Profitability of zmi now?

timthegreat4

i used to rc alot, got from 1 to 77 solo, and want to get some levels at zmi.

since the skyrocket of ess prices, what kind of profit, if any, am i looking at at level 77+ rc.

Cheers

Current goal: 94 mage (85).

Proud owner of Quest cape, While guthix sleeps completed 3rd january 2009.

well, people claim to make profit at zmi, they often say if you have over lvl 75+ runecrafting you make the best profit using the zmi then lower levels...i would suggest that you wear an explorer rings to help make extra elemental runes when you craft.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

ooh thanks, completly forgot my ring does that =]

i only use it for energy and cabbageport when farming

cheers.

anymore with experiance, if not i;ll do a trial of 100, see how it goes.

im not gonna start till after the guild comes out. dunno bout my ess.

Current goal: 94 mage (85).

Proud owner of Quest cape, While guthix sleeps completed 3rd january 2009.

hmm....if i'm lucky i can get 800xp with 43 pure ess, so i would think you can get max of 1k exp for all ess in all pouches in one run

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

well, people claim to make profit at zmi, they often say if you have over lvl 75+ runecrafting you make the best profit using the zmi then lower levels...i would suggest that you wear an explorer rings to help make extra elemental runes when you craft.

Not sure the ring works there, but if it does, wouldn't that make you lose money? Bigger chance of elemental runes= lesser chance of bllods, souls and deaths, chaos ect...

Well I didn't test the ring out: however at 88 runecrafting I make around 50k an hour.... Making mostly law/death runes! and using the lunar isle bank.. Using castle wars bank earns slightly more (1-2k an hour) however it's also a bigger fuss (you actually have to watch out you don't forget a duelling ring).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Not sure the ring works there, but if it does, wouldn't that make you lose money? Bigger chance of elemental runes= lesser chance of bllods, souls and deaths, chaos ect...

I don't know if it works there either, but if it did, it certainly wouldn't lose money. It would have a chance of making one essence worth more elemental runes, assuming it was going to make an elemental rune anyway.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'm pretty sure the Explorer's ring doesn't work at the ZMI altar. I did an hour or two of ZMI runecrafting not too long ago, and I don't remember seeing the chat message that my Explorer's ring gave me extra runes.

Besides, you're using 150gp pure essence and turning some of them into 15gp runes. Getting an extra 15gp worth of runes 5% of the time (or however much the ring works) wouldn't make much of a difference.

woops I was totally off with the profits at zmi: with the new rune prices (50k was around 5 months ago) it's about 24k an hour!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.