Red Chinchompas

elit9

First, I would like to comment on the option that allows you to "Attack" carnivorous chinchompas. Naturally, this engenders the issue of semantic blockage manifest in the fact that it is very easy to click on the carnivorous chinchompa, and thus attacking it as the default option, instead of clicking to set or pick up box traps. Anyone who has hunted carnivorous chinchompas is surely aware of this phenomenon. A hunter loses hundreds of GP, a chunk of hunting experience, and ultimately a bit of time as well every time this happens.

After several hours on end of carnivorous chinchompa hunting, I believe it is only to be expected that players will start making their share of misclicks. I do not see why we should be penalized for Jagexs blatant shortsightedness, ignorance, hubris, and hamartia when it comes to designing hunting NPCs. Honestly, what point is there to actually attacking a carnivorous chinchompa? Oh boy, 4 exp! It almost makes me forget they nerfed Pest Control, the purest combat training form of all, so long ago! Thanks, Andrew Grower!1!!

You know that most experienced Chinchompa hunters equip bows with no arrows. This means that you can't attack them...

coza17.png

You know that most experienced Chinchompa hunters equip bows with no arrows. This means that you can't attack them...

Actually most experienced hunters take along cheap bolts and shoot the chins when they try to escape/move away from my traps so that they respawn close by.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

First, I would like to comment on the option that allows you to "Attack" carnivorous chinchompas. Naturally, this engenders the issue of semantic blockage manifest in the fact that it is very easy to click on the carnivorous chinchompa, and thus attacking it as the default option, instead of clicking to set or pick up box traps. Anyone who has hunted carnivorous chinchompas is surely aware of this phenomenon. A hunter loses hundreds of GP, a chunk of hunting experience, and ultimately a bit of time as well every time this happens.

After several hours on end of carnivorous chinchompa hunting, I believe it is only to be expected that players will start making their share of misclicks. I do not see why we should be penalized for Jagexs blatant shortsightedness, ignorance, hubris, and hamartia when it comes to designing hunting NPCs. Honestly, what point is there to actually attacking a carnivorous chinchompa? Oh boy, 4 exp! It almost makes me forget they nerfed Pest Control, the purest combat training form of all, so long ago! Thanks, Andrew Grower!1!!

I was going to suggest that. :cry: I use a hunter's crossbow with no bolts, to still look hunter-esque while I'm hunting.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Just equip a bow with no arrows in it.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets