99 Cooking!!!

Scouterzach1

Well, I am thinking of going for 99 cooking because my friend is going for it too.

He went from like 75-90 with swordfish and is now going for 95 with monks, then sharks to 99.

My question is, should I cook swordfish for 70-99 or at 90 cook monks and at 95 cook sharks?

Also, do you have to do the swan song quest to cook monks or can you cook them without doing the quest?

Scouterzach1.png

Current Goals:

96/99 Dungeoneering

2300+/2496 total

You do not have to do the quest to cook monks. I would recommend swordies (or lobster) until at least 70. I was still burning monks occassionally at level 80. You might want to look into getting cooking guantlets if you are going to agressively pursue a 99 in cooking.

per patch, you get about 7 herbs average.

For you, thats 140 ranarr. multiply by the price of a ranarr (don't know) and voila!

Tip: do a patch before you log off, and farm the patch again when you log on nex day. Doubles you harvest with a simple method. Also, when you are at the plot, farm marigolds as well, as they still sell at 3k+ ea.

If you cook all day long, you're not going to make money, you'll lose. Just thought I'd mention it.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

for myself i calculated that getting from 92 to 99 cooking probably cost around 5M or less depending on whether i chose swordies or lobsters...once i get p2p i'll probably cook monks till 94 and sharks with gauntlets till 99...that would be the most efficient ;)

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Well i just bought enough swordfish for 80 cooking from 70 and am going to be farming rannars while i do it, if i only do one plot of rannars a day, how much money should i make in 20 days?

You want to cook swordfishs at 70? Even with cooking gauntlets this is just stupid because you will burn some of them. Do lobsters instead to 81 cooking where you don't burn swordfishs anymore with cooking gauntlets. Then do swordfishs to 94 at which point you will stop burning sharks. Finally cook sharks to 99.

[404] Signature not found.

well, I really wouldnt mind if i burned like 1 a load, because at 10000, thats only like 300 and thats if i burn one a load, which i will probably have some where i dont burn any, so i chose swordfish, also, swordfish are cheaper to cook than lobsters and they would still make me lose less than cooking lobs to 80.

Scouterzach1.png

Current Goals:

96/99 Dungeoneering

2300+/2496 total