Rant boards.

Within the past week or so, there have been numerous topics in the Rant forums that break the rules. I've actually noticed that bursts of these rule-breaking topics pop up from time to time. I'm just paraphrasing here, but basically, you're only supposed to write rants about RuneScape. All other rants do not belong there.

But where do they belong? We don't have a place for them.

I think we should just stick two sub-forums under the Rants forum. One for RuneScape rants, and one for non-RuneScape rants. The rules for the RuneScape-related board wouldn't have to change at all. As for the non-RS rant board, there could be certain parameters to guide rants to, or it could be about anything.

I'm not exactly fully supporting a forum in which people can rant about each other, the community, other ranters, or even the TIF boards themselves... but either we need to make it possible or change the existing Rant board rules, since people keep doing it anyway.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I'm pretty sure you can just report it as off topic/Wrong Forum, and then a Mod will probably lock/move it as he/she sees fit. I think the Off-Topic forum's usually the place for rl rants, as i've seen several rants there myself.

Exactly, Off-Topic is avaible for rants dealing with RL. I don't get why people stick those type under the Runescape rants, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Perhaps people should read the rules again and make sure they know what they're doing before they hit Submit.

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

Rule-breaking threads pop up in EVERY forum, but that doesn't mean that we need to fix it with an extra subforum. As previously stated, non-RuneScape-related rants belong in Off-Topic.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Rule-breaking threads pop up in EVERY forum, but that doesn't mean that we need to fix it with an extra subforum. As previously stated, non-RuneScape-related rants belong in Off-Topic.

Well, I did not know that. I suppose then that this topic is pointless and should be locked.

neraftdfw1.jpg

I'm pretty sure you can just report it as off topic/Wrong Forum, and then a Mod will probably lock/move it as he/she sees fit. I think the Off-Topic forum's usually the place for rl rants, as i've seen several rants there myself.

I've seen some total rulebreaking threads in wrong forum around here, and all a moderator does after seeing the report, is move and leave a message. I dont think any of them actually reads the content.

I may be wrong, and probably am, but this is what i have seen to be done (I dont blame you, i know how busy mods work can be)

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

I've seen some total rulebreaking threads in wrong forum around here, and all a moderator does after seeing the report, is move and leave a message. I dont think any of them actually reads the content.

I may be wrong, and probably am, but this is what i have seen to be done (I dont blame you, i know how busy mods work can be)

I doubt that's true. Most reporters don't even specify which forum the thread should be moved to, so the moderators have to read the thread to decide for themselves.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I doubt that's true. Most reporters don't even specify which forum the thread should be moved to, so the moderators have to read the thread to decide for themselves.

I agree with tripsis. Throughout my time as Moderator, I know that very rarely did I receive a report which told where to move something or something of the sort. You usually have to read and figure it out. Plus, if someone tells you that the thread belongs somewhere else, then the Moderator still has to make sure the user is correct before moving the thread.

Either way, the Moderator must be reading the topic.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

^

yes, thats how it is 99% of a time, but still, there have been threads breaking rules, and all that has been done is move it in the right place. I'm not saying it happens all the time, I'm only saying it has happened, and more likely will happen again.

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

^

yes, thats how it is 99% of a time, but still, there have been threads breaking rules, and all that has been done is move it in the right place. I'm not saying it happens all the time, I'm only saying it has happened, and more likely will happen again.

So a Mod makes a mistake? Just report the post again and it will be taken care of?

There are always a couple slip ups in the system, it happens.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Um, this really could have been locked five posts ago instead of sort of going off-topic. :P

Seriously, it's pretty much a pointless suggestion. I should have researched a bit more before making this topic. Go ahead and lock this, please (even though I already said it could be locked, all three or more moderators that posted in this topic ;)).

neraftdfw1.jpg

Locking this on author request, he got his answer and is happy about it. :)

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?