isnt dwarf cannon out of the time-range?

Kedai

my thought is just this; if jagex is against making guns because this is "middle ages" then why have a "cannon"? even the cannons on the varrock castle and stuff, i mean, i think thats just a bit too advanced for a middle-ages type game. unless can someone post that cannons were around in the middle ages? (1300-1500's).

on that note, maybe they should make catupult/trebuchetes as a new type of weapon. it would be a ranged attack, but when used, the enemy can run/walk away as the projectile is in the air, but the projectile (like a boulder) hits 9 squares. has to be set up like a dwarf cannon too. and maybe in a year if clan support comes out (with clan owned castles) then the trebuchet could be used to knock down walls.

just a thought

I think cannons were around then but they were the old muzzle loading cannons you see in pirate movies,not the automatic type jagex have put in the game.

Out of all the players asking for guns,some must have thought that "if jagex can put cannons in the game then they should put in guns"

I agree with you that trebuchet's would have been a more realistic option,but taking the cannons out now wouldnt be fair on the players that own cannons or those that want one.

yes, there were cannons back then, but they were more of a burden then a help, since it took a team of horses to drag them around. There only real use was to hit castles and stuff, since they were too slow and cumbersome to use in a pitched battle. Introducing guns to runescape would ruin the entire spirit of runescape. Plus they have catapults in castle wars. And runescape is supposedly not in any time frame, so there arent really any specific limitations on these type of things

ShadowSam19.png

Gielinor, the world of RuneScape, is NOT MADE IN THE MIDDLE AGES.

I hate when people assume this. I remember distinctively very early on in the Jagex pages, that RuneScape wasn't made in a specific time genre to allow for more flexibility of skills and development, AS WERE NO RACES/CLASSES, and was made on java so everyone could play it.

Bang. Facts > Theory.

lol did you know that cannons and gun powder were already used by the Chinese? Djenghis Khan used a cannon form to storm the chinese cities.

The cannon in Europe was only being in used around the late middle-ages. Gun powder was brought from China and introduced by Marco Polo (he brought it from his travels to Europe). The cannon was one of the things that ended the time area of the middle ages in Europe. Cus medieval castles could not sustain the power of the cannons.

and lol want to talk about other things that are anachronisms in the game?

how about tap water and the sinks u find everywhere? Or the watch u need for treasure trailing? Or the electricity from the Frenkenstrain monster quest?

rs is a fantasy game lol. Everything is kinda possible. But putting in guns would make a total change in combat. And that would inflict the pk'ing too much.

There's another important reason, I assume, that JAGeX does not want to implement guns in the game. Guns are too closely connected with present day violence. Killing a "demon" with a "rune scimitar" is not close to anything you'd read in the paper. The world is sad sometimes, but I think JAGeX does a good job in keeping the Runescape world appropriate for all ages.

lpinkus

-a cannon that automaticly aims by itself

-steam powered trains

-steam powered spinning machines

-scientific research on spells that bring you to the abyss

-a chemistry distilling machine

-futuristic looking machines with switches on them

-an electrical kebab machine in the kebab shop in al kharid (it's too small to contain a fire in it and you can clearly see the electrical heat resistors plus the kebab meat has to rotate somehow)

-a lightning conductor for a frankenstein like experiment

-another electrical experiment where a guy turned into a chicken

yep, many modern things in runescape!

and where is the power plant to power those electrical things??

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Yep a true mongolian and a sick guy mounting severerd heads on tree limbs :)

also true no real time zone more proof... no dancing party nights in the middle ages with balloons

oh and about the modern day violence and the news thats kinda true but todays news stories arent quite news so you never know if you'll here "local man attempts to slay dragon with an unknown scimitar and now heres Todd with sports"

oh and about the modern day violence and the news thats kinda true but todays news stories arent quite news so you never know if you'll here "local man attempts to slay dragon with an unknown scimitar and now heres Todd with sports"

I think what your incinuating is that today's news can also be weird, and that's true. I'd take weird news over bad news anytime :)

lpinkus

just the other day I saw "Man Beaten at soccer game with a vegitable"

I've never seen a power plant in Falador and i dont see how there could be one no smoke coming from any building and now water or windmills near there unless its gerbils on those wheel things powering the whole world

I've never seen a power plant in Falador and i dont see how there could be one no smoke coming from any building and now water or windmills near there unless its gerbils on those wheel things powering the whole world

LOL. I was joking about about a power plant being in Falador :)

lpinkus

we could put it in that virtually useless area in the south east area, or maybe in an underground below the castle. maybe if this were to happen it could go further where there was a quest like the cat one and you get a gerbil!!! which you could use with wheels and then with electrical things hmm...the gerbil could become a valuable part of runescape....how odd

Don't know, don't really care. I doubt Santa was around back then either, and Halloween. Either way, it all comes down to the fact that this is a game, meant to be fun no matter what the setting or time. It's not supposed to be an historical simulation, just a game.

So It doesn't really matter either way.

um i got confused when u said 'clan owned castles'.(dont get me rong good idea but...)

a) a clan owned castle would be cool

B) do u no how many clan there are

c) where would u put a castle

d) would u like a ur castle blown up by a 'catupult/trebuchetes'

e) while ur there lets get our own boats and kill each other on the high seas with cannons and other stuff and loot the ships because thats a lot more realistic than building castles left, right and center.

f) where did u get the idea

g) what would average joe bloggs do walking bettween these huge castle, would they shout 'watch it we are under attack'

h) the dwarfs are master engines and where around before the fake gods (guthixs, zammy,sara) and was nearly around before zaros

i) who would pay the rent

j) what would the rent be for a huge castle

my thought is just this; if jagex is against making guns because this is "middle ages" then why have a "cannon"? even the cannons on the varrock castle and stuff, i mean, i think thats just a bit too advanced for a middle-ages type game. unless can someone post that cannons were around in the middle ages? (1300-1500's).

on that note, maybe they should make catupult/trebuchetes as a new type of weapon. it would be a ranged attack, but when used, the enemy can run/walk away as the projectile is in the air, but the projectile (like a boulder) hits 9 squares. has to be set up like a dwarf cannon too. and maybe in a year if clan support comes out (with clan owned castles) then the trebuchet could be used to knock down walls.

just a thought

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

just the other day I saw "Man Beaten at soccer game with a vegitable"

Learn to spell plx.

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

I think it would be like POH's and the clan would need aproval from JAGeX so not many clans would get approval bringing down the 1000s of castles. Also it wouldnt be a rent issue i think it would be a flat rate maybe 5M for a castle (would be more but they would be able to get captured)

OK no more gerbils or power plants.

Stay on the topic...which has already been resolved. (by me)

Well then, I guess no more replies are necessary :)

I agree with you bubs, just found your assertion to be imposing .

lpinkus