Varrock Hard Achievement Diary correction

In the Varrock Achievement Diary Hard section, under the Poison Ivy (farming) requirement and the Addy med helm (smithing) requirement, it mentions that you cannot use potions or assistance to complete these tasks. However I have verified (by doing it myself) that you can actually use a Dwarven stout(m) to boost your smithing level by two levels, so you can complete the smithing requirement at level 71 instead of 73, and you can also use the Summoning familiar Stranger Plant (requires Summoning level 64) to boost your Farming skill level by three levels, so you can complete the 'pick poison ivy' task at Farming level 67 instead of 70. I am currently level 71 Smithing and level 67 Farming and have completed both of these task by doing this and now have the Varrock 3 armor.

Well I am shocked, many people reported that they tried those dodges to no avail when the diary was released (which is why the guide was updated to say so).

Would you be willing to post a pic of yourself wearing the 3 armour, showing your stat screen? that would be awesome.

In the meantime, I will try to ask a friend to try it, but it would be great if someone else from the forum could confirm?

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I never recall anything about stat boosts not working. I remember my friend trying to use Evil Dave Stew for the Smithing requirement, which worked. Wheres the exert from the guide that mentions no stat boosters? I can fix that if there is mention of that in the guide.

I never recall anything about stat boosts not working. I remember my friend trying to use Evil Dave Stew for the Smithing requirement, which worked. Wheres the exert from the guide that mentions no stat boosters? I can fix that if there is mention of that in the guide.

Me and pokemama fixed it.

I also used boosts for the smithing and farming parts :).

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.