boat in mort myre swamp glitch

funnisam

well i was on my way to barrows recently to try to get a spear (still havent yet), and whilst in the boat i decided to turn my run off, as i now can due to the addition of the run icon around the mini map being able to be clicked on (i did this whilst the map showing where the boat is in the river was up btw). i clicked on it and ended up back at the start of the boat journey, but the mini map had no picture, making me unable to move or click on the boat. Thus needless to say i was worried, but soon afterwards my character slid north, then east, followed by a sudden change of scene, which was where the boat journey ends.

i dont think jagex tested that one lol.

steps on how to do it:

1. run to the boat in mort myre swamp

2. when the map showing where the boat is on the swamp is up, click on the run icon, which is around the mini map.

3. see where you are, and try and move somewhere

4. keep watching

5. go to barrows and get lucky =P (not a guarantee lol)

here is a screenie:

boatglitchjy6.jpg

I will soon be submitting it to jagex, but first i want some people to test it and see it =P

edit: i found out that the character doesnt slide, but it is floating and when you move the camera view the character also moves. so when you get back to the start of the boat thing, just keep rotating your camera around and watch what happens.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

hmm thats annoying, but if you follow the steps you should see what happens =P

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

awww, ill try to post a link or host it somewhere else

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Wow... I just attempted it, and, well, it did work, but my experience with the glitch was different...

When I clicked the button, it did take me back to the swamp... the only difference from yours was that I was standing high off of the ground! :o

I'll try and get a picture next run.

qoipgj.jpg

Wow... I just attempted it, and, well, it did work, but my experience with the glitch was different...

When I clicked the button, it did take me back to the swamp... the only difference from yours was that I was standing high off of the ground! :o

I'll try and get a picture next run.

The same thing happened to me.

tifa.jpg

I remember getting this once :P

actually i was floating, but the camera was looking from above thats why it appears that i am standing on the ground.

and jagex have now fixed this glitch. but i had some fun discovering it and sharing it with the great comunity of tip it =P

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz