WoW pvp vs. "dead" Rs pvp; a solution to wildy pking

fenrir321

Oo, first rant in the TIF, must be interesting then...

This is split into two subjects: comparing both games' pvp systems and a Wilderness idea for no kill-and-loot, but like edgeville pking

WoW pvp- WoW revolves around pvp. Why? It's fairly easy to gain gold from quests to reset talents...The quests give a heck of a lot of experience, there are SOOOOOO many weapons and armors in the game I can't even list a handful of them. You can even kill the opposing faction in non-sanctuary territories! Of course, you don't get anything except honor points which can be returned at the honor-hold (I think that's what it's called) in Orgrimar or the nooby alliance one in someplace where I don't care because Horde is ftw and Alliance is ftl \' . You can't kill-and-loot a player's drops. There are only 3 minigames too: Warsong Gulch (castle wars with only a maximum of 10 on either side), Arathi Basin (control the points minigame, we have yet to have this type), Eye of the Storm (more advanced version of capture the points), and Alterac Valley (40-man pvp Raid, best minigame ever). Basically, pvp is random and is only restricted in Sanctuary provinces which are Shattrath, the Dark Portal, and the Blasted Lands.

Rs pvp- Rs revolves around rping. This because it takes much longer for one to get lvl 99 in a skill as opposed to getting 300,350,400 in a WoW skill. You can master all the 24 skills which ever order you desire. Wow, you must choose only 2 professions and if you change, your lvls in that skill reset to 0. Basically, you can only master 8 skills (6 secondary skills) at a time. You cannot change you combat lvls distribution at any time. There is no random pvp any where in the world because it used to only be kill-and-loot. It is constrained to the duel arena, cwars, clan wars, fight pits, FoG (yes that's pvp!), and Bounty hunter. There are only 143 quests soon to be 144 (the square of 12! :shock: *random smily*) as opposed to WoW's basically limitless quests of random kill-x, bring me-x mould (sp?). Rs quests also give exp other than combat exp, and fairly large amounts because of the limit of quests in the world.

Since both games are not revolving around the same thing, it's pretty much comparing apples to oranges. You CAN'T compare either game's pvp with the other's, they're just too different in training style and set up.

I do like WoW. I'll say that right here and now. Blood elves are ftw \' . Horde is awesome. Now if only there was a neutral faction, I'd be ecstatic... I got hooked back onto Rs just because I started grinding away at skills again. I have to say, I think I've finally reclaimed my soul from Blizzard :thumbsup: , but now it's in the hands of Guthix (Jagex).

I really do like the faction part though. I, as well as a bunch of other players would like the random killing too (That's basically what the wilderness was always about anyway: constant danger despite your actions and random killing, like revs.) If Jagex does really want to be like other mmo's, then this would be a guarantee to bring back players as well as get some people who tried the 10 day trial, but can't/won't pay $15 a month -.- .

Make the Wilderness a pvp place again. Let the revs stay, but if you die, the winner gets points equal to the defeat one's combat lvl and average combat lvls averaged together ;) . These points can be returned to get special untradeable armor. If you die, you lose the points equal to your highest combat lvl and your prayer drained to 0 while your soul points also get drained to 0.

Soul points: special points which only apply to pvp. Soul points are maxed out at 28 and increase by 1 for every 5 lvls you gain. You start out with 1 soul point at lvl 3, 2 at lvl 8, 3 at lvl 13, and so on until 138 gives you 28. Every soul point allows you to stay in the wilderness for 10 minutes. Revenants over the lvl of 50 also have a special move that can deplete your soul points by 1 each time the attack hits move than 0 (summoning based attack.) So, if you do not encounter a rev, you can stay in the wilderness for 280 minutes (4 hours and 40 minutes.)

Death in the wild: you lose three things:

1. 10% degradation in all degradable items (FoG and barrows).

2. points equal to your highest combat lvl.

3. your soul points are reduced to 0 and cannot be recharged except once every hour AFTER praying to the a soul altar near the three respawn points. Obviously, you can't enter the wild with no soul points

You lose no items at all from WILD death regardless of being killed by a revenant, player, or monster. Any other death will be normal, but you can only perform this pvp in the wild. Note that soul points will also apply to normal death. So even if you die from the KBD which is not in the wilderness technically, you would still NOT be able to reclaim your items (normal death outside of wild) since you could not enter for an hour.

Who would pvp? there needs to be SOME organization...

Oh wait, there's Zamorak, Saradomin, and GUTHIX (my lord and master \' ) and Bandos (my third lord and master :thumbsup: ), but no Zaros :( (my second lord and master)

By choosing Zamorak as your god, you gain 15% more experience in attack, strength and range and can attack Saradominists on whim

By choosing Saradomin as your god, you gain 10% more experience in defense, prayer, hitpoints, and magic and can attack Zaromakians on whim

By choosing Guthix as your god, you can 15% more prayer experience, 15% more summoning experience, and normal combat experience and can attack both Saradominists and Zamorakians, but only if either is already engaged in battle, you are in a multi combat area, and/or the saradominst/zamorakian is already in combat with you.

By choosing Bandos as your god, you gain 25% more Attack and strength experience, and can attack anybody on whim in the wild, but you recieve 25% LESS experience in all other areas and 50% less experience in hit points.

You receive a mark next to you name and over your head when you enter the wild that corresponds to your chosen deity. You average level is also displayed only next to your name. Only applies to Bandos: when fighting anybody in pvp, you gain an invisible (non stackable) 15% boost in attack and strength, but you take 30% extra damage.

The above is basically synonymous to WoW classes and pvp. I wonder how many people would rant that "Jagex is trying to be like Blizz, but will phail epically" if they did implement the above :-k . Going from one thing to the next, like those old hags in the Windwaker who ALWAYS had to have SOMETHING to complain and/or gossip about.

I hope people will like this idea :thumbsup:

I now have a similar thread in the suggestions on the RSOF: 24-25-227-57330120. Please check that one and support! ::'

Glossary:

Talents: special abilities that allow you to become more powerful with each level after lvl 9 up to lvl 60, 70, 80. There are at least a maximum of 41 per tree (group of talents). Each class has 3 trees. The equivalent to Runescape is distributing combat lvls to att, str, etc. within a total combat lvl of 80. You can reset talents for a small fee (about 1k in rs gold value) to completely change your battle strategy. You cannot learn all of the talents, only 61 of them in the burning crusade expansion pack. Since you can get 99 in all skills, Runescape allows you to do everything, while WoW restricts you to specific "raid roles".

Sanctuary territoies: 4 territories: contested, alliance, horde, and sanctuary. Contested territories have high monster levels which are aggressive towards both factions and equal chances for either faction to be in the said territory. In alliance/horde territories, the opposing faction is at a great disadvantage because a notice "XXXX is under attack!" will appear in the alliance's chat box. Also, most monsters are guards, which are relatively high lvls (60) and are aggressive towards opposing factions. Pvp is normal in all three of these territories. Sanctuary territories mean no pvp can be conducted and npcs that are of the opposing faction will also not attack you. Basically, it's a sanctuary from pvp!

Honor points are the equivalent to bounty hunter and rouge points, but they are redeemable at certain pvp based malls.

Control the points: occupy a "ring" or area. When you claim it after a certain amount of time, you gain x amount of points per x seconds. If the opponent occupies the ring/area or halts your capture progress, you must either a) kill them and resume taking control or B) reclaim the spot again. There are bonuses for controlling multiple rings/areas. The team who fulfills the point requirement (like 250 to win) first wins.

Raids: groups of players who have specific jobs in order to take down dungeons. The equivalents for Rs are the KBD and KQ for boss battles. But for actual raid equivalents, Gwd and the Dagganoth Kings are most like this. Barbarian Assault can also be considered a "safe" raid in its own regard.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

WoW PvP sucks. In most of the battlegroups the Horde are outnumbered. And there is SO MUCH whine about class balance.

I don't get why some RS players treat WoW as if it's the God of all MMO's... Sure it's got the biggest player database but I don't think it's anything special.

:ohnoes:

And about the idea... I don't know.

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

WoW PvP sucks. In most of the battlegroups the Horde are outnumbered. And there is SO MUCH whine about class balance.

I don't get why some RS players treat WoW as if it's the God of all MMO's... Sure it's got the biggest player database but I don't think it's anything special.

:ohnoes:

And about the idea... I don't know.

What sucks: being mage and needing 5 buttons on your mouse to be good (that's what happened to me)

spawn camping -.- nuff said

noobs complaining that kiting it stupid. It's just a legit as runners in FoG

The good points of WoW pvp is that instead of being luckscape, you almost always take damage (unless you're a tank with 75% block, dodge, parry chance) but in minute amounts. But I like Rs pvp more just because the style are more realistic, like crush, slash, and stab. I also like the almost no cooldown on special attacks. :thumbsup:

class unbalance: OMG M4G3 15 T3H 0WN4G3?!11!!1111 If you have a good kiting and pvp build for maging (like me), you can obliterate even the toughest of tanks in a matter of seconds.

I am retired from WoW because I actually would like to KEEP my soul, thank you very much :shock:

Sorry what? Can you explain whether you're happy with WoW or against it?

You used WoW terms too much :x.

I didn't even pick up the solution?

Sorry about that, I needed to organize it more #-o

good news: I finished organizing it, so you should be able to find the problem and the "solution", which is really more like a suggestion to an entirely different topic :XD: .

This is more of a suggestion no? not much real ranting, a nice idea but maybe on the RSOF would attract jagex more. OT: I would be a night elf hunter or rogue ^^ night elves r ftw blood elves :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

I read most, not all of your post. I was thinking almost the same thing, I think? Kinda just a thought though I came up with. Never played WoW, and know nothing about it. I have of course heard of it.

I think this is what you are getting at, and basically what I was thinking of. Make it where the wilderness is still open for pking? Make it so you can't get drops from a player in the wild. If you win a wildy match you get points that can be redeemed for rewards.

This is about what I was thinking, and am thinking this is what you are getting at?

I love the idea! And would still stop the rwt problem in the wild. But I say get rid of the mean ol revenants, seeing as how a lot of the wild is multi-combat. Do you really wanna have to deal with them while fighting against another player?

in4F.gif

I read most, not all of your post. I was thinking almost the same thing, I think? Kinda just a thought though I came up with. Never played WoW, and know nothing about it. I have of course heard of it.

I think this is what you are getting at, and basically what I was thinking of. Make it where the wilderness is still open for pking? Make it so you can't get drops from a player in the wild. If you win a wildy match you get points that can be redeemed for rewards.

This is about what I was thinking, and am thinking this is what you are getting at?

I love the idea! And would still stop the rwt problem in the wild. But I say get rid of the mean ol revenants, seeing as how a lot of the wild is multi-combat. Do you really wanna have to deal with them while fighting against another player?

Revs would take back seat to pvp.

player vs environment is tertiary and can be interrupted by secondary and primary

player vs revenant is secondary and can be interrupted by primary

Player vs player is primary and cannot be interrupted.

however, in multi combat you can have all three types attacking you at the same time :o

Think about it: piled by a chaos elemental, an ork and two knights, and a gang of pkers :wall: . Can someone say ownage ftl?

Good thing you lose nothing though \' (except what I stated)

WARNING TO ALL RS PLAYERS: DO NOT PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT! IT'S GAURANTEED TO STEAL YOUR SOUL WITHIN 5 HOURS OF STRAIGHT PLAYING! FOR EVERY HOUR YOU PLAY, THERE IS AN 85% CHANCE OF YOU PLAYING FOR ANOTHER HOUR!!!! I'm like a blood elf since we both needed to get addiction patches :lol: . (WoW joke)

There are only 3 minigames too: Warsong Gulch , Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, and Alterac Valley.

z0mg genius =D>

:wall: kent u count, tahts 5 mnigams FFS u r teh nub IMO

(hopes to get siggied) :pray:

yes i did intentionally say 5 instead of 4 *sigh*

but now seriously, this is like saying Blizzard should buy runescape and link the site to the free 10 day trial download of wow.

we don't ride gryphons or wyverns do we?

do we want to? NO

ranting on rants ftw :)

Headshotcatcher.png

There are only 3 minigames too: Warsong Gulch , Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, and Alterac Valley.

z0mg genius =D>

but now seriously, this is like saying Blizzard should buy runescape and link the site to the free 10 day trial download of wow.

do we want to? NO

First off, that's 4 not 5 :roll: edit: I got owned for not reading, my bad :wall:

And if you read the game descriptions, you'll understand that Arathi Basin and Eye of the Storm are both control the points (one is just a little more "strategic" than the other.) So, capture the flag, control the points, and basically an army campaign = 3 #-o

z0mg genius =D>

do we want to? NO

First off, that's 4 not 5 :roll: edit: I got owned for not reading, my bad :wall:

And if you read the game descriptions, you'll understand that Arathi Basin and Eye of the Storm are both control the points (one is just a little more "strategic" than the other.) So, capture the flag, control the points, and basically an army campaign = 3 #-o

Then thats 3 TYPES of minigames, not actual minigames.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

A raid is when you do a dungeon with 6 or more people.

RS has nothing that comes close to a 40, 20, or even a 10 man raid.

It's all just too easy in this game.

Technically a "Raid" can be a misnomer since my friend and I two-manned a 5 man dungeon (mana tombs). Actual RAID INSTANCES require 5 or more players. And yes, I know killing Kris' Tsuroth isn't going to take 45 mins like it does with illidan, but it is a good equivalent since you have the "Tank" and a lunar mage who can be the "healer" and a bunch of people who can be dps.

Woot, 200th post for me :thumbsup:

A raid is when you do a dungeon with 6 or more people.

RS has nothing that comes close to a 40, 20, or even a 10 man raid.

It's all just too easy in this game.

Technically a "Raid" can be a misnomer since my friend and I two-manned a 5 man dungeon (mana tombs). Actual RAID INSTANCES require 5 or more players. And yes, I know killing Kris' Tsuroth isn't going to take 45 mins like it does with illidan, but it is a good equivalent since you have the "Tank" and a lunar mage who can be the "healer" and a bunch of people who can be dps.

Woot, 200th post for me :thumbsup:

Yes but in WoW you have a tank, a healer, and a DPS (attacker).

Then you have the secondary roles IE crowd control and puller.

In runescape its usually a tank and the rest are attackers.

Lunar magic CAN heal but its seldom done and DAMN its expensive. Expensive in health that is.