New sig

pienaple

I Loled XD. It's pretty good, I like the colour scheme and the cool background and the render choice with it, the blending on the other hand could be improved, it looks like a render pasted on a background at the moment, the text doesn't really match with the signature itself and the colours on it could be better (Text only), the low opacity head that's right of the render doesn't look too good in my opinion but neither does it look too bad.

I suggest getting a smaller text and a different font and use a gradient on the text that goes with the flow, on your future signatures I also suggest making your base of your background by smudging a copy of the render as it makes it a little easier to blend it (Play around with settings as well).

igsig.png

I DID smudge the render in the background, but i guess what put that off is the fact that i used 4 C4Ds....

Oh and a thing about blending, I KNOW how to do it properly but the fact is that its my style to have the render "pop out" of the sig, since i really don't like the look of smudge overlapping the render from the top to underneath. So...uhh yeah.

I may start making sigs again

Armyoftwosig.png

RSN: Pie Naple

I really like it. You said you want it popping out? Well if you blend the black side a bit more, to create a better ambience, and flow. That's is definitely not a bad thing. Good colours, especially in the background, which i love. My only thing is that the sig itself isn't terribly riveting. It doesn't excite me.

lampost_sig_stark.png

If you like that "popping up" kind of look I suggest blending a edge or so on the render just, it'll look better overall but still have the pop up feeling.

Blending any part of the render is out of question for me :)

It may not look blended but the colors beg to differ :P

Armyoftwosig.png

Julius pretty much said it all. :P It's not bad, just lacks blending and the text isn't great.

http://www.deviantart.com is a good site for tutorials. Try looking at a few of them, they're really helpful.

Why you always say the same?? "just lacks blending"? What do you mean? Show us sig with GOOD BLENDED RENDER...

This signature is really good. Render is great, text too.

mysig2.png

----TheLair Game!----

"Game isn't dead... You wish!"

^ I say the same often because lots of people have the same things they need to improve on. I mean exactly what I said, the render lacks blending in my opinion. deviantART has plenty of people that make signatures with well-blended renders, and there are lots of tutorials on how to blend renders.

I don't want to turn this into a big public argument/flame war, if you have any more to say on this subject please PM me.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

Why you always say the same?? "just lacks blending"? What do you mean? Show us sig with GOOD BLENDED RENDER...

Well, I'm staring at a few prime examples of signatures with a lack of blending in this thread. Jopie knows her stuff, kai? And she gives some of the best C/C out there. No offence to you, Pienaple, but Pomar, you can't really think that the signature is "REALLY GOOD". There are so many flaws. Just look at the text!

For some C/C -

The text is awful. A simple arial black font is better in signatures than any of that jazzy crap. The render takes up 50% of the background leaving you not much room to place effects carefully. Those abstract fractals or brushes, look terrible. Try using some proper C4D's and using them to your advantage. For example, using them to blend, smudging them for colour, and any other effects you can think of. Brushes aren't the best thing to use. And you DO need to blend. Remember, this is C/C so it's not meant to offend you. I'm trying to help you.

Avatar by Unoalexi :: Signature by Skull_Emblem

Illumination Graphics :: Click here to download the BeyondGFX resource pack!

beyondgfx.png

Jason321.png

Well, I'm staring at a few prime examples of signatures with a lack of blending in this thread. Jopie knows her stuff, kai? And she gives some of the best C/C out there. No offence to you, Pienaple, but Pomar, you can't really think that the signature is "REALLY GOOD". There are so many flaws. Just look at the text!

For some C/C -

The text is awful. A simple arial black font is better in signatures than any of that jazzy crap. The render takes up 50% of the background leaving you not much room to place effects carefully. Those abstract fractals or brushes, look terrible. Try using some proper C4D's and using them to your advantage. For example, using them to blend, smudging them for colour, and any other effects you can think of. Brushes aren't the best thing to use. And you DO need to blend. Remember, this is C/C so it's not meant to offend you. I'm trying to help you.

Thanks a lot for it. I am not going to re-edit the sig but instead i will make another one and try to improve on it. Oh and by the way - I have not used any downloadable brushes in all of my photoshop usage. I sometimes use the basic brush set for smudging but thats it. The backgrounds are C4Ds and Fractal render so you are slightly correct :P

Armyoftwosig.png

Take a look at her deviantart, compare it to your sig. But seriously you can't say show us a good blended sig with a sig like yours.

Good blended sig:

Just looking back at the gallery.

I hope WeeBoab won't mind, but I'll post this sig. This is a good blended sig:

DarknessElf2.png

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

I actually DO know how to blend, it's just i prefer not to.

I mean c'mon, since when is there a rule that tells you how sigs are supposed to be made? There's no "right" way to blend/shade/draw etc. People have different styles, so maybe i just wanted to be different? :P

Armyoftwosig.png

It would look better blended, we're telling you how to improve your work, not to change it completely.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât