that is my guess

retro704.gif

Personally I suggest ranging black dragons in the evil chicken lair. I did that for a while. I buried the bones and banked the hides. I made a lot of money from the hides and also got a few decent rewards from clue scrolls along the way. I brought 2 range potions (4) and potted once every 2 drags. I used a rune crossbow with emerald (e) bolts.

With that magic level of 90 maging iron or steel dragons would be your best bet, I believe they have higher rate of dropping visages than black drags... You'd also cover the cost of runes plus more with skirt and leg drops and get some mage exp :thumbsup:

you will lose money maging steels unless you get d legs every trip

ok... then irons... :shock:

You will lose money maging irons unless you get d legs at least once every few trips. Of course, I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to irons and steels. I did every single iron dragon task from 60ish to 90 slayer (which HAD to be over 3k dragons) without one drop better than r2h. Before that I killed around a thousand and got one pair of d legs and one d spear to show for it. I hate that place...

Why do people think they can mage irons and steels and still make a profit? It's absurd! Doing that is a money sinkhole, you will find yourself bankrupt very quickly and very unhappy with all your rune javelin drops. Either range them @ 90+ range or super set melee them.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

From personal experience i found black dragons are the easiest to get it from, just wear your best range armor, rune c bow and some mith bolts. The only thing you really need in your inventory is a shark or two and things to high alch because you can use safe spots to range them in the evil chicken lair. I have to warn you though, this may take a very long time. I got 2 visages in 3k kills then i went on killing another 10k black dragons without one. So be prepared, this may take a very very long time. The only thing that will keep you going back are the bones, if you bury or keep them and the d hides.

jpegsigtest.jpg

rune javs are a great drop they alch for 374 i think

... :shock:

#-o

*makes a mental note to quit dropping his rune javelin drops* My only defense is that back in the day when metal dragons came out, nats were 400 ea and that would have been impractical.

You know what, draconic visages are so rare (unless you're incredibly lucky like my friend which got one at like 120 black drag kills that s.o.b.) you might as well use the time that you would be hunting the visage to something like runecrafting or hunting chins and make just as much money, or *gulp* merchant :cry: .