Mage Functionality

Ixindor

Full support! :thumbsup:

I like the scale idea a lot. It stops mages from being able to have the luxury of 6 slots at level 1, but also rewards mages as they get higher in level.

Something simpler maybe.

Lvl 1: 1 slot

Lvl 19: 2 slots

Lvl 41: 3 slots

Lvl 59: 4 slots

Lvl 75: 5 slots

Lvl 85: 6 slots (requires quest)

Lvl 95: 7 slots (requires quest)

The last two might need a quest to stop it from being overpowered.

This is not meant to sound offensive, but why are you all selling yourselves short? 3 Slots? So you only want to be able to have one spell loaded at a time? Granted you may get a few other spells loaded based on the 3 Runes you pick, but still you are selling yourselves short. Think outside of just High Alchs and Teleports. Look at the bigger picture. You may get much more use out of Magic with this idea. I understand that 6 may sound like alot, but look at the properties of Runes. Runes have no use alone. You have to have at a bare minimum of 2 Runes to make at least 1 Spell. Or a Staff equipped. Rangers do use multiple bolts/arrows, but its something I rarely see. The most common being Mith Emmy and Addy Diamond for their effects. When it comes to regular Arrows, you usually use the cost effective ones or best you can use. You don't see Rangers using combinations of Bronze through Rune Arrows for various effects. Rangers also have the (awful) Bolt Pouch. But at least its something. And like the Bolt Pouch, I was thinking of maybe putting a cap on how many Runes you can have equipped. Not sure how many yet (500?). The main purpose of this idea is to help save Inventory Space. If it were cut down to 3, for Slayer, I would have Astral, Cosmics, Laws in the slots for Spellbook Swap and maybe High Alch Runes in my Inventory with a House Teletab. That greatly reduces the versatility of the idea. It doesn't allow for the mixed combinations of Runes outside of the Inventory and the potential they would bring. You would again, have to fill up your inventory with the other Runes just to try and get the effect, which essentially defeats the purpose of this idea.

I can see where your coming from, I just don't think that 6 is a realisic amount. After all, rangers only have the one slot for arrows. Yes there is the bolt pouch as well, but that has limits. I think 3, maybe 4, is a very practical and realistic amount to suggest. Don't get me wrong, 6 would be perfect. It would make clues, skilling, slayer much much easier and efficiant, but I think 6 would make it TOO easy.

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png

I have to agree with the majority on this one and say 6 is too many. However, 3-4 would be fine and I would fully support that :thumbup:

I would also support the scale idea of opening more up as you level (with possible quests for the last 2, even if said quests are P2P since F2P don't have as many runes) :thumbup:

I have to agree with the majority on this one and say 6 is too many. However, 3-4 would be fine and I would fully support that :thumbup:

I would also support the scale idea of opening more up as you level (with possible quests for the last 2, even if said quests are P2P since F2P don't have as many runes) :thumbup:

What about this:

Lvl 20: 2 slots

Lvl 40: 3 slots

Lvl 60: 4 slots

Lvl 80: 5 slots (requires quest)

Lvl 90: 6 slots (requires quest)

And the quest should be a tough one, a hard/master quest (p2p?) with high requirements.

This way, most players will only have 4 slots, and only those who spend time doing the quest and training magic to high levels will be able to access more slots.

What about this:

And the quest should be a tough one, a hard/master quest (p2p?) with high requirements.

This way, most players will only have 4 slots, and only those who spend time doing the quest and training magic to high levels will be able to access more slots.

I like this idea. It's a nice way of introducing some high level content to an update.

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png

What about this:

That would be fine with me. It gives me 4 slots, which is plenty for me. :thumbup:

Lets compare the size of arrows and runes.

Arrows are long, and not very compact, so they take up a lot of space.

Runes, small, compact, round, can fit a decent amount in a small area.

You cannot argue that stacks make them more runes, because no one carries around 100k pennies in their pocket on a daily basis.

So technically, 6 runes could probably take up around the same amount of space as arrows, so, this seems pretty logical.

And for the "most spells only use 3 runes"

What about high alch and a teleport? Or multiple types of enchantments.

Lets compare the size of arrows and runes.

Arrows are long, and not very compact, so they take up a lot of space.

Runes, small, compact, round, can fit a decent amount in a small area.

You cannot argue that stacks make them more runes, because no one carries around 100k pennies in their pocket on a daily basis.

So technically, 6 runes could probably take up around the same amount of space as arrows, so, this seems pretty logical.

And for the "most spells only use 3 runes"

What about high alch and a teleport? Or multiple types of enchantments.

Multiple enchantments aren't really necessary to keep with you. And with 4, you could have Varrock teleport and alchemy together.

I support

Here is what i will add

F2p: Lvl 1: 1 slot

F2p: Lvl 20: 2 slots

P2p: Lvl 40: 3 slots

P2p: Lvl 60: 4 slots

P2p: Lvl 80: 5 slots (requires quest)

P2P: Lvl 90: 6 slots (requires quest)

I support

Here is what i will add

F2p: Lvl 1: 1 slot

F2p: Lvl 20: 2 slots

P2p: Lvl 40: 3 slots

P2p: Lvl 60: 4 slots

P2p: Lvl 80: 5 slots (requires quest)

P2P: Lvl 90: 6 slots (requires quest)

That's kinda what I suggested...

Great minds think alike, huh? :?

i think instead of adding slots, just have runes equipable in the arrow slot. having 6 slots is too overpowered. plus, we already have staves that give certain unlimited runes. so if you r weilding a combined rune staff, and u hav another type of rune in ur inventory, thts 3 types of runes not taking up ur inventory space

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

i think instead of adding slots, just have runes equipable in the arrow slot. having 6 slots is too overpowered. plus, we already have staves that give certain unlimited runes. so if you r weilding a combined rune staff, and u hav another type of rune in ur inventory, thts 3 types of runes not taking up ur inventory space

Rubbish. How good are combined rune staffs, seriously?

One rune slot is just absurd. When you have 99 magic, one rune slot is outrageously stupid, as you'll be able to cast a huge assortment of spells. But its quite stupid for a level 1 magic person to have 6 slots, which is why I think the scale idea is the best.