Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mobilizing Armies Locator Index

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Who
[ Display Name History ]

Who

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,463 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • Clan:SODB
Warning: This guide is image heavy.

Mobilizing Armies Locator Index

A reward from the Mobilizing Armies minigame are Locators, which teleport you to different resource locations. What is often overlooked is that most of the time the resource itself is not the reason why Locators are useful; it is what is surrounding the resource. Let me give you some examples as to why you should consider obtaining one of these:

- Woodcutting spot getting crowded? Just teleport to a new one!
- Hardcore Slayer? You can teleport directly to Dark Beasts, without the hassle of the Temple of Light puzzle, or the wasted inventory space of Mourner clothing.
- Want to try and get your own Dragon Pickaxe by killing Chaos Dwarves? Teleport near the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield and save yourself 5 minutes of walking.
- Throwing Chinchompas to train Ranged? Teleport next to the entrance to the Monkey Madness dungeon.
- Want to kill Blue Dragons but lack the 70 Agility for the Taverley shortcut? No problem with a locator.
- Doing a Clue Scroll? The Locator can teleport you near common clue locations (Hobgoblin Mine, Mage Arena, etc)

With over 100 different teleport locations, truly the Locator has something for everyone.

Wow! Sounds great, but how do I get my hands on one?

Let's talk about the Locator itself now. There are 4 different kinds you can obtain; each offering more teleports than the last one.

Posted Image
Inferior Locator
Rank required: None
Reward Credits: 24,700
Teleports to: Copper Ore, Tin Ore, Iron Ore, Herblore Secondaries 1, Fish 1, Oak Trees, Willow Trees

Posted Image
Poor Locator
Rank required: 100+
Reward Credits: 44,800
Teleports to: Silver Ore, Clay, Maple Logs, Special Logs

Posted Image
Good Locator
Rank required: 200+
Reward Credits: 70,600
Teleports to: Gold Ore, Mithril Ore, Herblore Secondaries 2, Fish 2, Yew Logs

Posted Image
Superior Locator
Rank required: 300+
Reward Credits: 102,900
Teleports to: Adamantite Ore, Runite Ore, Magic Logs

Now for some specific details on Locators:
  • Locators start with 50 charges. Each teleport wastes 1 charge. They become fully recharged after playing a game of Mobilizing Armies.
  • You will get a warning message each time you want to teleport; there is no way to turn it off.
  • Better locators can teleport to locations of worse locators (Eg. Poor Locator has its own teleports, and can teleport to all locations of the Inferior one. Superior Locator can teleport to all locations.)
  • Locations teleported are random, but there will always be that particular resource
  • Not all locations are unique (Eg. Mithril and Adamantite Ore both share the location of Hobgoblin Mine)
  • Locators will not teleport you to locations you cannot already get to (Eg. You need 40 Crafting for the Crafting Guild Gold Ore location)
  • When teleporting to Herblore Secondaries and Fish, you cannot choose what type you want.
  • Note that you can only have 1 Locator at a time, so you can't have a Superior and a Good, and you can't have 2 Inferiors. They can be sold back as you gain more ranks.
  • Using the Locator to teleport consecutively may result it in giving the message "The locator buzzes for a second, then emits a small puff of smoke. Oh dear." This will not waste a charge, so just try again until you get the warning message.

The Index

Posted ImagePosted Image

"I want to go to _, but I don't know which resource to pick."

Well this is what this index is for. This index will list every possible location that you might end up in. The Index only lists unique locations, and if two locations share the same spot, it will redirect you. As I mentioned before, the index is image heavy, so view at your own risk.

The index will have the following format:

#) Location Name: URL to Tip.it map of location (If applicable)
Image of Location
Map: URL to World Map

Contains: # _. # _ (Only lists number if resources are reasonably countable)

Nearby attractions (Things nearby that you may want to teleport to this location for):
- ____
- ____

Ctrl + F to find something quickly. Use the names in the image above ("Copper Ore", "Fish 1", "Special Logs", etc)

Caution: There is a warning screen for a reason. Some locations are dangerous, so prepare yourself against things like poison, dragon breath, revenants, etc.

The index

Ermy
[ Display Name History ]

Ermy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 623 posts
Great guide! might be better if you put each locator it its own hide tag.

Posted Image
Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Joskeuhtje1
[ Display Name History ]

Joskeuhtje1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 203 posts
Very nice guide, and agree with what Ermin said.
Posted Image

Draconic
[ Display Name History ]

Draconic

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Quetzulcoatl
Massive Kudos for taking all those pictures.

Incredible guide as well. MA is serisouly underrated.
When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Cantristenon
[ Display Name History ]

Cantristenon

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Cantristenon
Amazing :o

I had collected myself a text list of superior locator teleport places that I was going to publish but I had never thought about that massive picture guide.

Shelby_Polo
[ Display Name History ]

Shelby_Polo

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 1,856 posts
  • RSN:Shelby Polo
Very nice guide
I would only suggest to make a section of popular spots (like you somewhat did at the top) and which locator/tele can get you there.

Posted Image
Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

oake
[ Display Name History ]

oake

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 256 posts
Thank You for the guide
Oake

12pure34
[ Display Name History ]

12pure34

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  • RSN:David vK
I must say, this is an amazing guide.
Beautiful lay-out and great information. You really placed a lot of effort into this.

What concerns me is, although some spots are great. How reliable is it?
You can't really decide which spawn you get to can you?

From your own experience, for which resource do you think it is most usefull? I'd personally say for high end ores and logs?

Anyway, AOW guide!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Who
[ Display Name History ]

Who

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,463 posts
  • Clan:SODB
Jagex's intention wasn't to make the Locator a transportation device, so that is probably why we have no power to choose the location. However, if you're feeling lucky, then a teleport or two might get you to the right location.

Of course there's always the downside of teleporting 10 times and not getting where you want, which will happen. You just have to use your own judgment and decide whether or not it would just be faster to travel to your destination the old fashioned way. Personally, I would rather teleport several times to get close to the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield than take the immensely long walk. On the other hand, using my Lyre and then taking the boat to Neitiznot might be better than trying to teleport there only to end up in the Lava Maze underground. :lol:

warrior5024
[ Display Name History ]

warrior5024

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
All of your guides over the past few years have been immensely helpful for me, and this one is no exception! Thank you for your hard work in researching unknowns and bringing out the full potential in the locator, I will be sure to use mine now
Posted Image
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Cowman_133
[ Display Name History ]

Cowman_133

Retired Administrator

• Members
  • 6,383 posts
  • RSN:Cowman_133
This guide has been moved to the Archive of Wisdom forum. Nice work on the guide ;)

~Cowman
~AOW Moderator~

Zoov
[ Display Name History ]

Zoov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • RSN:Zoov
Interesting.

Posted Image
Signature by Unoalexi.
Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.
Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users